2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6652|Stillwater, Ok
This is my biggest pet peve in the game.  I'm in the military and if your jumping up and down(bunny hopping) with a gun you can't hit shit (More likely to kill yourself).  Also the barrel roll dolphin diving thing is crap too.  I would love to see the accuracy of both these become uncontolled when someone attempts it.  Would change the way people play entirely.....and maybe just maybe get rid of the bunny hopping nade whores.
dracul
+2|6777
non-relevant. ability to fire with feet off the ground is entirely removed in next patch.
xaven
+25|6703|Berlin
yes, wait for the next patch. bunnyhopping, dolphin diving and noobtubing will be cut back...

(I also hop - to flee!)
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6652|Stillwater, Ok
All i have to say is THANK GOD
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

And we would've saved a usage of one whole unnesescary thread if you used SEARCH
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6693|New Hampshire

polarbearz wrote:

And we would've saved a usage of one whole unnesescary thread if you used SEARCH
Sigh...how many more posts about bunny hopping/dolphin diving are gonna come out?  After the patch what's gonna happen - people are gonna find something new to cry about and have EA rip out of the game instead of developing strategy.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6815

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

This is my biggest pet peve in the game.  I'm in the military and if your jumping up and down(bunny hopping) with a gun you can't hit shit (More likely to kill yourself).  Also the barrel roll dolphin diving thing is crap too.  I would love to see the accuracy of both these become uncontolled when someone attempts it.  Would change the way people play entirely.....and maybe just maybe get rid of the bunny hopping nade whores.
Chuy put a search featuire on the forum, use it. There's much better things that could be on ther server rather than 200 threads of bunny hopping.
NUMBA2
+0|6651
all i ever hear is complaints about the way i play this game. nobody wants to die the way i want to kill em
MrBrain
+24|6660|Finland

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Unless you're really good with following with the mouse when jumping the accuracy is actually affected when jumping, and most ppl are not good at that.

dracul wrote:

non-relevant. ability to fire with feet off the ground is entirely removed in next patch.
let's hope that this includes no fire when jumping down from roof, no shooting from the parashute, no jumping to get the nades thrown longer and see how many start to complain about that. Damn I hate when they concentrate on these things when there are BUGS to fix instead...
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6693|New Hampshire
You mean to tell me while you're jumping or parachuting you can't pull a trigger?  Please.  You want realism - that's more realistic than being unable to pull a trigger while moving.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Agreed. Even in modern combat soldiers fire off rounds on the run, more for a psychological attack than anything else.
QuackinChicken
+1|6672

MrBrain wrote:

Damn I hate when they concentrate on these things when there are BUGS to fix instead...
amen. EA customer support is pathetic. Their solution is that their is something wrong with yyour machine, not the game.
Back on the topic of realism in this game <- oxymoron
Very few things in the game are realistic, they are simply balanced to enhance gameplay. Therefore do not complain of a lack of realism, complain of a lack of balance.
pat2187
+0|6722
I think the whole point to removing the hopping/diving is because it detracts from what the developer intended the game to be. Naturally with any online game these days people find every possible way to gain an upper hand. No amount of testing will catch these behaviors and tricks. For now you toss it out there and see how it evolves after you have done enough testing to publish a tolerable product. I say tolerable since we've seen the incomplete titles time and time again. The amount of posts about hopping/diving addresses a gameplay issue that detracts from the experience. Leaving the hopping/diving in the game and developing a strategy is a dead end from their point of view. The contemporary shooter has turned into a bad kung fu movie with guns so it has been fixed. Wether or not something new will be the new FOTM is an inevitibility. Wether or not it merits a patch is up to them. I'd imagine they, the devs would want our gameplay to mirror the intro movie. That's a game the majority wants to play. Picture a pre 1.2 intro movie. The guys running towards the flag all hopping around while about 3 different  grenades get lobbed in. Another guy takes himself out and an enemy with a grendade coming up the ladder. Meanwhile someone is doing the worm avoiding MG fire.
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6652|Stillwater, Ok
Sorry about the post most are bitchin about i didnt do a search simply cause it is a complaining thread.  I wouldn't mind bunny hopping to stay in just your accuracy should be changed to something of almost impossible to hit anything. Something kinda like your running with the PKM.  You can still hit targets just not very accurately.  You should still be able to spray lead while jumping but your most likely gonna be dead from doing it.  Be better than keeping you from firing all together.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6679|Charlie One Alpha

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Sorry about the post most are bitchin about i didnt do a search simply cause it is a complaining thread.  I wouldn't mind bunny hopping to stay in just your accuracy should be changed to something of almost impossible to hit anything. Something kinda like your running with the PKM.  You can still hit targets just not very accurately.  You should still be able to spray lead while jumping but your most likely gonna be dead from doing it.  Be better than keeping you from firing all together.
Agreed. Simple to fix. Just make you inaccurate while jumping, like in almost every other FPS.
Dice could learn something from Counter-Strike. That game is terribly unbalanced but at least there is no bunny-hopping.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard