Tro0per
Take off, hosers
+24|6431|Ontario, Canada
As people are aware I use it to chat over voip or vent/ts while playing. My problem is it lags the hell out of my comp when I use it. I get connection loss and choppiness when I have it plugged in, but when I take it out everything is fine. Could it be my crappy soundcard? Or that I plug it into a usb hub instead of the computer itself? I can only use a usb headset because of the way my 5.1 surround takes up the plugs in my soundcard.

What im trying to ask is should I get a new soundcard (current is just a crappy noname 5.1 surround onboard one) or is there a way to tweak my settings to stop it from spazin out.
fasty77killa
+2|6542|Omaha NE
usb headsets suck for everything but medial transcripting
that is my best advice

get a good sound card
CrazeD
+368|6688|Maine
The sound card will make no difference if you have a USB headset. I have a USB headset and didn't even have sound drivers installed for a while.

A USB headset connects via USB, not your sound card.

Try using a different USB port, maybe the port you are using is drawing too much current.
Tro0per
Take off, hosers
+24|6431|Ontario, Canada
I guess I could try plugging it in a different one as I currently have it in a usb hub (allows me 8 extra usb ports). I'll try using one of the usb ports on the computer itself.
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6285|Germany, NRW
had the same issues like you Tro0per but i installed drivers and it worked perfect. but USB headsets suck. have a medusa LAN-Edition right now. kicks ass!
CrazeD
+368|6688|Maine

Roughshod wrote:

had the same issues like you Tro0per but i installed drivers and it worked perfect. but USB headsets suck. have a medusa LAN-Edition right now. kicks ass!
Why do they suck?

Mine works very well. It has great audio and a very clear mic. Only 30$ too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard