rmilhous
+32|6528|Augusta, Georgia
Hey guys,

Quick question here (asking after looking in forums, so thanks).

Why is it that Operation Road Rage for Armored Fury, on the 64 player map, with infantry enabled,  there are no attack helicopters? I have yet to see any thing but the Little Bird on a 64 player. Any answers from you would be insightful.

Thanks

MILHOUS
APortillo
+21|6513|California, USA
There are no attack helicopters on any Armored Fury map.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
Why?

Uh, I don't really think anyone here can answer that question unless they made the map for DICE.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

Operation road rage has 2 little birds, no attack choppers on either side.

On that Harvest map there's attack choppers.
rmilhous

APortillo wrote:

There is on Midnight Sun and on Operation Harvest. (ie- the AH1Z Cobra etc..)
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6489|Gogledd Cymru

there be attack choppers on midnight sun and on operation harvest 64 man, yarr

edit: spwellings

Last edited by surgeon_bond (2007-03-02 20:11:31)

APortillo
+21|6513|California, USA

rmilhous wrote:

APortillo wrote:

There is on Midnight Sun and on Operation Harvest. (ie- the AH1Z Cobra etc..)
Dang, you got me there.
rmilhous
My only reasoning to this is simple:

I am guessing that EA may have planned on initially placing them on there. However, with the fear of being bombarded with noob complaints they left them off.

Why you ask? Because on this map, compared to the others, it is flat with a long view. With an experienced gunner- a pilot would have to just rise up above the horizon a little bit in order for the gunner to send a missle clear across the map. This could be used any time there was opposition (tanks, AA's) at other locations on the map. All of this done without leaving the comfort of the home base. That would be "unfair" to those who cannot jump in an AA vehicle to defend themselves upon attack. This is just a guess and the only basis for this assumption is what I have seen them do to make the game "fair" in the past.

Argue with me or against me on this- but, that was the case with a similar element before. Remember, there used to be 16 missles on the helicopters as later it was reduced to 8 rounds. All in efforts to make it "fair" for inexperienced players that are on the ground during game play.

Just my perspective, feel free to add your two cents......

rmilhous
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

rmilhous wrote:

Argue with me or against me on this- but, that was the case with a similar element before. Remember, there used to be 16 missles on the helicopters as later it was reduced to 8 rounds. All in efforts to make it "fair" for inexperienced players that are on the ground during game play.
actually it was 14 shots, but i get your point
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
On the 32 player version of Road Rage you'll get two Littlebirds and only one A10, plus an additional tank & AA at the middle spawnpoint.
Otherwise the map layout is the same.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

rmilhous wrote:

My only reasoning to this is simple:

I am guessing that EA may have planned on initially placing them on there. However, with the fear of being bombarded with noob complaints they left them off.

Why you ask? Because on this map, compared to the others, it is flat with a long view. With an experienced gunner- a pilot would have to just rise up above the horizon a little bit in order for the gunner to send a missle clear across the map. This could be used any time there was opposition (tanks, AA's) at other locations on the map. All of this done without leaving the comfort of the home base. That would be "unfair" to those who cannot jump in an AA vehicle to defend themselves upon attack. This is just a guess and the only basis for this assumption is what I have seen them do to make the game "fair" in the past.

Just my perspective, feel free to add your two cents......

rmilhous
that would make sense, but because the range on the TV missiles is relatively short i dont really see a problem with attack choppers on road rage
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

The map deserves attack helicopters. Mobile AA has it easy as it is in AF. And Midnight sun has 3 helis pads for who knows why. It should have another attack heli for each side 64 player
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.

=ST6=Phrozenbot wrote:

It should have another attack heli for each side 64 player
Just thinking about it gives me a boner.
rmilhous

cablecopulate wrote:

=ST6=Phrozenbot wrote:

LOL

rmilhous
Brasso
+1,549|6630

APortillo wrote:

Wrong, they have attack helos on Operation Harvest.  And I think Midnight Sun does too.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-03-04 08:18:10)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

haffeysucks wrote:

APortillo wrote:

Wrong, they have attack helos on Operation Harvest.  And I think Midnight Sun does too.
Correct. Check the bf2s wiki
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

cablecopulate wrote:

=ST6=Phrozenbot wrote:

And MEC should get a Mig to even things out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard