USCG Academy8%8% - 4
West Point42%42% - 20
US Military Academy4%4% - 2
Others I might have forgot12%12% - 6
Total: 47
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6651
I was just wondering which academy you guys think is the best and why. Mine is the Air Force Academy because of the way the campus is layed out and the planes on each corner of the yard. And they have their own airfield for gliders.
ssj3barua
+55|6700|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
Go Navy!
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6651
Have you seen Annapolis? It's a pretty good movie and shows what people go through to get to be where they are.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6567
Police Academy

https://allost.ru/img/ost/1867/covf.jpg

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-02-26 16:20:21)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio
Parris Island. )

ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6651

usmarine2007 wrote:

Parris Island. )

Damn, what is that? Marines?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio
sir yes sir
devildogfo
+32|6334|Camp Lejeune
I would pick either MCRD over the academies any day.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

usmarine2007 wrote:

Parris Island. )

reminds me of jail...
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6651

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Parris Island. )

reminds me of jail...
Except way more discipline.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6513|Houston, TX
Stupid poll, really.

They are all very fine institutions, and every one of them would look excellent on a resume.

Oh...and 'West Point' is the United States Military Academy.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

thareaper254 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Parris Island. )

reminds me of jail...
Except way more discipline.
you would be surprised.  More discipline by the drill sergeants maybe.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6651

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Stupid poll, really.

They are all very fine institutions, and every one of them would look excellent on a resume.

I didn't know that until I researched it =\
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio
I will say this about the Academies.  They try and teach you to lead there.  If you go enlisted first, you learn how to lead.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-26 16:28:17)

nonexistentusmc
+26|6456|Queens, NYC
Parris Island hands down I concur. I can proudly say, I graduated from the University of Parris Island. Honestly though, when I was younger, I wanted to go to the USAF Academy, only because my father was a fighter pilot. But all that co-ed junk that led to that sexual assault/harrassment issue a couple of years ago makes the academy/s look bad. I think the USMC is the only branch that separates the gender during basic training. Up til this day, I still don't know where 4th BN hides.

And to KEN JENNINGS, recruit training can be fun as long as you do what you're told to do and when you're told to do it. That's Phase I in the video that was posted. During Phase II and III they reduce the yelling and focus on the teamwork work, cept for my Platoon, no teamwork there, so during Phase III, we still had unbloused boots. SDI never thought we deserved bloused boots.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Up til this day, I still don't know where 4th BN hides.
Across from Burger King sort of.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Stupid poll, really.

Agreed.
Apples and oranges.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6456|Queens, NYC

usmarine2007 wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Must be deep into the Island. I wonder if we passed through there during the moto run. I know we passed the DI school, I think.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio

nonexistentusmc wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Must be deep into the Island. I wonder if we passed through there during the moto run. I know we passed the DI school, I think.
You know where you take your personal picture at?  If you go about 500 yards opposite the direction of the parade deck, it is right around there.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

nonexistentusmc wrote:

And to KEN JENNINGS, recruit training can be fun as long as you do what you're told to do and when you're told to do it. That's Phase I in the video that was posted. During Phase II and III they reduce the yelling and focus on the teamwork work, cept for my Platoon, no teamwork there, so during Phase III, we still had unbloused boots. SDI never thought we deserved bloused boots.
Oh I know, although my brother was at the MCRD in San Diego, he still told me about all the fun shit that he got to do.  He also told me about all the asinine shit that he had to do, like pick pebbles and small gravel out of the grass in front of his barracks.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6456|Queens, NYC

usmarine2007 wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

You know where you take your personal picture at?  If you go about 500 yards opposite the direction of the parade deck, it is right around there.
Yep, got a general idea of it now. I remember seeing a light colored spacious barracks. Double decker only I think it was, is that it? I can't believe we're talking about 4 BN. LOL.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio

nonexistentusmc wrote:

I can't believe we're talking about 4 BN. LOL.
No matter where I am, I always try to find the snapper.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

thareaper254 wrote:

I was just wondering which academy you guys think is the best and why. Mine is the Air Force Academy because of the way the campus is layed out and the planes on each corner of the yard. And they have their own airfield for gliders.
Oh come on. You know all your answers are going to be biased.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6456|Queens, NYC

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Oh I know, although my brother was at the MCRD in San Diego, he still told me about all the fun shit that he got to do.  He also told me about all the asinine shit that he had to do, like pick pebbles and small gravel out of the grass in front of his barracks.
Man, my platoon had to scrub the 3rd BN parade deck, with a scrub brush. It's this little hand brush we use to wash and scrub the floor, along with the scuzz(SP?) towels. So that pebble thing isn't that bad, that's usually part of a field day(cleaning day) or general morning police call. And it doesn't even stop there, when I was in 29 Palms for MOS school, this NCO made all the new Marines rake the desert sand in the middle of the PFT field. I mean WTF?! It's in the middle of nowhere, whos gon see it?! It's stupid, but it's a discipline thing I guess.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6456|Queens, NYC

usmarine2007 wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

I can't believe we're talking about 4 BN. LOL.
No matter where I am, I always try to find the snapper.
LOL reminds me for that whole week I was in EHP in the Support Training barracks. We can actually see the female recruits in the showers and getting dressed in their squadbay. I hope there's no WM's or DI's looking at this thread. LMAO. Parris Island def is the SH!T. MCRD SD has nothin on that. =x

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard