Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Fuck you EA, it is valid. I install BF2. I install 1.41. I open BF2. I get greeted with this message.

Fuck you EA, fuck you DICE, learn to program your fucking games -_-

Any tips on how to fix this? Vista 64-bit; other people I know have run the game fine on Vista.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-02-26 07:27:54)

.cat.
+4|6347
Ive heard of this issue pertaining to Vista users. Cant remember if there is a fix. Ill peep around and see if I can find your answer.
InjectionNZ
+1|6297|New Zealand
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6402|The Gem Saloon
i might be getting a new rig next week with vista premiuim......hope i dont have any issues with it.
AtomicMoose
+18|6408
I got this, but I don't use vista (principally cos its shit). There are two ways to solve the problem. First one: Access the drive where bf2 is saved on your computer, then find the battlefield 2 folder (usually a subfolder under prgrams, ea games,) and open it. then see if there is a file there called battlefield2_code or something like that. open that and you can manually re- enter your cd key. The other, longer version is to manually uninstall EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT OF BATTLEFIELD 2, and then reinstall it so you can re enter your cd key. Just make sure u remember your password and username, as all of your profiles will have been deleted from your cpu when u uninstalled the game.

Good Luck.
David.P
Banned
+649|6281
Same with me and the booster packs i bought! Ea bullshitted me told me key code was invalid But it worked on my freinds account? Fuck em i'm gonna buy another copy and see what it says.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6639|USA
I have vista premium home.  At first I got  an error with PB.  Needs to be admin or be on admin account.  At the time I was using admin login.  In properties for BF2 you just need to tell it to run as admin.  Don't know if it will help, but i hope it does.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6360|uk

I had the same problem as you, and on Vista Business.

Are you trying to access the game on a different user account to which you installed the game?

If this is the case then you have to uninstall the game and install it on that user account, or play the game on the account you installed the game on
rgraze
+6|6680
All I did was change to a diff account on my XP machine and I got this error even after reentering the code
VicktorVauhn
+319|6399|Southern California

Hurricane wrote:

Fuck you EA, it is valid. I install BF2. I install 1.41. I open BF2. I get greeted with this message.

Fuck you EA, fuck you DICE, learn to program your fucking games -_-

Any tips on how to fix this? Vista 64-bit; other people I know have run the game fine on Vista.
Yeah, stupid fucking dice not even coding the game for operating systems that weren't out when it was made!

ignorant douche bags can't even make a program that works on unsupported platforms.....

I tried running it on my playstation and all I got was a disk read error!

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-02-28 22:18:58)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I tried running it on my playstation and all I got was a disk read error!
Hah! That's nothing.
The stupid DVD doesn't even fit into my SNES! Do they think I'm gonna cut it into a square?
Pfff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard