FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I know there are similar treads,, so just delete this if you want to mods,, but i think some ppl would like to see this

https://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/DjurS/BF2142NSpcSCRNwwGOLIATH1.jpg
And ontop of that it heals and ressuplies everything nearby

(this info is based on the NorthernStrike Trailer #2) www.northernstriketraining.com

[right click -> show picture] for better image quality :]  (Firefox)

EDIT: OMG OMG something just hit me !! What if this baby got parked in a corner with 3 ppl whoring everyone around,, you would have no way to destroy the 4 repairgenerators on the 2 sides which faces the walls!!! O_o

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-03-01 03:05:43)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sambuccashake
+126|6620|Sweden
That thing looks like a beast...

APC Mortar + Walker gun + massive armor + auto repair = BEAST!

I guess it's gonna take quite some teamwork to take that out.
NoGodsNoMasters
+6|6386
Not to mention it heals and resupplies everyone inside and in close proximity.
FloppY_
­

Sambuccashake wrote:

Yup ^^ those "solo engineers and snipers" will have to learn what teamwork is
However i think that 2 Hathcimotos (or how its spelled) would be able to take it down out in the open because they can keep moving fast while the gunner spams the repairthingys with plasmagun in between the TV missles but it's going to take some serious skill or teamwork to take it down

IFV goliath > Pac Walker ^_^
Bernadictus
+1,055|6746

ShawN_ wrote:

I know there are similar treads,, so just delete this if you want to mods,, but i think some ppl would like to see this

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178 … LIATH1.jpg

(this info is based on the NorthernStrike Trailer #2) www.northernstriketraining.com

The main gun consists of:

Primary: A large short-range shrapnel cannon
Secondary: Motion mine launcher

ShawN_ wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

However i think that 2 Hathcimotos (or how its spelled) would be able to take it down out in the open because they can keep moving fast while the gunner spams the repairthingys with plasmagun in between the TV missles but it's going to take some serious skill or teamwork to take it down

The Hachimoto's are chance less by default. You need a couple of walkers and some engineers to take out the repair generators.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6780|Rotherham, England
What happens once it is taken out?

Does anyone know if it respawn's? Or is it going to be a case of "when it's gone, it's gone"? Only asking because of the ability to repairs itself.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6425|Norway | Unkown
They made NS as a more advanced teamwork game than BF2142. There has to be teamwork at the highest!
Just looking forward to the noob messages on screen.. "{playername} you hacker! you never die!..." and all the other messages XD

pedigreeuk wrote:

What happens once it is taken out?

Does anyone know if it respawn's? Or is it going to be a case of "when it's gone, it's gone"? Only asking because of the ability to repairs itself.
I didn't test the beta, so aren't able to tell. But for what I think is that either the generator won't respawn from being repaired by itself. You might need to repair itself to be able to respawn them.

Or they never respawn untill the Golitah is destroyed

Last edited by PhaxeNor (2007-03-01 01:38:07)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

Time to dust off the old Pilum
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FloppY_
­

Bernadictus wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178 … LIATH1.jpg

The main gun consists of:

Primary: A large short-range shrapnel cannon
Secondary: Motion mine launcher

ShawN_ wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

The Hachimoto's are chance less by default. You need a couple of walkers and some engineers to take out the repair generators.
Repair generators can be destroyed with bullets, e.g. LMG & HMGs
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6704|The Ville
meh if you can I'd take out the auto repair thingy's with some c4 first. Then I would blow up the tank as engineer.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6590|Melbourne, Australia.
So basically its an all in one rape machine?
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6547|Internetfitlerland

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Pity you cant buy them at Kmart
FloppY_
­

~Smokey~ wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Pity you cant buy them at Kmart
LMAO  +1
MrEzeuss
+26|6400|Nethterlands (ZH)

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

It's incredably slow. And the maps i've seen it on are street maps with long stretches of street.
This thing was destroyed fairly fast. From the many times i played those maps i've only seen it twice advancing very far into the enemy territory.
I don't fear it, even worse, i keep on taking controlpoints while a good deal of the enemy is shooting their ass off protecting this snail.

it's like Mike Tyson fighting a lightweight bokser. The light weight will hit Mike more, thus scoring points. But if Mike hits, the lightweight goes down.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6536|Singapore
but its maximum moving speed is comparable to a snail's.....
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6425|Norway | Unkown

MrEzeuss wrote:

It's incredably slow. And the maps i've seen it on are street maps with long stretches of street.
This thing was destroyed fairly fast. From the many times i played those maps i've only seen it twice advancing very far into the enemy territory.
I don't fear it, even worse, i keep on taking controlpoints while a good deal of the enemy is shooting their ass off protecting this snail.
If you get enough people (full squad (maybe x2) that work as a squad is supposed to do, then it won't so very easy to destroy the goliath. But as you said its slow and it will be a hell of a battle if there is teamwork going on here..
MrEzeuss
+26|6400|Nethterlands (ZH)

PhaxeNor wrote:

MrEzeuss wrote:

If you get enough people (full squad (maybe x2) that work as a squad is supposed to do, then it won't so very easy to destroy the goliath. But as you said its slow and it will be a hell of a battle if there is teamwork going on here..
You are right if there is good teamwork going on, it is hard to take out.
But the problem is that if you have your team working near this thing, your side isn't really going anywhere. You'r crawling across the map.
It's a bit like the Titan maps. If you notice that the defending team is spamming the Titan corridors, just ignore them and capture silos. They will get nowhere and you get points because there aren't enough enemy units on the ground.
These Goliath maps are the same. The enemy will have to spread thin to guard the Goliath AND capture the flags.
FloppY_
­

MrEzeuss wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

MrEzeuss wrote:

You are right if there is good teamwork going on, it is hard to take out.
But the problem is that if you have your team working near this thing, your side isn't really going anywhere. You'r crawling across the map.
It's a bit like the Titan maps. If you notice that the defending team is spamming the Titan corridors, just ignore them and capture silos. They will get nowhere and you get points because there aren't enough enemy units on the ground.
These Goliath maps are the same. The enemy will have to spread thin to guard the Goliath AND capture the flags.
This has been solved by the new conquest mode though,,, you have to attack the enemy head-on resulting in everyone going the same way as the IFV anyway.....
Kratos Aurion
+36|6652|Sweden
"This has been solved by the new conquest mode though,,, you have to attack the enemy head-on resulting in everyone going the same way as the IFV anyway....."

Not really, the new "assault line"- mode will just make the last flag an uncap. You can still capture all other flag in any order you want. But the defending team will always have the last flag as uncap until you captured all other flag. It's NOT flag by flag like POE.
Master*
Banned
+416|6504|United States
The goliath does NOT have a mortar, thankfully. Then the goliath would be the best weapon in the game if it did.

Last edited by Masterstyle (2007-03-01 05:30:22)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York
meh, a full squad of 2 engi's, 2 support, and 2 medics could take this thing down in no time.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Sambuccashake
+126|6620|Sweden

Masterstyle wrote:

The goliath does NOT have a mortar, thankfully. Then the goliath would be the best weapon in the game if it did.
Thank goodness for that.
1MaNArmY
+2|6807

MrEzeuss wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

it's like Mike Tyson fighting a lightweight bokser. The light weight will hit Mike more, thus scoring points. But if Mike hits, the lightweight goes down.
So if this Beast heals and repairs nearby soldiers do assault and engineers in the Snail get credit for those heals and/or repairs?  Does it give ammo also?
FloppY_
­

1MaNArmY wrote:

MrEzeuss wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

So if this Beast heals and repairs nearby soldiers do assault and engineers in the Snail get credit for those heals and/or repairs?  Does it give ammo also?
It can only repair itself!  And the IFV resupplies and heals infantry, it could be that the driver in 1st position would get points for this but i dont think so,, (too statspad'ish)
if a medic or support with advanced crate enters it, it will simply resupply/heal faster because of the medic/support healing/ressuplying ontop of the IFV's heal/resupply
FloppY_
­

Kratos Aurion wrote:

"This has been solved by the new conquest mode though,,, you have to attack the enemy head-on resulting in everyone going the same way as the IFV anyway....."

Not really, the new "assault line"- mode will just make the last flag an uncap. You can still capture all other flag in any order you want. But the defending team will always have the last flag as uncap until you captured all other flag. It's NOT flag by flag like POE.
No but the maps have more "bottle necks" than the other 2142 maps,,, like the bridge map (don't recall name) where you have to cross the bridge or swim for about 20 mins to get to the other side,,, an ifv could easely hold the bridge i think

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard