yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6646|Ft. Drum, NY
thnx guys. To tell you the truth im not sure what i want to do for a career after the army. Im hoping that someone is going to come in with a magic post and point out a MOS that would strike so much interest in me that i further my pursuit in that field. And infantry isnt a closed door so much as a screen slider closed but not locked. I've taken careful consideration into every field in the army but infantry doesnt scream out to me like some other jobs so its kinda low on the list. Does anyone have a relative that is a chute rigger or known someone in that job? Im looking for what to expect in that job....well, i know i can expect on folding and packing alot of chutes im just wondering if im not seeing something that the job requires.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
As infantry you could be a bodyguard after sering,but you're not one for infantry.

Someone i know was in the army and said if he could have his time again he'd be a pilot in the army,flying the Apache.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6510|Grand Rapids, MI
There's a lot of good advice in here. In the end what you want won't matter more than what the Army needs; they'll put you where they have the most need. And we all know that right now, the need is in Inf. I had a buddy that was all about joining the SEALS. When he signed up, he scored too high on his test, and got put on reactors. The way the DoD sees it, your commitment is to your service first, and to yourself (i.e. your career aspirations) second. I wish you luck. I tried a similar route and was declined (long story), so I envy your opportunity. Just stay safe out there!!!
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6496|Milkystania, yurop
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic
lagerfool
+23|6735|SE Virgina
Anything that gets you a security clearance, the higher the better.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Frankly, I'd be either an Apache guy or some sort of communications dude. Maybe be a Warrant Officer and be a real life chopper whore.

Anything that doesn't give me a huge chance of getting blown apart. AKA not infantry. I don't think I'd have the balls to be in a place for 6 months, fighting on foot, not knowing if the next road I cross will be rigged.

Best of luck in your career. I may very well end up joining one of the services, since frankly I'm not a good student by any means (my parents seem to have this illusion that I'm some sort of near-genius). Might as well get a stable job that can help me get other nice jobs later on in life..
ssj3barua
+55|6659|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.

lagerfool wrote:

Anything that gets you a security clearance, the higher the better.
This man speaks the truth!    Security clearance is very sought after.

Really man, if you want a worth while career go Intelligence.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6615|Camoran's Paradise
I'm pretty sure chute rigging would get boring and monotonous after a while.  I'm doing the ROTC thing right now and plan to go Engineer.  My grandfather did it for a few decades and loved it.

Hey, if all else, there's Artillery or even Air Artillery.

If you want a good breakdown on every branch go here:
http://www.branchorientation.com/

lagerfool wrote:

YOU STOLE MY SIG!!

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-03-06 15:01:26)

HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6550
Go Medic.

Go to Med school after you get out.

Become a doctor.
BVC
+325|6665
An engineer of some sort maybe?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard