Poll

Which kit requires the most skill to use?

Assault4%4% - 12
Anti-Tank36%36% - 94
Medic3%3% - 9
Spec-ops8%8% - 21
Engineer20%20% - 53
Support1%1% - 4
Sniper24%24% - 64
Total: 257
obstacle02
+3|6554

Skorpy-chan wrote:

You're in light armour
not to be nit-picky, but AT actually has heavy armour. well, heavy as far as infantry classes go
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6390|uk

sniper

still can't do it ..........
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6604|England

Medic, support and AT are the easiest. AT is a lot easier than you all crack it up to be.

Sniper, Spec Ops and Engineer are the hardest to utilise effectively on the ground.

Assault too, but Ive always found it quite easy to use. Give me a G3 and im set.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6790|Toronto, ON
At.
Alpha as fuck.
Simon
basically
+838|6696|UK

Snake wrote:

Medic, support and AT are the easiest. AT is a lot easier than you all crack it up to be.

Sniper, Spec Ops and Engineer are the hardest to utilise effectively on the ground.

Assault too, but Ive always found it quite easy to use. Give me a G3 and im set.
Shooting people in the face with a shotgun is hard? Sniping people with the Specop guns is hard (>3 specop guns btw )?

And erm.. shooting people with a nade launcher then bunnyhopping and finishing them off with your Rifle (If your shite enough to miss with a NADE launcher) is hard? What game have you been playing, oh and G3=4 Bullets (In the chest) to kill a light armoured class ie Medic. Thats not hard either imo.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6662|Birmingham, UK
Anti-Tank or Engineer. Their primary weapons are pretty terrible and they HAVE to go in the fire of heavy vehicles to do their job.
How anyone can vote sniper is beyond me...
They cite the one-shot-kill...but doesn't that make it easier? And the claymores, dammit - CLAYMORES!
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6460|San Antonio, TX
I voted for Engy, but I lean towards Engy/AT/Spec Op.

Engy is tough because, as previoulsy stated, you have limited range with your weapons.  Granted the Jackhammer is nice in CQC, but sometimes it's a long run to the enemy.  To add to the difficulty is the dilemma of deciding when it's a good time to leave your squad to go repair the command assets.  It's a tough call because you know your guys in vehicles need you, but sometimes it's better for the team to have the arty and UAV available.  Plus, you set down a lot of mines that go untouched, it would be nice if you also had an RPG to help take out armor or to drive them towards the mines.

Spec Op... it's a long way to the enemy assets!  So you finally get to the base, run to the first asset, plant your C4, now it's time to move on to the next asset.  I don't like to detonate the C4 until I have at least two assets ready.  I am after all in the enemy base, and really don't want to give away my position.  And as Spec Op you are more likely to get kicked from a server for "base raping".  At least you get the SCAR, C4 and grenades!  But I'm not one to leave my C4 in a random spot and wait for someone to run along so I can get 1 K, I prefer to use mine on armor or assets.

AT is hard because it takes so many hits to destroy armor.  And the re-load time... GACK!!!  Like the engy the DAO is a wonderful weapon, in CQC, but a lot of my shots at armor are not in CQC areas, so you're pretty open to all other classes spotting your rocket trail and tracking it back to you.  The actual AT weapons are great though!  And for the people that complain about AT using the ERYX/SRAW against infantry... it's not like I have any grenades to use.  And if I have my AT weapon out and see you, I'm not going to give you an advantage by switching to another weapon.  But it's just warm,fuzzy feeling to kill a sniper with that RPG...
Skorpy-chan
+127|6383|Twyford, UK

obstacle02 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

You're in light armour
not to be nit-picky, but AT actually has heavy armour. well, heavy as far as infantry classes go
It does? I don't notice any difference in speed between medic and AT death.

Mind, I tend to mix it up with tanks and play chicken with FAVs, so I probably get one-shotted a bunch.
Simon
basically
+838|6696|UK

Skorpy-chan wrote:

obstacle02 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

You're in light armour

Mind, I tend to mix it up with tanks and play chicken with FAVs, so I probably get one-shotted a bunch.
It's not speed but the amount of sprint bar
lynxlyran
+15|6682
Hardest - AT

Easiest - Sniper

I can't believe all you ppl who think sniper is hard. It is by far the laziest kit there is. Sit off in a corner, smoke some dope, click your mouse when someone waks by your crosshairs. How easy is that?
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6689|The Netherlands
headshot snipering ... there is one thing i hate more than : claymores and g36e's and that is :
a noob sniper in karkand with a l96a1 ( good for SUPERDUPER distance .. but for close combat just noob ) that first shoot at your left little to and then finish you off with a full mag with their pistol ( they miss the rest ) arghhhhh.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6383|Twyford, UK

Simon wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

obstacle02 wrote:

Speed of death in a combat area.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6705

AT.

Engineer on foot, but on armor convoy, unstoppable.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6528|Gogledd Cymru

if a sniper is used properly e.g. just his rifle or pistol then sniper, else anti tank however were on about stock weapons not some dao-12 nubcake weapon
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6661|Camp XRay

egineer or at
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6776|The Hague, Netherlands

Engi or AT

talking about Infantry
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
ssonrats
+221|6683
How is it anti tank? All you do is point your fucking rocket at a huge metal object mainly, what's the biggie.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6776|The Hague, Netherlands

ssonrats wrote:

How is it anti tank? All you do is point your fucking rocket at a huge metal object mainly, what's the biggie.
thats 1 part of the story, same if I would say :

all you do as sniper is spam Claymores everywhere.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Simon
basically
+838|6696|UK

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Simon wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6427|USA, MICHIGAN
engineer or support.  i have my expert badges with the other kits, but i've always stayed away from the support and engineer, because i suck ass with the weapons in those 2 kits.  i cant hit dick with the support gun, maybe because i'm not used to it, yet.  and the engineer well at long range a shotty is no match for a rifle.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6694|The View From The Afternoon

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

thats 1 part of the story, same if I would say :

all you do as sniper is spam Claymores everywhere.
That would be just a few "snipers". Me myself, I tatcically place the mines for personal defence only.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6831
Assault: You go gung-ho into battle and don't care about what'e happening behind you.  If it's behind you, it's probably shooting away from you.
Anti-tank: Realisticly these should be looking for armour.  If the Commander and Sniper are doing their jobs properly, you should know where the armour is, where it's looking and should be able to act accordingly.  You've got a big-ass area to aim at, so little skill is needed.  Anti-personnel is not your task.  Remember that.
Sniper: Spot stuff and don't get spotted.  Especially armor.  Spot it and save your squaddies' lives.  Kill a few peeps if you can.
Medics: Run behind the assault troops and revive them when they die.  That's all you do.
Spec ops: Get behind enemy lines unobserved, take the flags that are unguarded, blow up enemy commander's assets (thus alerting the enemy to your presence).  Even the first task takes skill.  If you can do that effectively, that's real skill (or really crap oppo's)
Support: Lay down suppressing fire.  Drop ammo packs for other people, in safe areas.
Commander: Sadly, not an option.  A good commander is key to winning.  A good commander tells you where to go and (if time allows) why.  Follow a good commander and you're a winner.
Engineer: Drive armour and, when necessary, repair it.  No skill req'd.

No surprise my top kit was engy.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6388|Iowa...
if you don't count the use of gaymores then sniper is the toughest kit.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6383|Twyford, UK

Simon wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Simon wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about
Speed of death = how long it takes you to die when someone starts shooting at you with that infernal co-ax machinegun, or splash-damaging you with main gun shells.
shiner980
+1|6301
Anti-Tank is the hardest kit, because of the fact that it takes some skill to use the at weapon and not die before getting your second of third shot off (seriously, no good tank pilot is going to let you live to kill him before killing you once). In addition to that, the standard PDW (MP5, Type 85, etc.) is just bad (though I like the MP5). The DAO-12 and P-90 alleviates the issue, but still the main role it fulfills makes it very difficult

Medic and Assault...I don't get how it is a hard one to use, cause seriously, their assault rifle absolutely destroy all other kinds of infantry, though actually doing your job as a medic without helping the enemy point whore is difficult. (I still hate the G36E rifle, its like a laser in accuracy)

Engineer
Hey, the job isn't the most fun, but certainly a tide changer in a vehicle map, and the shotgun is actually quite powerful... its not too hard, just unsavory

Support
Now assuming that we aren't talking about those grenade spamming Karkand players, support is still not very difficult unless you're stuck as the US without any of the upgrades. The LMGs that you get is very good, and the MG36 is my preferred weapon of choice.

Spec Ops
This kit is not very difficult to use at all, unless you actually are trying to get to destroy strategic objectives in a well defended base, which is different. The carbine is quite accurate, and the c4 is a thing to behold for tanks. Still the role it supplements is important.

Sniper
Now assuming we're not talking about non claymore spamming, the sniper takes some skill to use, though I don't think it fulfills a real purpose, other than racking up kill counts and taking out sore targets such as AT infantry, and other snipers. The rifle being used also helps. It is very easy for me to get headshots with rifles such as the M24, or L96A1 (I am guilty of using the L96A1 as my preferred choice of sniper rifle). Though it takes practice, sniping can become a really cheap and easy way to get points. Is it hard to master, yeah if you don't gaymore spam, but after mastering, it becomes one of the easiest things, and aggravates people to no end.

Last edited by shiner980 (2007-03-05 17:03:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard