JohnVerv
+0|6283
Hey guys

1) Is it possible to use my unlocks when playing on LAN? (Obviously since I use seperate online/offline profiles, this is a problem); Just got my first unlock, but havent selected a weapon yet; wondering if I should get a new sniper rifle (for capping my mates on LAN), or using the unlock to aid my online play (dont get to play too often tho)

2) Since some of my mates dont have broadband, we usually play BF2 on LAN only; Used to have the patch which allowed the boosters to be played on LAN, but since v1.41, I ant find an updated patch; any suggestions?

Oh, and YES, we have purchased the game, and I have personally also purchased 2142 and all the boosters, so I aint no freeloader!

Thanks for any help / suggestion
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6606|Seattle

This topic has been previously discussed. I searched for "LAN Unlocks" and came up with this: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64734 There are also other threads which may help you.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
oChaos.Haze
+90|6447
Ffolkes.  Search it, live it, love it.
JohnVerv
+0|6283
Sorry, maybe I shouldve explained better;
Venue where we play our LAN doesnt have any connectivity, so I cant log on to my online account and then play on the LAN; I have to use an offline account;

As for the searches, I did try searching (surprisingly enough) before posting, but it seems theres no solution if you run the latest patches;

So, in summary:

1) If you wanna use unlocks in LAN, you have to run vanilla BF2, unpatched, and mod he files to allow this
2) No way to play Booster packs on LAN anymore
3) This sucks ass, cause now we cant use the cool EF and AF maps
FFOLKES
+39|6771
Not exactly correct.  You can rename the EF/AF map files to play them offline

Look here:

http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetba … topic=2998
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6379|Pittsburgh, PA USA
^^^ Listen to whatever he says about this stuff...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard