sneakysegan11
+13|6562|York, PA
Hello guys, the other day I got a trojan virus. My norton subscription ran out and a day later i got this nasty trojan. It has a very annoying system tray button that blinks and pops up a message like every min. I already went out and bought a new virus protection and ran a scan but it found nothing. Does anybody know what to do? I also tried to go into the program files and delete it but it keeps coming back like 5 seconds later! Thanks alot!
sithao
+63|6644|Los Angeles, California
What new AV did you buy?, I hope you bought NOD32 or Kaspersky.
sneakysegan11
+13|6562|York, PA
Windows live-one care
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6740|Oregon
reformat.
sneakysegan11
+13|6562|York, PA
What about doing a system restore?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6663|Camoran's Paradise
Get a better virus scanner.  Or find some Greeks.  They can kill Trojans.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-03-04 17:19:18)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6769|Chicago.
System restore can be a pain, I'd go download something free like AVG and see if you can remove it.

What virus ID is it? I may be able to help you out.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6575|Brisbane, Aus

re-format, download AVG free anti virus.

edit: dang big mac beat me to it

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-03-04 17:21:38)

The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6660|Deep In The South Of Texas
AVG or Avast! are good, and free to boot.
DaBombadier
+8|6425|Sooooo coooold....Canada....

Ganko_06 wrote:

lol +1 for that
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6384|California
AVG or Panda
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6717|U.S
Live one care should have found it I like it Get everything you can get that is free from www.downloads.com
Master*
Banned
+416|6513|United States

Ganko_06 wrote:

or spartans for that matter

Last edited by Masterstyle (2007-03-04 17:30:24)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6663
yeah get AVG, Panda, or AVASt is very good 2 all free
CrazeD
+368|6691|Maine

Masterstyle wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

or spartans for that matter

Ok so that's going to be about the coolest movie ever made.

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6674|The View From The Afternoon
n00b
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6615|Seattle

Always run your virus scans in safe mode and turn off system restore.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6466

Norton 2007 rocks, don't listen to ppl who say it takes alot of resources, at least it does its job, AVG doesn't detect shit tbh!. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 6 and its good as well!
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6670

rabee2789b wrote:

Norton 2007 rocks, don't listen to ppl who say it takes alot of resources, at least it does its job, AVG doesn't detect shit tbh!. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 6 and its good as well!
Are you "special"?

Seriously, Norton hasn't been good since about 1995. Infact, the only good Norton stuff was when they had norton utils for dos.

As to the virus;

Install AVG, if that doesn't detect your virus then run hijackthis and post its log here. I'll tell you what needs removing. If it's a nasty rootkit trojan that can hide itself then you'll need to setup a bartpe cd and run hijackthis from that instead.

If that's too technical for you, bleh... reformat.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6638|Mhz

Why on earth do people insist on recommending AVG? the free version is a waste of download time and the pay for version isn't a lot better...

If you want free get Avast, it's not perfect but it's a shit load better than AVG will ever be.

As for buying one Nod32, and Kaspersky are the current best, go buy one or the other, run windows in safe mode and run a full scan.

BTW can we see this pop up?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6585|NYC / Hamburg

download nod32 (it has a functional demo) and run that. also you can get nod32 quiet easily for free [thinks aloud]torrent[/thinks aloud].
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6667|Norway

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Why on earth do people insist on recommending AVG? the free version is a waste of download time and the pay for version isn't a lot better...

If you want free get Avast, it's not perfect but it's a shit load better than AVG will ever be.

As for buying one Nod32, and Kaspersky are the current best, go buy one or the other, run windows in safe mode and run a full scan.

BTW can we see this pop up?
QFT
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6638|Mhz

max wrote:

download nod32 (it has a functional demo) and run that. also you can get nod32 quiet easily for free [thinks aloud]torrent[/thinks aloud].
Do the updates work on a dodgy copy?
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6616|Cheshire. UK
Sounds more like spyware...

Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spybot - http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

Run one after the other...they will sort the little bugger out...
They are both free and will protect against other spyware infections to...use in conjuction with your AV software of choice
Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine
dl NOD32 , it owns

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard