nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6818|Sydney, Australia
becos EA are american they shud have vietnamese w8 bf:v lol
Charmin
+1|6710

Possum61 wrote:

The USA # 1 Superpower............We should Termo Nuke the rest of the world that bitchs about us all the time   
try us, we'll hack your precious pentagon before you can launch one single pathetic nuke. We owned your security systems in desert storm, and we can do it again. LONG LIVE HOLLAND
Cpl_5811
+0|6733
It is a game, right?  I mean the last time I checked.  It is exactly how the people who made it, wanted it.  So get over it.
Charmin
+1|6710
LOL if EA was French I doubt any one would play it, since we;d all be french of MEC, French of Chinese : D

lol
ozzi92
+2|6722
well USA is in every map coz USA is enemies with china and MEC. MEC and china arent enemies they both want the same thing, kill america (i just want bush dead ) so that's y usa is in every map
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD

oberst_enzian wrote:

rofl
and then thermo nuke yerselves because of all the internal dissent?

btw - just so no-one misconstrues my comments: i am not being anti-american, just saying that its boring to just do the whole 'america fights here, america fights there' thing... it's a game after all, it need not be stilted by such trivial concerns as 'we cannot depict america getting invaded'

i am interested tho: can anyone think up a scenario that involves only PLA vs MEC? where would they fight/why?
If America is invaded by hostiles, they eventually pay dearly.  Brits got their asses kicked in the 1700s for trying to keep us.  Japan got nuked....twice for attacking pearl harbor.  Iraqis attack us on 9/11, they get their asses whooped in their own country.  When those other countries learn not to piss us off?  lol
Charmin
+1|6710
guys guys wait up.

The USA is considered the "largest and most powerfull" country of this day (not true but hell with details)

China is about to overrun THE USA in the next 10-20 years. Their economy is skyrocketing. And there are simply more chinese. When Battlefield 5 or 6 hits the world it will be China vs the rest of the world.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6755|Great Wall

ozzi92 wrote:

well USA is in every map coz USA is enemies with china and MEC. MEC and china arent enemies they both want the same thing, kill america (i just want bush dead ) so that's y usa is in every map
All in the game is a fiction.. Why cannot there be a fiction about China - MEC conflict?

PS. I don't mind playing as US in the game.. but in real life being from US is nothing to be proud of. Many people say I speak with american accent. I take it as insult cuz americans can't even speak english properly..

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2006-01-11 06:07:44)

BlackKesha
+1|6718|Моск&#
ребят, а сложно догадаться, что игра сделана на основе C&C generals, поэтому стороны - США, Китай и ГАО, а то, что США везде участвует, так это потому, что ЕА - американская компания, и не важно, что разработчики - канадцы.
Charmin
+1|6710

BlackKesha wrote:

ребят, а сложно догадаться, что игра сделана на основе C&C generals, поэтому стороны - США, Китай и ГАО, а то, что США везде участвует, так это потому, что ЕА - американская компания, и не важно, что разработчики - канадцы.
riiiiiiight....
Octavarium
+1|6727

_j5689_ wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

rofl
and then thermo nuke yerselves because of all the internal dissent?

btw - just so no-one misconstrues my comments: i am not being anti-american, just saying that its boring to just do the whole 'america fights here, america fights there' thing... it's a game after all, it need not be stilted by such trivial concerns as 'we cannot depict america getting invaded'

i am interested tho: can anyone think up a scenario that involves only PLA vs MEC? where would they fight/why?
If America is invaded by hostiles, they eventually pay dearly.  Brits got their asses kicked in the 1700s for trying to keep us.  Japan got nuked....twice for attacking pearl harbor.  Iraqis attack us on 9/11, they get their asses whooped in their own country.  When those other countries learn not to piss us off?  lol
I seriously hope that was a joke....
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6775|MA, USA

BlackKesha wrote:

"children, and it is complicated to surmise, that the game is made on basis of C&.C generals; therefore side - USA, China and GAO, and that that BY THE USA everywhere participates, so this because YEA - American company, and is not important that the developers - Canadians."

Translation courtesy of Babelfish...probably a bit off, but it gives the gist of what the guy is saying: 

It's an American company, even though the developers were Canadian, and US troops are everywhere...Hence, lots of US in the game.
K3R5^
+0|6696
Its in the near future, maybe the US got nuts and wanted to kill every old enemy and the war is simply USA vs. Commies and Oil countries! Maybe its the classic 2 front war like in ww2 when the jerries fought both the eastern europe and the western europe and... everybody else
/ it would be fun to fight in exmple washinton DC running around outside the white house and stuff
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6726|th3 unkn0wn

BlackKesha wrote:

Uh huh, uh huh, err, uh huh....so you're saying that EA is a front for KGB operations in the USA while BF2 wos actually designed as a "tool" for the Cossacks to infiltrate the computers of gamers, especially the Americans? - hence all the "bugs" and the need for so-called sinister "patches". A secret communist agenda you say? And Command & Conquer Generals wos actually a beta infiltration program? Really? My word, I'd never have guessed that m8.

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-01-13 20:20:46)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6726|th3 unkn0wn

whittsend wrote:

BlackKesha wrote:

"children, and it is complicated to surmise, that the game is made on basis of C&.C generals; therefore side - USA, China and GAO, and that that BY THE USA everywhere participates, so this because YEA - American company, and is not important that the developers - Canadians."

Translation courtesy of Babelfish...probably a bit off, but it gives the gist of what the guy is saying: 

It's an American company, even though the developers were Canadian, and US troops are everywhere...Hence, lots of US in the game.
You sure about your translation m8? He may have written it after downing several bottles of cheap vodka for all we know - which may explain why he starts off with calling us "children".
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6713

nitro92 wrote:

Actually, DICE (the guys who make BF2) are Swedish... it may seem that they're American, but they're not. I'm guessing that they realise that the U.S. = big bucks and that people are more interested in the current on-going war than anything else.

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Hey yeah, what's up with (the MEC and Chinese have the same vehicles and weapons)?
They buy their armament from Russia. Think about it: The AK-47 is Russian-made.

The Saika 12K is a Russian AK-47 variant that shoots shotgun shells.
The AK-101 is an AK47 variant.
The Chinese assault rifle happens to be the AK-47.
The MR-444 is (obviously) a Russian pistol.
The AK74SU is also a Russian assault rifle.

Why, then, in real life, do terrorists mainly use AK-47s? Because Russian black markets sell to anyone for drop-dead prices.

Analogy: The Middle East and China walk over to Russia's house and knock on the door. The government opens the door and says, "AK-47, $1000." Mr. Middle East and Mr. China don't want to pay that much, so they leave. Down the street, Mr. Russia's kid is selling AK-47's and AK-101's that he stole from his father. "AK-47, $100."

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-01-13 20:48:05)

whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6775|MA, USA

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

whittsend wrote:

BlackKesha wrote:

You sure about your translation m8? He may have written it after downing several bottles of cheap vodka for all we know - which may explain why he starts off with calling us "children".
I asked my Russian buddy afterward...he said 'Children' is a literal translation, and that a better one would  be "guys".  He translated the whole thing for me too, but I don't remember it all.  Anyway, it seems it was written in 'good enough' Russian, but Bablefish just does a literal translation which doesn't sound very good in English.  The upshot is the same.

0mikr0n wrote:

Why, then, in real life, do terrorists mainly use AK-47s? Because Russian black markets sell to anyone for drop-dead prices.
The AK 47 is the most numerically important weapon in the world.  You can't walk ten feet without tripping over one in many countries.  We confiscated truckloads of them in Iraq.  It's manufactured in many countries, in many different versions, and was given out like candy.  It's made out of stamped metal, so it's cheap, but the same low tolerances that make it reliable, make it inaccurate.  It is a myth that it doesn't jam, but it does take a hell of a beating before doing so.  Much more than any western weapon, because western weapons have fine tolerances to increase accuracy; so a little bit of sand jams up those finely milled parts.   Unfortunately (for the weapon), a lot of its unintended users give it that beating and more, but they dont know how to disassemble or clean it, so it never gets cleaned.  Eventually it does fail and jam.  I had several in Iraq that would fire once, then jam, every time.

Last edited by whittsend (2006-01-14 06:35:16)

tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6727
Someone told me that they went somewhere in the... Middle East I think, and you could buy an AK47 and 1000 rounds for ten of whatever the currency was.
K3R5^
+0|6696

0mikr0n wrote:

nitro92 wrote:

Actually, DICE (the guys who make BF2) are Swedish...
yes, why do everybody think that EA makes the game?
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6858|Missoula, MT
It's in the script... 
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6707|England, GBR

_j5689_ wrote:

lol. How mis-informed you really are.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6702|Hell's prison
I tell you I enjoy playing as the USMC mainly because the weapons are familiar to me (I actually own an M-4, civil model of course) and truthfully the weapon is shockingly realistic in the game. (This goes for the M-16 as well).  Being Military myself this game really catches my eye so to speak as soon as my supervisor told me about it.  I give every side a chance, I much prefer to get in servers that make you change sides every round, kind of gives you a chance to see all aspects of the game.  Basically the way I see it and it has been said many times here, this game is fictional!  The dev team could make purple bunny's vs. the MEC if they wanted to.  But think about it this way, it sells, the game is making money!  Thats all that matters in the end, so that EA, or even DICE can bring us quality upgrades and better games as time goes on.  Your money that your bitching about putting up for expansions and upgrades are going to help them make more quality games, that are fun and just as addictive.  So yeah you gotta cough up 10 dollars for the new Euro army, so what?  But now im just getting off subject, sorry had to rant. 

In short, the game is a story that the dev team made up to make it an interesting game and yes I know the game is not story based.  It isnt based on actual events, it only has one REAL army in it, it has nothing to do with 9/11 or the war on terror.  Its a game, its fun and it works, nuff said.  I hope they can keep expanding on this game until it cannot be upgraded any more, then drop a whole new fight in our laps!  EA, DICE, keep em coming!
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6702|Hell's prison

K3R5^ wrote:

0mikr0n wrote:

nitro92 wrote:

Actually, DICE (the guys who make BF2) are Swedish...
yes, why do everybody think that EA makes the game?
And thats another thing, from what I was told, DICE made the desert combat mod for BF1942 and EA liked it, and saw how much attention it was getting so much that they asked DICE to develop Battlefield 2 based on what they did before.  And they did a great job!  I wish I could play the desert combat mod myself.
BlackKesha
+1|6718|Моск&#

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

слушай, э... человек, я хоть и не изучаю англиский, но стараюсь понимать речеве обороты, поэтому постарайся и ты адекватно реагировать на мои речевые обороты, слово "ребята" - не обязательно обозначает "children", "guys", спасибо whittsend, что он это уже пояснил, весь остальной перевод правильный, да, естественно я всегда играю, или общаюсь только если выпью бутылку дешёвой водки, а лучше две,а ещё все русские пьют водку из горлышка и по Красной площади ходят белые медведи...

не принимай всё близко к сердцу, и вообще расслабься, попей вечерком пивка, пообщайся с друзьями, сходи с девушкой в ресторан, или кино, помогает...

0mikr0n wrote:

Analogy: The Middle East and China walk over to Russia's house and knock on the door. The government opens the door and says, "AK-47, $1000." Mr. Middle East and Mr. China don't want to pay that much, so they leave. Down the street, Mr. Russia's kid is selling AK-47's and AK-101's that he stole from his father. "AK-47, $100."
LOL
0mikr0n, правильнее было бы сказать, не что "Russian black markets", а то, что Россия один из крупнейших мировых поставщиков оружия, а тот факт, что жители стран, покупающих оружие у России становятся терорристами уже вина не России, а тех, кто вмешивается в их внутренние дела и нарушает их суверенитет, а ещё правильнее сказать, что автоматы моделей Калашникова оптимальное оружие для тех условий, в которых его используют, да и практически вся российская техника, легче переносит негативнуюю среду и природные условия, чем иная.
кстати, то же американское оружие и техника стоят на вооружении практически у всего НАТО...
elite
+89|6731|Sheffield, England
u didnt kick our british arses, we had usa on its knees, on the verge of defeat, u won cos our army just made a bad move, so fuck usa, britain owns, and dice is owned by EA.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard