DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

UPDATED! EVENT ON SATURDAY MARCH 17TH, 15:00 GMT!

Dear bf2s.commies, DonFck here.

You might know me from threads such as "LOL" - A short, non-comprehensive analysis of the term on the forums" and "Been Caught Stealing".

I was on the phone with Ubersturmbannfuhrer just moments ago, discussing a chopper match which occurred yesterday against two of our friends who claim to be "13373r" than us. They claimed this while drunk in a bar a few months ago (yes, it's sad, I know), they won't be doing it anymore.

OK, on topic now. We thought of all the AH1Z "I iZ t3h 1337 ch0pp4 p|L0tZ" challenges that there have been and suddenly the following idea popped into our heads:

12 participants (2 full Black Hawks)Black hawk vs. Black hawk (No flying cows (MEC) or bumblebees (PLA), but BH:s)Full crew (1 full squad)Free kit selectionMap: Oman, 5 rounds (best out of 3). The MEC pilot takes a MIG and gets the other BH without being fired uponSquad leaders pilot the choppersSquad respawn into the chopper allowedHopping out of the chopper + suiciding allowed in order to take out the enemy, allowed!Strictly no rammingBattle Recorder on <--- Still working on that one.. VoIP on

Server: Furious Finns Ranked, 16 slots
Server IP: 195.12.56.187:16567

Login 15 minutes before the event starts
The participants will receive a password to the server PM:d to them a few days before the event.

Teams will be chosen by Uber and myself. We will do our best to keep it balanced. Unfortunately the only way we can do this is by looking at stats. We will look at accuracy, driver points (for choosing the pilot), KDR and rank.

IMPORTANT UPDATE! TEAMS AND PLAYERS POSITIONS IN THE CHOPPER HAVE BEEN SELECTED!

Right, now that I have your attention, I will announce the teams and the team members (fixed) position in the chopper.

Behold, the Black Hawk!
https://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4224/blackiegx1.jpg

TEAM 1 (USMC) - Tag: [1st]

Pilot:               Private_Adam
Gunner Left:     -=raska=-
Gunner Right:     Heavy_Guns_91
Passenger L:     [AZEG]PhxBravo
Passenger R:    chaosdragon001
Passenger R2:    swe:D

TEAM 2 (MEC) - Tag: [2nd]

Pilot:             ']['error
Gunner Left:     DonFck (in game: Sturmpanzerjager)
Gunner Right:     Ubersturmbannfuhrer
Passenger L:     ..teddy..jimmy
Passenger R:    Entertayner
Passenger R2:    klassekock

Reserve spots: (Please join the server, in case you are needed at the last minute)
13. [CANADA]_Zenmaster
14. colt.45
15. fightingw/outfightng.
16. Zeppo Johnson

REMEMBER TO USE YOUR TAGS IN THE EVENT!

Password information along with the team information will be PM:d to the participants, as well as reserves.

I'm hoping for the reserves to jump onto the server also. In case someone can't make it, they can easily replace the missing person.

We're still working on getting Battlerecorder fully functional. If we fail and we don't get a BR file.. ..well that doesn't stop us from having fun, now does it?

-Don-
I need around tree fiddy.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
c4 to the chopper all jump out BOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!

https://www.justholler.com/pages/holler/cloud1.jpg
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6450|Trondheim, Norway
Awesome, but in the very nearest future I can't play, but maybe I can get the computer working in a week or so
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

Awesome, but in the very nearest future I can't play, but maybe I can get the computer working in a week or so
o, and sign me up donnie
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

c4 to the chopper all jump out BOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!

http://www.justholler.com/pages/holler/cloud1.jpg
i.e c4 chopper
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

o, and sign me up donnie
We need organizers.

I'm too swamped at work to start orchestrating this..
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620

DonFck wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

o, and sign me up donnie
We need organizers.

You want me to help out m8..
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6776|The planet Tophet
sounds fun

can i use the giant in my sig?

Last edited by *TS*tphai (2007-03-02 03:26:46)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

DonFck wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

o, and sign me up donnie
We need organizers.

Your enthusiasm is noted, and taken into consideration. 
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620

DonFck wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

DonFck wrote:

We need organizers.

yessir!! what map you thinking of?
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6504|Cardiff
i always like the kit permutations on transport choppers...u gotta get a couple of engies in there, a medic and a support on the guns..maybe if ur feeling audatious even an awp whore sniper for amusing pilot killing antics.  i cba to sign up for it or organise it since im lazy and cant hear mics.  i'd like to see the vid of the ensuing chaos tho
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

DonFck wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Any map with 2 black hawks that are easily accessible to both teams. A non USMC pilot can fetch the other blackie and later on fill it with crew, then.. ..then they fight. Best out of 3?

Battle Recorder is a must!
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6450|Trondheim, Norway

[THE] comben wrote:

i always like the kit permutations on transport choppers...u gotta get a couple of engies in there, a medic and a support on the guns..maybe if ur feeling audatious even an awp whore sniper for amusing pilot killing antics.  i cba to sign up for it or organise it since im lazy and cant hear mics.  i'd like to see the vid of the ensuing chaos tho
u gotta have at least one frkin AT, their rockets it's the best weapon..
Trel
+70|6647
Cool idea. Now, would people shot out of the chopper be allowed to re-spawn inside of it?
Good to be back.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620

DonFck wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Any map with 2 black hawks that are easily accessible to both teams. A non USMC pilot can fetch the other blackie and later on fill it with crew, then.. ..then they fight. Best out of 3?

Battle Recorder is a must!
yes, best out of 3, some warm up rounds
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6336
Hmm...there could be many approaches to this. (Some go engy to repair, some use rockets.) Some could c4 and crash it...hmm.

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2007-03-02 03:38:49)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Trel wrote:

Cool idea. Now, would people shot out of the chopper be allowed to re-spawn inside of it?
Of course. I'll allow it!

If the squad leader dies.. ..then it is poo-poo for the team

New rule: The squad leader must be the pilot.

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Hmm...there could be many approaches to this. (Some go engy to repair, some use rockets.) Some could c4 and crash it...hmm.
Ah, but that's the forbidden thing.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
Don if you need help just PM me or x fire me, im heading off now..
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

DonFck wrote:

New rule: The squad leader must be the pilot.
What if the squad leader gets m95d?

Could another squad member take over the flying and then carry on, while squad leader waits for the next round?
MrE`158
+103|6594
Anyone who can fire their hand-weapon out the chopper should be AT for this.  The men on the miniguns should be support (can they still reload passengers then?) and then the pilot as medic, I guess...

I wouldn't worry too much about the M95 in particular, hitting a pilot in a moving chopper from another chopper is a bit of a tough one, even for the best snipers.  Having said that, and AT rocket to the front windscreen could kill him, and I think that the side windows are open.  If a pilot gets killed, someone else ought to take over, and when the original SL respawns, he just leaves the squad, rejoins and then suicides.

Sounds like fun, anyway.  Let us know how this works out
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
Have every one who can use their weapon go assault. A GL which manages to get inside kills all the crew bar the pilot I think.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6498|Belgium

I wonder if you can get killed by the other chopper if you have 3 engi's repairing in the back, but besides from that, good idea!
im_in_heaven
+27|6558
im in let me know
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
That would be awesome i wish i could join.
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6441|NY
Im in for sure.

How high were you while thiking about this event Don, lmao

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard