Poll

Which kit requires the most skill to use?

Assault4%4% - 12
Anti-Tank36%36% - 94
Medic3%3% - 9
Spec-ops8%8% - 21
Engineer20%20% - 53
Support1%1% - 4
Sniper24%24% - 64
Total: 257
dont_be_ss
+312|6631|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
I go for the sniper kit in this one. I think medic and support require almost no skill.

Please respect eachothers opinions.
The_Jester
+52|6529|Italy
If used properly, Anti-Tank.
Master*
Banned
+416|6532|United States
24/7 Karkland FF off Infantry only medic whoring seems the hardest to me.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6334|Bloomington Indiana
i think im gonna go with early engineer...like when you only have a shotgun...you lack distance and sufficient fire power to go one on one with anyone with a machine gun at medium to long ranges.
but when used effectively you'll rock
obstacle02
+3|6554
i'd probably get kicked out of WOoKie for voting other than sniper...
for real, though, it does take skill to be really good at it.
CloakedStarship
+76|6603
By far the deadliest kit in the right hands is Anti Tank.  I'd say that the SRAW is a better sniper than any sniper kit can provide

In any case, takes a good amount of skill to use, puts the atom bomb to shame.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6746|England. Stoke

The_Jester wrote:

^^ Yeah as in not using the Eryx/SRAW to kill infantry...

Last edited by coke (2007-03-04 16:41:06)

ssonrats
+221|6683
Sniper. 1 shot kills, especially running headshots, that's skill.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6692

Engineer is an extremely useful and helpful kit when used properly. Granted you won't get a lot of kills, but you can definitely turn the tide of a game with tank traps and repairing your team's vehicles and assets.
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6517|Kentucky
Sniper.  It takes skill to use it seriously without having to claymore-spam. 300m+ shots take skill

Last edited by $eXXXyCabbage (2007-03-04 16:48:54)

11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6496|behind my rifle
yeah anti talk is challenging, mp5, p90, and the type 85 or something like that are the hardest to learn to use.
Longbow
+163|6684|Odessa, Ukraine
every kit require skill ; IMO sniper here , but specops is very close .
pebblebash
Banned
+9|6315
This thread may as well be a "your favourite kit" thread, because people will mostly be choosing their favourite kit, not the one they think honestly requires the most skill.

Sniper definitely doesn't require the most skill.

And it all depends on the way in which you choose to play with the kit, for example support kit doesn't take skill if you're spamming nades. But if you play in a tactical fashion, in the best way possible for your team to win, it takes skill. Same with any kit.

Edit - Oh yeah, the vote. My vote goes for Anti-Tank / Spec Ops because they are two of the most important kits in battlefield 2, purely because of their ability to destroy armour, and you need to know what you're doing to get a lot of kills with these kits.

Last edited by pebblebash (2007-03-04 17:00:21)

seb--morin
Im high
+152|6677|Montréal, Québec
I would say engenir because HOW u can make teamwork points? The only time i use it is when im in the tank and i never play tank. Reapair points are soooo looong to make ! woow i will never get get expert rapair for shure \!
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6622|Hamburg / Germany
my vote goes for anti tank. if you are facing enemy amor you have a hard life that won't change if you are facing
infantry. no grenades and no rifle. dayam.
mp5 and p90 and dao are only nice at close range combats.
obstacle02
+3|6554

pebblebash wrote:

My vote goes for Anti-Tank / Spec Ops because...you need to know what you're doing to get a lot of kills with these kits.
i do agree with you there
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6668|Washington, DC

I'd say anti-tank. It's got shitty primary weapons (the SMG's pretty much suck at long range, though the P90 is nice. DAO-12 sucks at long range too), and the AT rocket isn't too great either. It's hard enough to be an effective AT (meaning taking out vehicles, mainly armor). It's harder to do so while maintaining a good score and KDR.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6373|Oregon
anti tank or spec ops.

Claymores ruined it for snipers... Medic, Support and Assault all have ridiculously powerful guns, engineer... well, shotguns are kinda cool... but... i don't really know what to say...

But in the end, I voted spec ops because if you play it right (and in a squad), you have the toughest job and have to exercise the most patience.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6594|Brisbane, Aus

I'd say engineer would require the most skill. Knowing where to strategicly place mines not only to blow up vehicles but to force the enemy to go another way (where your team's armor is waiting). There's a lot of potential teamwork to be had with engineer that most people overlook.

besides who doesn't love the M11-87?
David.P
Banned
+649|6311
I have to take a null vote on this one. Since it depends mostly what map it is, But in general i have to say medic since i find it very hard to heal someone while having bullets fly over your head, Or running into the middle of a fire fight to revive someone.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6575|Chicago
AT or Sniper, depending. Anti-Tank can be really challenging, but if you get a skillful player who can hit planes and moving choppers with the SRAW, then it's awesome. Sniper can be challenging, especially in urban maps, but if you get a good team going with like a medic acting as a spotter and a sniper, you can definetly turn the tide of any fight.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6719

coke wrote:

The_Jester wrote:

^^ Yeah as in not using the Eryx/SRAW to kill infantry...
even if you are you have very limited ammo.

But I agree, Anti Tank takes the most skill to use. Your job of taking on armor primary and if need be use one of your rockets to kill infantry is important. An AT rocket death = no revive, most of the time. But having so few rockets and medium to short range weapons, you have to utilize what you've got.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6788|Chicago.
From my experience, the two toughest (which would mean that they require the most skill to play) would be Anti-Tank, followed closely by Sniper.

Anti-Tank is perhaps the most difficult because of the limited offensive capability versus infantry at distances greater than 25 meters. Once outside that distance, the enemy (any class you like, minus Anti-Tank) has a damage advantage that you cannot beat. In certain instances, however, this kit can be loads of fun.

And sniper. Difficulty comes with the territory. Scoped, long ranged, timed shots are what counts here. It's not spray and pray at close range, nor at long range. It takes an intellect very advanced to snipe proficiently. If you don't you'll end up being sprayed all over the walls with the bullets of a G36. Period.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6382|Twyford, UK
AT.

Assault just requires good aim and a steady nerve.

Sniper is mostly hiding, camping, and capping.

Engineer can be performed with an FAV in an armoured column.

Medic is assault with extra duties.

Support takes skill and nerve, but not too much.

Spec ops is almost skill-less; walk into base, blow up assets and maybe commander himself, drive off.

AT is the most skilled class of the lot. Takes the hiding and patience of sniper, better aim than Assault, and the speed of Spec Ops. You're in light armour, armed with a shotgun or SMG and your rocket tube, and your job is to take on tanks.
To be properly effective, you need the support of a squad. Support for ammo and to keep infantry away, medic to revive you and heal you, and another rocketer to stop the tank finding you and slaughtering the squad.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6722|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
SNIPing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard