Poll

Assault or Engineer?

Assault72%72% - 36
Engineer28%28% - 14
Total: 50
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
I don't know what class to do next. I'm nearing my end as Support for Expert, and I've already got Recon Gold. So which should I choose? Here is why I am leaning towards both kits:

Assault: I have all unlocks except for AMH, Smoke Grenade and Voss - but I hate the Voss.
Expert Assault and Expert Heal (I'm a point whore)
Reviver will earn me a few points and pins
Titan assault / defend means lots of healing points

Engineer: I have all unlocks except for SAAW 86
I play Titan more than Conquest, and Titan has way more vehicles
Expert Engineer and Expert Repair (I'm a point whore)

Thoughts? I have around 20 hours in each class.
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6722|England
With assault all you need to get you through are the pk rockets i love them.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6544|Sverige (SWE)
Assault on Conquest mode and Engineer on Titan mode.......
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
Engi for titan, eg what you play 24/7, and kyle, you know how much i love those SMG's
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
I think I'll give them both a try, but ted, you have pwnerized me several hundred times with SMGs.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6409|Espoo, Finland

leetkyle wrote:

Titan has way more vehicles
Yes, if you play conquest only in city maps.
Try Verdun, Suez, Shuhia and Minsk in conquest mode.

znozer wrote:

Basically, this is what I'd do.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6722|Eastern PA
It depends on which you think is MOAR FUNNAR!

Personally I dig assault, and thus have played more as assault (not to mention that I waited until I could unlock the Pilium to really get into the engineer class). I rarely play in a vehicle and spend more time hunting them instead so the engineer class is limited in that aspect. I like to point whore so assault on a decent conquest/titan round can net a good 250 points when counting squad assists/success points and rescue pins.

Basically that's a long winded version of this:

znozer wrote:

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
I don't know, if you are playing titan alot more go for engi and then tank whore for the next thirty hours (you do need your armor badge too after all).

No matter which one you do get the advanced medic hub next, it is very useful.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
I do have a unlock credit so might use it on the AMH. For now though, I think I might just go with Engineer and ground hunt for most of the round. I love the SMGs and fatherted has indeed killed me SO many times with them.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6388|New York
engineer.

i usually dominate with that class more than any other kind on the titan maps.
and the smg's have some stopping power.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
Voted Assault because the defib is an absolute necessity.  I'm not sure why you hate the Voss because in close quarters only the Lambert beats it.   But if you're set on not having the Voss, then just pick up the defib and immediately start going for the Pilum . . . it is simply awesome.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden

Stingray24 wrote:

I'm not sure why you hate the Voss because in close quarters only the Lambert beats it..
Krylov > everything close ( Clark only threat )
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Try Engy next
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

In titan, I would say engi on the ground and assault in the titan itself - simply because assault in the titan is a point farm, with rockets, heals revives etc and on the ground assault is not as good as engineer
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6669
I think engineer works well on Titan on the ground because people are on the lookout more for buggies/tanks/apcs... so they don't spot infantry as fast. Which allows the SMG to be brought into a close enough range to get the kill, whereas on Conquest maps, in close-quarters fighting, you constantly expect infantry to be round the next corner...

Which might be because they almost always are, in my experience, heh.

Anyway, I hate assault in this game - I can't quite seem to get the hang of the assualt rifles and I'm not really sure why.
Megalomatthew
+6|6410
I'd go for assault...I find you can be far more useful to your team as a medic and there is alot of points involved.  As assualt I'm in the top three (mostly gold) each round more often than not.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6827|Australia

Megalomatthew wrote:

I'd go for assault...I find you can be far more useful to your team as a medic and there is alot of points involved.  As assualt I'm in the top three (mostly gold) each round more often than not.
Yeah but he seems like he is after some skill so doesnt want to unlock the voss.

Scar11 pwns the voss anyway. Pity so many dont know how to use it very well.
Megalomatthew
+6|6410

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Megalomatthew wrote:

Yeah but he seems like he is after some skill so doesnt want to unlock the voss.

Scar11 pwns the voss anyway. Pity so many dont know how to use it very well.
To each his own.  I prefer the larger clip on the voss over the power of the scar11, but usually only on the titan.  Outside I tend to stick to the default ARs or Baur.

...completely off topic, but have you heard the new Combichrist album yet?  It's "funtastic!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard