unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

In this nuclear age, population means nothing. If you were to press the US badly enough, I believe we would use our arsenal regardless of the consequences. As it is, I don't think it would come down to that. Why would China want to destroy a trading partner?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
China doesn't have a dragon as a symbol. More of a Yellow star in a red sky.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6245|Outside your Back window

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

In this nuclear age, population means nothing. If you were to press the US badly enough, I believe we would use our arsenal regardless of the consequences. As it is, I don't think it would come down to that. Why would China want to destroy a trading partner?
They wouldn't want to destroy a trading partener, it's that little island i've heard they want to destroy and the Yanks want to help the island. So thats how it could all start
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6498|Belgium

Bubbalo wrote:

What?  Last I heard Bush said on TV that if China made a move the US would step in.
If he waits till china makes a move

But you shouldn't be worried, to be honest, I think it's good that the USA finally gets some 'competition' so that maybe both forces agree to diminish their army capacity in a friendly way.

And China has lately not be the force to do anything with military strikes, they still talk etc.

If india and China join forces, you might start to get worried.
Anonymous_Undertaker
+2|6248

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Oh shit. I'll be doomed :*( But I would doubt China would attack, last time they sent a carrier group when China was threatening to attack.
China is preparing a Carrier also, so what for?

America is vulnerable in that regard.

Also what about these subs that the Egyptians were getting from France?

I have heard nothing about that?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The US has been desperate for new bad guys to face off against since the collapse of the Soviet Union. We've been angling for China to fill the role, but they don't want to.

Politics, politics, politics.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-02-25 03:49:06)

PureFodder
+225|6256

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

A great red dragon? Hang on Wales have got a great Red dragon. Oh god.....
Chineese food I like, but leeks are just horrible.
JG1567JG
+110|6559|United States of America

De_Jappe wrote:

But you shouldn't be worried, to be honest, I think it's good that the USA finally gets some 'competition' so that maybe both forces agree to diminish their army capacity in a friendly way.
That didn't work too well when the U.S. and the Soviet Union were the two lone superpowers.  All it created was a nuclear arms race and damn near brought the world into a nuclear war.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Anonymous_Undertaker wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Oh shit. I'll be doomed :*( But I would doubt China would attack, last time they sent a carrier group when China was threatening to attack.

Also what about these subs that the Egyptians were getting from France?

I have heard nothing about that?
Why do you think US has so many airbases in Japan?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

China is more threatening in an economic sense than in a military one.  We depend too much on their trade, while they use our money to buy up countries like Brazil.

Again, they won't attack Taiwan, because we would definitely retaliate.
That's why theres always India. TBH, I don't think China has enough rowboats to invade Taiwan.
Heh... well, China has a very capable military, but yes, America should trade less with China and more with India.

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-02-25 13:12:40)

Turquoise
O Canada

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Havok wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

I've heard that in china there is like 3 boys born per girl.
The biological odds of having a boy or girl are 50% every time.  That fact is highly unlikely.
One child policy. Parents kill the daughter in order to have a son because only the son can carry the family name.
I believe it has more to do with how a girl is more expensive to raise.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Turquoise wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Havok wrote:

The biological odds of having a boy or girl are 50% every time.  That fact is highly unlikely.
One child policy. Parents kill the daughter in order to have a son because only the son can carry the family name.
Why is a girl more expensive to raise? Actually that maybe kinda involved with the Male superiority thing in China, where they can get jobs easier. But hey, everyone pretty much makes 3 dollars an hour there... WTF is the difference.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
If China went to war with the US I think all of US's Allies would have to help in order for them to win..

Not to mention US would probably put a Draft In effect.
LethalShot
+0|6252
If a draft does come into effect im exempt since im canadian, yepee.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Ender2309 wrote:

i should hope that doesn't happen.

if it does, we're going to have a fucking draft.

i want to play bf2, not live it.
Same here I wouldnt last 5 min's as I'm shit.

I havent played 2142 and never will but I'd rather have a bf2 real war than a 2142 real war.
EVieira
+105|6449|Lutenblaag, Molvania

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

They wouldn't want to destroy a trading partener, it's that little island i've heard they want to destroy and the Yanks want to help the island. So thats how it could all start
Newb, American nukes won't ever be used agaist China, unless you want America to become a great nuclear waste. China would respond in kind, they have plenty of nukes...

Ace, that little island is actually part of China. When the communists took over the country, the government fled and installed itself on Taiwan. They have every right to overrun the island if they want to.

Last edited by EVieira (2007-02-28 03:22:58)

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

EVieira wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Newb, American nukes won't ever be used agaist China, unless you want America to become a great nuclear waste. China would respond in kind, they have plenty of nukes...

Ace, that little island is actually part of China. When the communists took over the country, the government fled and installed itself on Taiwan. They have every right to overrun the island if they want to.
Newb, America has around 10,000 more nukes then China.

Yeah commies over ran the nationalists, then the nationalists fled to Taiwan. Taiwan never ever said it was part of China. There was nothing signed at all. The last occupier of Taiwan was Japan, if you want to give Taiwan to another country, Japan has more rights to rule Taiwan than China.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

'The People's Liberation Army (PLA), with its 2.25 million active troops, is currently the largest military in the world.  The PLA consists of an army, navy, air force, and strategic nuclear force. The official budget of the PLA for 2005 is $30 billion and non-official budget $90 billion, possibly excluding foreign weapons purchases, military research and development, and the People's Armed Police, a paramilitary force.'
The size of their army (2.25 million) is irrelevant in terms of a conventional war.  Intelligence, air-power, communications/coordination are much more important.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6800

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

EVieira wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Yeah commies over ran the nationalists, then the nationalists fled to Taiwan. Taiwan never ever said it was part of China. There was nothing signed at all. The last occupier of Taiwan was Japan, if you want to give Taiwan to another country, Japan has more rights to rule Taiwan than China.
I didn't think anyone outside China actually knew how many nukes China has.

It does beg the question of what exactly the US needs 10,000 nukes for?
Turquoise
O Canada

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Why is a girl more expensive to raise? Actually that maybe kinda involved with the Male superiority thing in China, where they can get jobs easier. But hey, everyone pretty much makes 3 dollars an hour there... WTF is the difference.
Well, girls generally have more health concerns (relating to their "cycle" in many cases), and in addition to this, China has a dowry system like many other nations where the family of the bride pays for the wedding or other things related to it (depending on local traditions).

But yes, China is very patriarchal, so tradition in and of itself has led to these atrocities as well.

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-02-28 18:07:50)

Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6427|The edge of sanity

Anonymous_Undertaker wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

The chinese just redid thier navy and left out aircraft carriers, there are no aircraft carriers (that we know of) in the Chinese fleet. Personally i see it as a tatical blunder on part of the chinese, however the chinese should never, ever be underestimated. As i heard once befor you must either perminatly injure a man, or show him kindness, for those whom can recover from a small injury are sure to seek revenge (or something along those lines)
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6427|The edge of sanity

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

EVieira wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

dont forget about SAC for our anti-nuclear efense team (for newbs who dont know SAC= stratigic air command)
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6602|USA
China's only recent military excursion is running over college students in Tianamen Square and blowing up unarmed satellites!  However, they do have a large, well trained and disciplined military, but lack many logistics to move them around a global scale. 

Financially, I am more worried about China than militarily. 

I am also concerned what will happen when the Olympics are over in 2008 and China decides they no longer need direct foreign investment any longer.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The US has been desperate for new bad guys to face off against since the collapse of the Soviet Union. We've been angling for China to fill the role, but they don't want to.

Politics, politics, politics.
We are trying our best to continue to increase economic relations with them. Money doesn't talk it screams.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
chittydog
less busy
+586|6806|Kubra, Damn it!

Turquoise wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Well, girls generally have more health concerns (relating to their "cycle" in many cases), and in addition to this, China has a dowry system like many other nations where the family of the bride pays for the wedding or other things related to it (depending on local traditions).

But yes, China is very patriarchal, so tradition in and of itself has led to these atrocities as well.
Hmm. My wife is Chinese. In their culture, the groom pays for the wedding. The dowry still exists in a limited fashion, but both families give money to each other, so that sort of evens out. The groom still bears the majority of the financial nuptial burden.

The desire for sons is really all about passing on the family name and their cultural preference for boys. Even though they're communist and everyone is supposed to be equal, the long-standing male dominance is still alive and kicking. The groom's family sort of swallows the bride, so the family with only a daughter is almost left without children in their old age.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard