Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6668
This is the idea.

Augment the kick vote with something called a "Euthanise Vote".

Here's how it works.

Bobby The Brigadier General Statpadder is, as his name suggests, stats-padding with some buddies. There are no admins around. Both teams have noticed, but since they're doing it close to their uncap flag, they can't go kill them without advancing that far. Their own teammates are also equally pissed, because they can't advance with a full squad missing in action.

So Vigi the Lante Private initiates a "Kick-Vote", and everybody votes "Yes".

But wait! No they don't! Because despite whinging, they don't really care enough to risk being shot by a sniper while hitting page-up.

So 5 out of the 9 needed vote. That's a certain percentage set by admins to trigger a downgrade from kick vote to euthanise vote. Immediately, those designated for the vote become visible, in shocking pink, on everyone's minimap. They can be killed by anyone - even their own teammates - so long as the killer is a medic.

In-Character, they're considered "gone mad", and for every minute they stay, they get taunted by the guy who did the voice-over for BF2, who was so incredibly annoying that they're sure to leave soon anyway!

Well?

>.>

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2007-02-26 14:19:27)

MrEzeuss
+26|6389|Nethterlands (ZH)
Hmmm, i saw a game once that did a thing like this to cheaters. The would glow brightly, so they couldn't hide and sneak up on you very well.

Although i like the thought (make people more aware of their voting behaviour) , i don't think this is the best way to go about it.

Maybe not voting should be punished by -2. This will still not make the votingsystem a fullproof one, but at least people are being made more aware of what they do.
Besides the non vote punish, they also need to add a 'reason to kick' entry.
pinioncorp
1 Metre, 3 Rounds, 6 Misses?
+7|6423|Nobellius
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

That is the stupidest idea ever. Really. Imagine all the people who are playing well, so well that someone rage kickvotes them. And, as half their team has been knifed by them, 50% vote for the kick. Then, the great player on your team (such as yourself) becomes under attack from anyone and everyone. Great system.

However, I believe an effective measure for said system is to simply disallow voting by default. That way all those who just ignore kickvotes can be not counted, and therefore the number of votes for the kick to be successful would be lower. Additionally, if the vote is ignored, the number required drops again, as your vote is not counted, as opposed to the default of "no" which it stands at now.

People don't vote because they don't know the situation, don't care, or simply aren't concentrating. Those who don't want to boot someone off their own team or are just scornful of the person who initiated the vote can always vote "no".

Oh, and you can see which way people are voting by checking the player list (default: tab) and clicking on the manage tab. Green for yes vote, red for no, grey for those who haven't voted and nothing for those who cannot vote.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
Why In Real Life i think compuslarly democracy is retarded I think DICE's stance on kick votes should be https://static.flickr.com/36/74132870_91fe081968_m.jpg

That would get alot more kick votes passed and remove assholes from our servers.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
Uh, no.

I shouldn't be punished points for not voting because I'm trying my best to avoid that Walker and revive my teammates, and don't notice the vote because I'm too busy playing.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6709|Sweden
The Kickvote system is abused so much i´t would´nt work at all i rarely if ever read the kickvotes if i did read them i would have to put a brick on page up or down they just keep coming in , no way to check them all if you want to enjoy your game.

Last edited by madmurre (2007-02-26 18:12:35)

anuban
+3|6349
The voting systems needs to be changed around some how.  As of yet I haven't seen any answers that would satisfy me.

pinioncorp wrote:

However, I believe an effective measure for said system is to simply disallow voting by default. That way all those who just ignore kickvotes can be not counted, and therefore the number of votes for the kick to be successful would be lower. Additionally, if the vote is ignored, the number required drops again, as your vote is not counted, as opposed to the default of "no" which it stands at now.
This is problematic because so many people automatically vote yes.  While other people ignore, because they understand that if they ignore it is the same as a no vote.
In other words, too many people would be getting kicked just because 1 person had a problem with another one, and too many people ignored the vote while others quickly vote yes, just to get the writing off of the screen.

Kanil wrote:

Uh, no.

I shouldn't be punished points for not voting because I'm trying my best to avoid that Walker and revive my teammates, and don't notice the vote because I'm too busy playing.
The idea of punishing non voters, ridiculous!  I agree with Kanil!

As for as the original post!  Euthanize vote!  Ridiculous

Last edited by anuban (2007-02-26 23:52:45)

Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6436|Brisbane, Australia
naa a kick vote with a reason in it would make people actually vote, i dont vote because i dont know what is happening half the time.

people just randomly start votes for no reason.

lol iv had a few on me because people accidnetly miss the buddy button and hit vote kick.... and people voted on that   HAHAHAHAHA
psH
Banned
+217|6382|Sydney

pinioncorp wrote:

That is the stupidest idea ever.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6668
Heh.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6721|Eastern PA
Your idea fails gym class.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6668
You all /fail for not noticing that this was clearly a stupid idea by intent.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard