armin
+0|6909| Bosnia & Herzegovina

Charmin wrote:

so how can i make my own map, cuz moghadisu would be official in no time!!!!
You can use the official EA BF2 editor
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6884|Peoria, Illinois

armin wrote:

Update

A few issues will have to be resolved.

1. Squads. 64 or 128 players, there ar enot enough squads for everyone.

2. Armor. I though of completely eliminating tanks in this map, BUT; APCs are better against infantry so maybe it should be only infantry + loads of humvees and other light transport

3. Statspadders. Of course an issue, map has to balance perfectly with 128 or 256 players, sniper spots have to be fair, as well as spawnpoints etc. This seems like the hardest job. Balancing.

4. U.S. will have 2 more spawnpoints, but all at the top. To "siege" the town from all sides is impossible to command, because the large map and rather small UAV radius.

5. I though of having as few buildings that can be entered as possible, climbed as well. Due to the huge size of the map and the player amount, ppl can hide everywhere and camping would be easy. It will also be harder to navigate.

Anyone with input/suggestions?
1000 tickets
FourStars
+1|6892|Australia
i downloaded the editor, bit tricky to use cuz i cant get the tutorials to work, anyone know if there is a pdf version released?
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6881|Australia
how about, we use the 16 man version, and put 256 ppl in it?
FourStars
+1|6892|Australia
haha ouch
Charmin
+1|6846
oh man that would be carnage, spawn camping goes right out the window if that happens.
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6954|Sydney, Australia
lol 17 spawn points if u had cable internet u wud get about 80 ping not that bad but i thought it was 255 player and where can i download all the stuff for it i wanna play it wudnt the game finish really fast aswlel 300 tickets?
armin

nitro92 wrote:

lol 17 spawn points if u had cable internet u wud get about 80 ping not that bad but i thought it was 255 player and where can i download all the stuff for it i wanna play it wudnt the game finish really fast aswlel 300 tickets?
It will be an oridinary map, no need to download extra Mod stuff...

ur sig. "MAVAV"... u gotta be joking?
lobo76
+2|6862
is 120+ people battlation (spelling) size? need a cmdr to control the cmdrs?
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6876|New Hampshire
My god, no way.  One word.  C4.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6994|Cologne, Germany

no Black Hawks ? seriously, I hate BH whoring just as much as the next guy, but if you put in enough AA stuff and jeeps with 50 cal.'s on them, that should be no problem. It only takes 2 guys on the heavy machine guns to take a Black Hawk down. I think it would be unrealistic for the USMC not to have air transport capabilities on such a large map.

Also, from a tactical / gameplay point of view, if the USMC is restricted to ground attack on SP's it will be much too easy for the MEC to figure them out.

size issues:

squads. you need to figure out a way to either allow for more squads or allow for more members per squad, possibly both. I don't know if that's within the editor.

UAV / Arti. Area of impact of both definitely needs to be expanded if you want it to be effective.

Armor / Vehicles. I believe you need to have all sorts of vehicles. After all, this is still a modern warfare game, and to exclude a special sort of vehicle simply because you are afraid of people whoring with it ain't right. This is modern combat. It should include tanks, APC's, transportation and air assets, as long as they would realistically be used in a real conflict of that kind too.
I agree on the planes though. you wouldn't have jets in a tight urban area like karkand.

USMC UNCAP's. I think it would be a mistake not to allow approaches from different directions. if the USMC UNCAP's are all in one area, it is way too easy for the MEC to concentrate their fire.

It is also more challenging from a tactical point of view if you place the UNCAP's in different directions, especially as far as commanding is concerned.

with all that said, you will have to do an extensive bit of testing before you can release the map anyway.
armin

B.Schuss wrote:

no Black Hawks ? seriously, I hate BH whoring just as much as the next guy, but if you put in enough AA stuff and jeeps with 50 cal.'s on them, that should be no problem. It only takes 2 guys on the heavy machine guns to take a Black Hawk down. I think it would be unrealistic for the USMC not to have air transport capabilities on such a large map.

Also, from a tactical / gameplay point of view, if the USMC is restricted to ground attack on SP's it will be much too easy for the MEC to figure them out.

size issues:

squads. you need to figure out a way to either allow for more squads or allow for more members per squad, possibly both. I don't know if that's within the editor.

UAV / Arti. Area of impact of both definitely needs to be expanded if you want it to be effective.

Armor / Vehicles. I believe you need to have all sorts of vehicles. After all, this is still a modern warfare game, and to exclude a special sort of vehicle simply because you are afraid of people whoring with it ain't right. This is modern combat. It should include tanks, APC's, transportation and air assets, as long as they would realistically be used in a real conflict of that kind too.
I agree on the planes though. you wouldn't have jets in a tight urban area like karkand.

USMC UNCAP's. I think it would be a mistake not to allow approaches from different directions. if the USMC UNCAP's are all in one area, it is way too easy for the MEC to concentrate their fire.

It is also more challenging from a tactical point of view if you place the UNCAP's in different directions, especially as far as commanding is concerned.

with all that said, you will have to do an extensive bit of testing before you can release the map anyway.
if there were BH, a squad could just go and take out the far enemy points, instead of the infantry fighting from flag to flag and pushing MEC back.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6966
Do you know if/how to make  apush map (like from DC Medina Ridge) ?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6994|Cologne, Germany

armin wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

size issues:

if there were BH, a squad could just go and take out the far enemy points, instead of the infantry fighting from flag to flag and pushing MEC back.
well, you would still have the MEC air assets to stop the BH threats. moreover, the commander could see the attempt to flank with the BH and order a squad to counter it. It all comes down to real Teamplay, I'd say. But if you want to keep it a "we fight from flag to flag, mostly on foot" - map, that's of course your choice.

All I am saying is that it would not be realistic for the USMC not to have air transport capabilities on such a large map.
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6929|Scotland!!!

B.Schuss wrote:

All I am saying is that it would not be realistic for the USMC not to have air transport capabilities on such a large map.
i agree to, like people have been compairing such a big map to the likes of somalia - black hawk down, they inserted by chopper

black hawks wud be good on that map, they cant do TO much to the ground forces like the attach choppers can, afew blackhawks wouldnt go wrong imo
someone25
+1|6901
ok - my point...

a little offtopic... but whatever the next patch will bring... i really hope that the pla and mec birds have more power...   

this is really a prob... of course maybe the coppers are realistic right now... for sure...
but i think in this game it should be the same chances for the teams, espacially by the powerfull choppers...

or do you think that mashtuur is a fair map?
Charmin
+1|6846
..not fair at all, MEC heli stinks, bbguns do squat. But the MEC's attack heli has a nice chiangun which in turn is more powerfull then the Cobra's 20mm minigun
someone25
+1|6901
ok - the mec attack chop is real crazy....

but i think its almost fair...  (Cobra vs. Mec chop)

but the mec transport helos weak mg ist just a joke... 
the angle in which the gun can be moved, the power, the firing rate, the firing time (till it gets hot), the really huge window (just an invitation for all snipers) ...

and of coures that the bird itself is like....     shit
armin
Believe me, BH would be tough on infantry cause of the miniguns. + then there would be a need to have stingers wich would take the action out of the infantry combat even more.

But; if we had SHOULDER MOUNTED STINGERS, than there would be something to it!
lord_tyler_486
+54|6905|Upper Franconia
A little bit of wide open fields and putting the USMC base more away from the others would be my suggestions, and don't forget to put lots of cars and stationary guns in it.

It's a nice Idea, but I think way too small for 256 players. Why don't you think 128 would be enough?
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6875|Indianapolis, IN
First of all what I have seen of EA is that they are not the most support friendly people.  More or less once they get your money they start thinking of a new game or way to make money. 

An off note:   Why cant people create straight roads?  It seems like roads in real life are straighter than the roads in game.  What about making a modern map such as New York, London, Paris, Beijing, etc.....

Interesting idea although if it isnt ranked then I dont see even 100 people playing it at a time.
jdrou
Wiki Contributor
+2|6837

lobo76 wrote:

is 120+ people battlation (spelling) size? need a cmdr to control the cmdrs?
Company size.  Battalion would be somewhere in the 400-800 range.  I think a maximum of 12-16 squads of 12 people each might be good enough and not too hard for the commander to coordinate.

Last edited by jdrou (2006-01-11 19:46:54)

Charmin
+1|6846

The_Mob_Returns wrote:

First of all what I have seen of EA is that they are not the most support friendly people.  More or less once they get your money they start thinking of a new game or way to make money. 

An off note:   Why cant people create straight roads?  It seems like roads in real life are straighter than the roads in game.  What about making a modern map such as New York, London, Paris, Beijing, etc.....

Interesting idea although if it isnt ranked then I dont see even 100 people playing it at a time.
yeah lets all run around times square or whore the big ben and not too forget camp the eifel tower and bitch whatever's in Beijing..................boring.
REDTEAM
Banned
+0|6875|Pleasanton,CA
I suggest go straight to 512 players
Or 1024 players
That would be cazy

and put in 20 planes and 100 tanks
sanitoeter_toetet
+0|6836|Baal near Aachen
psyscho power

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard