anuban
+3|6369
In the old patch I have played and my rank has been misreported, and while playing I have been awarded badges and ribbons I have already received.

Last night however, I was playing and my rank was reported correctly and in the space of about 2 minutes I was awarded about 5 ribbons and badges I had already received.  So I shut down the game, restarted, went back in and it happened all over again. 

edit* I restarted the game in hopes of correcting the problem.  Obviously the problem wasn't on my end.   At the time, I was trying to get Brigadier General by earning the Valorous Unit Ribbon which is worth 2000 points.  This happened to be the round that this happened on, I almost got the ribbon I had 52 or 53 teamwork points but then the round ended.  So instead of getting Brigadier General in a cool way, I got it unfairly.  I ended that round with 3100ish points which about 3000 came from ribbons & badges I had already received.  And these 3100 points put me over the 57700 points that I needed to get Brigadier.  Kind of anti-climactic for me.

Has this bug happened to anybody else yet?

Last edited by anuban (2007-02-27 01:45:30)

Ryan
+1,230|6861|Alberta, Canada

Did you get bonus points? If so, keep doing it!
And no, I haven't had that. Haven't played 2142 in a month, and I haven't downloaded all 120MB of 1.2 yet.

/waste
Commando
+8|6620
Happened to me once. And yes you keep the points, I wouldnt complain!
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6729|Sweden
i´m not 100 but i think this happened before 1.2 as well. And you do know you can get how many pins you want right? but i guess you wrote that wrong and did´nt mean the pins.
anuban
+3|6369

madmurre wrote:

i´m not 100 but i think this happened before 1.2 as well. And you do know you can get how many pins you want right? but i guess you wrote that wrong and did´nt mean the pins.
Thank you for correcting me madmurre.  I did mean ribbons and badges and not pins. 

As I stated in my post, this bug did happen in the previous patch but in that patch it happened when your rank was misreported.  This time around my rank, unlocks, were correct. (I have known a few people that when they were playing the old patch, found their rank being misreported, were very happy.  Earning free points by getting repeat ribbons and badges was kind of like Christmas.  Now it appears Christmas can happen to anyone at any time!)
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6750|Germany, near Koblenz
Don't bother about beeing General to early or with the "wrong" points, since career points won't interest you any longer.

I can't remember (didn't check it everytime) if any of the different versions of the Private bug went along with the correct rank being displayed, but I recognized that it happened just once after being promoted to General. And this was after 1.2 so you might be correct, that 1.2 had any type of effect on this bug.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6674|UK
mate this has happend to me x2 the 1st time i ended up with 4100 points and the 2nd was around the same, this happned to me in the 1.10, not your fault, its just happens
Sambuccashake
+126|6629|Sweden
It feels a bit cheap when it happens though...
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6638|Mhz

Been going on since the first patch, fortunately it didn't happen to me much til just after I hit Brig General, when I got about 5 Valorous Unit Ribbons in as many rounds, seems to have stopped doing it now.
DJStoney69
+4|6553|New Jersey
Ive notcied though after you reach brig general that it doesnt you dont keep the points. It happened to me once or twice and i didnt get a big boost in my career score. after reaching brig general.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard