maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6802
you know, when you head shot someone with sniper rifle and you see the dust cloud, but he doesn't die because the hit wasn't count, or when you knife a guy 3 times and you see and hear the knife hitting his boddy,and doesn't dien and turn around and kill you
and my favorite, unload the whole clip of you rifle and see all that dust coming out and then he runs away.
it happes to me a lot with the knife, and lately with pump shooty
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6724
I just love shooting helicopters and tanks with tank shells and/or AT missiles and having them do no damage.
Or watching a tv missile impact a helicopter and only kill one of the occupants, but leaving the chopper undamaged.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6787

get used to it, or get a better connection. you have to expect that with any online game.

even Masters of Chess VI.
UnitPhantom
+0|6705
I've got a great conection, but nothing will stop lag. Many factory couse it and most are unevoidable, 'Lag Spikes'  are the worst when flying jets though.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6767|Malaga, España
well my internet providor is fucking around with the lines...unstabble crap i have now...
i got a 1024 - 320 Adsl...my ping is around the 80 - 100 ...but now...it goes from 80 till 180 .... and its so fucking annnoying the only thing i can do in BF2 is being a fucking tank whore for at least some kills...or else i,m doomed. well hoping that they fix the fucking line quik
Zukabazuka
+23|6709
Happen a lot to me and sometimes when I go for knife, hitted him 3 times and he still survived. I know I hitted him. This is when we are running around.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6802

Zukabazuka wrote:

Happen a lot to me and sometimes when I go for knife, hitted him 3 times and he still survived. I know I hitted him. This is when we are running around.
yes, you are righ, most of the times happens when i'm running around enemy bases killing unnaware soldiers
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6709|Espoo, Finland

UnitPhantom wrote:

I've got a great conection, but nothing will stop lag. Many factory couse it and most are unevoidable, 'Lag Spikes'  are the worst when flying jets though.
I just got a wonderfull idea of a new AA weapon (since they wanto improve AA) make it so that when it locks and you fire it gives the pilot 10 seconds of bad lag
FILAMU_NOR
+0|6705|Bærum, norway

Gawwad wrote:

UnitPhantom wrote:

I just got a wonderfull idea of a new AA weapon (since they wanto improve AA) make it so that when it locks and you fire it gives the pilot 10 seconds of bad lag
LOL
Diomed
+1|6723
I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but use Yahoo's All Seeing Eye!  BF2's server browser is about as consistent as the L85A1 (not very).  Sure the servers ping well on the bf2 browser but I bet the packet loss on them is close to 60%.  I used to get horrid retrace on the best pinging servers found through bf2's broswer but I get none on servers found on Eye.  They don't ping as well according the ASE (around 200)  but when you get into the game itself they ping in the low 40s for me.  Just a thought.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/multiplayer
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6782|Brixham, UK
I hate lag, so I stick to favourites where I consistantly low ping.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6718|The Ville
Speaking of knifing. This other guy and me last night on karkand battled it out as two of my squad members watched. We both ended up killing each other with the knife at the same time. We both started laughing LOL. the knife is hard to use they should make the expert knife badge to 12 instead of 18
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6746|Toronto, ON, CAN
I played a round last night without  dying in the first 10 min (believe me, this is rare... look at the stats:) ). The server was having wierd spikes though, and I saw my name show up in the "killed by " section of the gui...
I didn't die.
My score showed I didn't die.
His score didn't change to show he killed me. (noob had 0 kills 8 deaths)

Same game, I had defib'd a sniper, he flew and hit the wall, with rag doll effect, but wasn't dead... he couldn't move, had no weapon and was stuck on the wall 10 feet up (I couldn't even knife him to put him out of his misery....

Both of us were laughing, but needless to say, we all left the server soon after... sometimes it just ain't worth it!
=P

edit: forgot to mention, my ping rate was 9... I don't get 9 to my laptop on the same router!!!

Last edited by SunTzu (2006-01-11 12:58:55)

lord_tyler_486
+54|6776|Upper Franconia
That happens pretty often with the knife! You directly hit someone, dust cloud appears, you hear a strange sound of death and nothing happens.

But thats not as annoying as when it happens while sniping. I hate people that survive M95 headshots. I think most of you have seen the sniper video [from player »GODVO2MAX« ]. I think that the kills are really non-hacked/cheated sniper kills, except the vehicles which were staged [they told me @their forum]. There are a few kills in the video that looked strange to me. He points somewhere and waits until the walking enemy is exactly in the sights, then he shoots and also hits him, but because of the lag the enemy walks about 2 meters on before hes getting down.
That made me think that lags don't affect whether you hit the target or not, that must be something else, and I also confirmed this statement [no, sorry I do not have any screenshots or videos].

But then the question: Why the hell don't they die?? Have no idea.
wonkey20
+18|6732
Ahh the wonderful world of Bf2/ea... Isnt it great
RandomZer0
+0|6718

Obiwan wrote:

Speaking of knifing...they should make the expert knife badge to 12 instead of 18
Sort of defeats the purpose of an EXPERT badge if its easy to come by, doesn't it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard