B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

well, as this issue has been touched in most of the other topics here, I thought it would be nice to have a seperate discussion on it.

So, what's your stance. What will be the next potential conflicts that the west ( or the USA ) is going to be faced with ? The issue around nuclear enrichment capabilities in Iran ? North Corea's stance on the World Food Program ? China's issue with Taiwan ?

Is any of that going to develop into a military conflict ? Is a war against either of before mentioned nations winnable (sp?) ?

Or is there going to be some other conflict that might come up ?

Discuss...
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6779|Atlanta, GA USA
Iran or North Korea could possibly become an issue in the future, but not just with the US.  I think China is as concerned about the North Korea situation as the US is.  The thought of either of these countries having nuclear weapons really scares me.
I don't really think China will do anything about Taiwan.  As far as I know, the rhetoric has not changed on either side in a long time.  I think China's stance on Taiwan is a way to save face without actually having to do anything about it.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6763|The Netherlands
nah not North Korea that dictator is just trying to intimidate the world the get a little respect. I think he is smart enough to understand the power of the NATO and that his country has not much room for guerillias/terrorists to hide.

Iran... i'm more concerned about this one with it's restarting of the nuclear program and that they don't accept help from other countrys with it (Russia offered help with the Uranium). I don't know maye they have nothing evil in mind but maybe they are about to make nuclear weapons. can understand a war there but not tomorrow (read "soon")

and China... well i heard that a LOT of money from their growing economy is going to the army/ defences
but I don't know. I think that they will not attack a country soon they are just getting their economy better with the year so it would be a waste of recources and efford to make war.

nah i think the only country that is getting problems soon is Iran if they don't coorperate

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard