Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6593|USA
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6655|USA
"Creationists can cite material showing that there is no real fossil evidence for the macroevolutionary position and that the fossil record supports creationism:"

*edit* forgot to add in the Laugh...

wait for it

here it comes

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Last edited by Naughty_Om (2007-03-04 12:53:27)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6593|USA
read the wikipedia biases page.
here
herrr_smity
+156|6650|space command ur anus

Ender2309 wrote:

here
wikipedia gets slammed by conservapedia, in true conservative style
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6552|Global Command

herrr_smity wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

here
Oh jeez these guys are serious.

By the way smitty, that link under your sigdog doesn't work.
click and ye shall find the truth about that.
herrr_smity
+156|6650|space command ur anus

ATG wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

here
Oh jeez these guys are serious.

By the way smitty, that link under your sigdog doesn't work.
click and ye shall find the truth about that.
oo nooo
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6641|InGerLand
http://www.conservapedia.com/Examples_o … _Wikipedia
number 15 is
Wikipedia claims about 1.5 million articles, but what it does not say is that a large number of those articles have zero educational value. For example, Wikipedia has 1075 separate articles about "Moby" and "song".[14] Many hundreds of thousands of Wikipedia articles -- perhaps over half its website -- are about music, Hollywood, and other topics beneath a regular encyclopedia. This reflects a bias towards popular gossip rather than helpful or enlightening information.
now WIKI stands for What I Know Is
and i thought the point of the website was to gather information on everything
now there might be a loophole in the english language i don't know about but i believe popular culture, or gossip as the site puts it, comes under the term everything.
gg conservapedia...
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6668|Annapolis, MD
I found it funny when I clicked the random page link and it took me to the main page
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6641|InGerLand
well it is random you have to give it that
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6669|Peoria
...Man, at first I totally thought this was a joke...
Commie Killer
+192|6409
Yeah same, wow. Just wow.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6491
Is this a joke? Because it just seems so ludacris, it is retarded.
Belx
+4|6700|New York, New York
How can you complain about a bias on a site anyone can edit?

Just fucking edit it yourself.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6488|Melbourne - Home of Football
#  Polls show that about twice as many Americans identify themselves as "conservative" compared with "liberal", and that ratio has been increasing for two decades.[1] But on Wikipedia, about three times as many editors identify themselves as "liberal" compared with "conservative".[2] That suggests Wikipedia is six times more liberal than the American public.
I love how Amero-centric it is, as if the proportion of Americans who are liberal or conservative has anything to do with how biased towards either a web encyclopedia is. Note once again, Americans and their ratios do not control the world, or the internet.

Last edited by <BoTM>J_Aero (2007-03-04 16:55:33)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6641|InGerLand

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

#  Polls show that about twice as many Americans identify themselves as "conservative" compared with "liberal", and that ratio has been increasing for two decades.[1] But on Wikipedia, about three times as many editors identify themselves as "liberal" compared with "conservative".[2] That suggests Wikipedia is six times more liberal than the American public.
I love how Amero-centric it is, as if the proportion of Americans who are liberal or conservative has anything to do with how biased towards either a web encyclopedia is. Note once again, Americans and their ratios do not control the world, or the internet.
true true
but careful the real hardcore america lovers (who cannot read very well) will be lighting their torches
Commie Killer
+192|6409

sfarrar33 wrote:

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

true true
but careful the real hardcore america lovers (who cannot read very well) will be lighting their torches
Are you guys trying to turn this into a flame war? Just shut up, you're being rather immature.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6669|Peoria
Yknow, if you spam the random page button, you realize this site is a grade school kid project farce of a website

serious, here is the text of the "Muslim" page

"Those who believe in Islam."
thats fucking IT!
thanks_champ
+19|6545
The Iraq page is great.
"A Middle-Eastern country, invaded in 2003 and currently occupied by a U.S.-led coalition."
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6593|USA
baseless logic! (CE or AD?!?!?!?)

good god somebody please stab my eyes out with a fucking fork....and i'm conservative too!
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6744|Sydney, Australia
SMH.com, the Sydney Morning Herald's website, cited conservapedia as a website set up for helping the education of home-schooled children.

Another of the reasons was "the use of 'english' spelling as opposed to 'US' spelling in a lot of the articles".

Lol...
BVC
+325|6718
Encyclopedia Dramatica is good for a few NSFW laughs.
Janysc
+59|6706|Norway
Piss. Piss piss piss.

That site is ridden with Christian and American bias.

Uncyclopedia has a good entry on it
falafel
+5|6353
from wikipedia's article about conservapedia
"[conservapedia claims that] gravity and evolution are theories that remain unproven."

lol no gravity ;D
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6641|InGerLand

Commie Killer wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

true true
Are you guys trying to turn this into a flame war? Just shut up, you're being rather immature.
lol just making satire out of stereotypes
though i can't speak for <BoTM>J_Aero
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6794|PNW

I take stuff like this about as seriously as the Westboro Baptist Church. And tagging an entire political group by what one website has to say is enormously stupid.

Wikipedia allows the use of B.C.E. instead of B.C. and C.E. instead of A.D. The dates are based on the birth of Jesus, so why pretend otherwise? Conservapedia is Christian-friendly and exposes the CE deception.
I agree that 'Before Christ' sounds cooler than 'Before Common Era.' Is there a comic called 'B.C.E.'? A movie called '1 Million Years B.C.E.'? I think not. I also agree that Wikipedia does have its problems, and that there are people who lurk there who have nothing better to do than engage in constant edit wars...but is Wikipedia really that much of a universal information compendium to get upset about? Why worry about it? Buy your own personal media if you don't like it.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-03-05 08:57:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard