Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6703|Mountains of West Virginia
I recently installed Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate onto my gaming computer. I just yesterday tried to download the 1.41 patch for BF2 and when i finally got it completed, it says that the patch cannot install because the file is corrupt or something along those lines.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the hell is going on?

Rig Specs

Core 2 Duo E6600

eVGA 8800GTX

2GB OCZ RAM - dont have all the latencies remembers

550W Mushkin PSU

Gigabyte Mobo - dont know the exact model name

But you get the point, I have more than enough to run BF2 even on the highest settings, which I did when I had XP.

I did see another guy with the same problem as me. I tried downloading the 1.41 patch off of fileplanet and from the EA download program thing.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2007-02-28 21:13:17)

11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6466|behind my rifle
when i dowloaded a sort of demo version from wincustomize.com, i couldnt play bf2. i would hit the fire key and 5 seconds later it would fire. so vista +gaming=bad
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6453|Australia.
I've had a "file corrupt" with 1.2 once. Though I use XP.

All I did was delete the patch, download a new one direct from EA site. Re-install BF2 then install the patches again. Seemed to work for me, don't know how it'll go with Vista though.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK
This section is for requesting help with BF2S only, not BF2. Moved.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6678|Everett, WA, US
I was just about to install Vista Ultimate 32-bit, thanks for the warning.  How much does Vista Ultimate cost about?
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
I got it at a computer show for $200

I would advise not getting it until you have it. I mean it looks cool and all, but its not worth the money and the time and effort. There are barely any downloads for Vista yet and it made installing all of my mobo and vid card drivers a pain in the arse. I might just see if i can download the 1.41 patch to a disc and try uploading it onto my computer that way. But I guess we will see.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6678|Everett, WA, US

Snipedya14 wrote:

I got it at a computer show for $200

I would advise not getting it until you have it. I mean it looks cool and all, but its not worth the money and the time and effort. There are barely any downloads for Vista yet and it made installing all of my mobo and vid card drivers a pain in the arse. I might just see if i can download the 1.41 patch to a disc and try uploading it onto my computer that way. But I guess we will see.
I got mine for free (yes legally.  And full).  A neigh well known secret is to sign up for launch events a couple of months before they occur.  At the launch in Seattle, I got MS Office 2007, MS Groove, and 32-bit Vista Ultimate.  It cost nothing to get and nothing to sign up.  in 2005 I got free copies of Visual Studio 2005, and SQL Server 2005.  You need to know how to work those guys at Microsoft guys.  And you have to be on the ball when signing up because they fill up FAST.  I don't think anyplace has any openings for the 2007 launch even anymore though, sorry.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6637|Mexifornia, USA
There's a big problem with PunkBuster regarding Vista. PB sees Vista as some kind of modified OS that it has never recognized, nor updated to recognize, and will kick as soon as you enter a server. I don't know if this happens for everyone, but I've heard it's happening a lot.

My recommendation would be to get Vista about 6 months from now. Once they start releasing more game titles and apps geared towards functionality with Vista more so than XP, it'll lead to more patches/updates/fixes for your current programs. It's almost worth getting just for DX10, except I'm a cheap-ass so that won't be happening for me anytime soon!
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
Hmm. I got the patch from another site and the patch installed ok and everything. But now when I go to start up BF2 (click on Bf2 icon) the BF2 logo screen pops up (the one that doesnt take up the full screen, right before the "EA GAMES...CHALLENGE EVERYTHING, BZZPP" and it just goes away as if nothing ever happened.

Im thinking i should say screw this Vista shit, go back to XP and just sell my copy of Vista on eBay for like 100 bucks, what do you all think?
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6678|Everett, WA, US
Keep it.  Install it again after the next BF2 patch.  Shouldn't be too long since no one beta tests them.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA
Why would anyone install vista when there are so many issues with it??

I am not going near vista for at least the rest of this year and possibly next as well. . . .

If you use your cpu for gaming, and know that vista sucks for gaming right now, why install it??
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6700|England
Am I the only person who isn't having any problems with Vista and gaming?? I've never had the punkbuster OS error either. Disable user account control and run everything Bf2 related in compatibility mode with admin rights.

I think vista is great and won't be going back to XP.
tor11
Grunt
+18|6768|Os , Norway

Snipedya14 wrote:

I recently installed Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate onto my gaming computer. I just yesterday tried to download the 1.41 patch for BF2 and when i finally got it completed, it says that the patch cannot install because the file is corrupt or something along those lines.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the hell is going on?

Rig Specs

Core 2 Duo E6600

eVGA 8800GTX

2GB OCZ RAM - dont have all the latencies remembers

550W Mushkin PSU

Gigabyte Mobo - dont know the exact model name

But you get the point, I have more than enough to run BF2 even on the highest settings, which I did when I had XP.

I did see another guy with the same problem as me. I tried downloading the 1.41 patch off of fileplanet and from the EA download program thing.
Hi got the same OS as you, and hit the same problem , what i did was too download the 1.41 patch from a another site than ea, try fileplanet.com! It worked for me! Good luck!
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
Well I downloaded the patch from fileplanet and no luck there, same thing happened. So I am in the middle of reinstalling BF2 right now to see if that will work. But I had the same problem as i did last time. A little box pops up and says error in installing common_client .... Retry or no boxes are there, i kept hitting retry like 20 times and i finally just hit no and it let me keep installing it. Maybe that has something to do with the problem.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2007-03-06 15:46:02)

+0|6269
if ur not having problem with vista then ur very lucky, look around gaming sites and ull get the picture of what alot of gamers are going threw.
i know in my clan 6 of us installed vista , and apart from the various problems experienced in game , we also noticed a large drop in fps. i myself went from 100 fps to 40 fps.
if i was u i would uninstall it and reinstall xp . atleast for a yr . vista isnt about gaming its about looking pretty for the sale and making it hard to rip music and vids thats all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard