san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live

AllmightyOz wrote:

Yeah well I got a haircut, bought a shirt n tie, and I am going to pretend I give a shit about this when I go to court.
Here's some advice: pray that no one in the judge's office plays BF2 and sees this message.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

san4 wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

Yeah well I got a haircut, bought a shirt n tie, and I am going to pretend I give a shit about this when I go to court.
Here's some advice: pray that no one in the judge's office plays BF2 and sees this message.
Look at the judge with a lazy sort of scorn, implying through your bored stare that you know this law is more about revenue collecting than law enforcement.

If she is a female, lick your lips at her, suggesting you are an expert in cunalingus and be sure to answer all her questions smartly.

Don't bother with a PD, take your medicine and pay the fine.

Be smarter next time.
BVC
+325|6697
IF MARIJUANA IS A "GATEWAY DRUG"...

...legalising it will mean people can grow it at home and won't be exposed to dealers who can sell them other stuff.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I'm sorry ATG... Your not "1337" anymore...
I know. It lasted all of 20 seconds.

Nameless karma 1338'd me.

Coward.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

OP: Be glad you aren't being 'tried' in China.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Pubic wrote:

IF MARIJUANA IS A "GATEWAY DRUG"...

...legalising it will mean people can grow it at home and won't be exposed to dealers who can sell them other stuff.
That's a really good point...  lol... 
Fen321
+54|6499|Singularity
I'm not sure how anyone here is suppose to help you without the situation being even explained other than will my license be taken away after being charged with marijuana and paraphernalia possession.

First starters know your rights.

You have a right to an attorney ALWAYS.

You DO NOT have to plead guilty and can contest the charges, but given the circumstances if you already confessed you basically shot yourself in the foot.

Did you consent to the search? If not, you have grounds for fighting against what happened. Getting pulled over by a police officer does not constitute a probable cause to search you or your friends unless your friend was driving erratically which in case he would check and see if he was under the influence, but having said that you still have to consent to a search on your person.

If you were not under arrest, hence no probable cause, then once again you shot yourself in the foot by consenting . (if that was the case)
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6704|Little Rock, Arkansas

AllmightyOz wrote:

hey I have a serious question here.

Couple months ago I got busted, to make a long story short got charged with possession of marijuana and paraphenalia. At the time I did not have my license, but now I do and I have court tuesday.

My question is, will I lose my license and if so for how long?

Thanks in advance!

- Oz

Karma and my everlasting love to anyone that can help me or give me a source on this!
Oz,

To start off with, if you were in the State of Arkansas, yes, you would lose your license. For 6 months. In addition, you would have a misdemeanor on your record forever, leading to never getting out of a speeding ticket again, plus having to fess up to it whenever you apply for a job.

Now, as to the law on Ohio, I don't know. Don't work there.

Are you being charged as a juvenile? If so, you can go back to court after your probation is over, and ask the judge to seal your record, or even expunge the charge.

Take a lawyer. Doesn't matter what you think will happen.

I guess I don't even know what your court date is for? Are you being arraigned, is this your trial, what?
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6625|Camp XRay

i am too lazy to read through all the post. depends on the state and the mood the judge is in. how are your grades? any social clubs shit like that? they look at all that and kinda tell what kinda kid you are. also they will prob put you on probation, pay a fine, may or may not suspend your dl for a little while, etc. etc.

also you will have to take a piss test every once in a while if you are probation.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6698|NJ
http://ohio.gov/resmv.stm

There's a link with other links for the laws in Ohio.. Put the pipe down and learn how to use the internet..
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6542|The Lost Highway

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

It's the law.  Deal with it.  You knew it, you broke it, you will now pay for it.

Marijuana leads to a lot of other stuff, and quite often, a certain lifestyle.  If you have that attitude, expect for the judge to be less than amused with you, and to not get any leniency.
Wow dude... Your ignorance is overwhelming.

Jesus Christ....

What kind of lifestyle does Marijuana lead to?
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6658
Will you lose you license, no....it has nothing to do with the issue. Could you serve time in jail, possibly up to 30 days is the worse Ive ever heard of, if its a first offense. My advice stop doing illegal shit, and you have no issues.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6558|Kent, UK

cpt.fass1 wrote:

http://ohio.gov/resmv.stm

There's a link with other links for the laws in Ohio.. Put the pipe down and learn how to use the internet..
All well and good giving a link and saying "you're a douche, look it up" but where does it link to information related to drugs charges and your DL??

At OP, i'd say don't worry about your license if you wern't driving at the time, they'll only suspend your license if it's a motor vehicle offence.

Just tlel the judge that you're sorry and you fell into the wrong crowd, that you're gonna straighten up and fly right etc. It was a silly mistake and it won't happen again.

EDIT: in fact, tell him you're glad you got caught when you did, that's it's made you see the error of your ways and that you know you'll be safe from drugs and how they won't distract you from your *prestigious qualification* at *prestigious college*

Last edited by ^KoB^Buckles (2007-02-27 09:30:00)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6698|NJ
Well I was taking the easy way out.. It should be in there somewhere, I know that in New Jersey if you are caught with Drugs or Alchole before you get your licensee they will not allow you to get it till your 21. Not sure if it's the same for Ohio, and since you already have it I'd get a lawyer for this one.

It will cost some money but all Judges are Lawyers and it shows that you are taking this charge seriously.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6704|Little Rock, Arkansas

-=AudigyXi=- wrote:

Will you lose you license, no....it has nothing to do with the issue. Could you serve time in jail, possibly up to 30 days is the worse Ive ever heard of, if its a first offense. My advice stop doing illegal shit, and you have no issues.
The fact that your license has nothing to do with it is NOT why they suspend it. They suspend it becuase, to a late teenager, a suspended license is better and longer-lasting punishment than house arrest or probation, without sending the offender to jail.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6711

blisteringsilence wrote:

Oz,

To start off with, if you were in the State of Arkansas, yes, you would lose your license. For 6 months. In addition, you would have a misdemeanor on your record forever, leading to never getting out of a speeding ticket again, plus having to fess up to it whenever you apply for a job.

Now, as to the law on Ohio, I don't know. Don't work there.

Are you being charged as a juvenile? If so, you can go back to court after your probation is over, and ask the judge to seal your record, or even expunge the charge.

Take a lawyer. Doesn't matter what you think will happen.

I guess I don't even know what your court date is for? Are you being arraigned, is this your trial, what?
In California I think for posesion or under the influence (alcohol or drugs) you loose your licence for a year or until your 18 what ever is longer while you under 21.  It does not mater if you were driving or not you still loose your licence.  California is very strict on driving laws for minors.  Note: I think this law change somewhat because California raised the minimun driving age to 18.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Marijuana leads to a lot of other stuff, and quite often, a certain lifestyle.
You my friend are a fucking moron if you actually believe that.  All of that gateway drug bullshit is just that, bullshit.  I smoke weed and have no desire whatsoever to experiment with heroin, coke, LSD, or any other drug (not that there's really much risk medically of trying any of them once).  As far as a certain lifestyle, I'm not really sure what you mean.  I'm a social person who does a lot of other things besides smoke (including going to class and having a 3.47 cumulative).

Marijuana is less of a health risk than tobacco and alcohol (I drink but don't smoke cigarettes) and is literally impossible to overdose on.  If I wanna sit around with my friends and smoke some green, why should that be anyone else's business?

The marijuana prohibition in this country is a product of fear and lies. It's time to at least decriminalize it, if not legalize it right away.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

The marijuana prohibition in this country is a product of fear and lies. It's time to at least decriminalize it, if not legalize it right away.
I agree, but again, I think the breweries and tobacco companies are the main groups pushing for it to remain illegal.  They don't want competition in the recreational industry.

About the only way we could get it legalized at this point is to let the tobacco companies be the only ones who can grow it legally.  Then, suddenly, the fuckers would be like...  "See, it's not so bad.  Have a joint."
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America

Turquoise wrote:

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

I agree, but again, I think the breweries and tobacco companies are the main groups pushing for it to remain illegal.  They don't want competition in the recreational industry.

About the only way we could get it legalized at this point is to let the tobacco companies be the only ones who can grow it legally.  Then, suddenly, the fuckers would be like...  "See, it's not so bad.  Have a joint."
Then will that drug problem stop? It won't be illegal, so it won't be 'rebelling against the establishment' or anything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard