Djbrown
+129|6467|Adelaide, Aussieland
Now ive been saying for a long time joystick is far better than M&k for flying jets but after getting owned by some m&k using pilots and watching flyfighters vid im just wondering what are the specific differences? i mean i know joystick is better for turning multiples circles but apparently m&k is better for using the MG's?

Anyway i decided to fraps a quick round of fushe pass showing how i play normally. what i wanna know is by watching this, could anyone notice me doing anything i couldnt have done with an M&k. (accuracy with guns for example)

I know this is kinda pointless but if how i play could be done with M&k i might just have to change the way i think about this.

hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6735|mansfield
very good
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6373|dm_maidenhead
You seem very successful with joystick.
Just stick with what your good at.

Last edited by petermassingale (2007-02-03 10:09:34)

OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6286|Newcastle UK
Im good with the mouse and key and there is only one advantage to using a joy and it is being able to adjust quicker when bombing or taking down helicopters THAT IS THE ONLY ONE to the several ones of picking a joystick.
Spiers.ckz
+10|6499
just play with what u like ... i play with joystick too ... and i can minigun just fine..

love the sound in that clip
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6485|montreal, quebec

i think that video has been edited a bit.

first, you never see him reload. quite obvious isnt.  second, i could play 10-15 hours in a map like fushe pass, record myself with fraps and make a video  similar to yours just by taking my very best shots. taking down  attack chopters is quite easy if you know how to piss them off, its just a maner of skills  and practice. third and none the less, its just too easy with j-10. i dare you to make a 3min video of you owning with f-35b.

besides all that,  yes you look good in j-10 and stick with the joystick, not enough buttons on the mouse anyway.

Last edited by PvtStPoK (2007-02-05 14:27:37)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

teach me!
Djbrown

PvtStPoK wrote:

i think that video has been edited a bit.

first, you never see him reload. quite obvious isnt.  second, i could play 10-15 hours in a map like fushe pass, record myself with fraps and make a video  similar to yours just by taking my very best shots. taking down  attack chopters is quite easy if you know how to piss them off, its just a maner of skills  and practice. third and none the less, its just too easy with j-10. i dare you to make a 3min video of you owning with f-35b.

besides all that,  yes you look good in j-10 and stick with the joystick, not enough buttons on the mouse anyway.
nah it was one round, i could have easily put more shots in but i only wanted to make it less than 3 minutes. lol if you want to see ownage with f35s ive got plenty of videos of that on youtube.

remember i just wanted to know did i do anything in that vid that a mouse and keyboard user couldnt do?

Last edited by Djbrown (2007-02-05 17:59:41)

JAyThaRevo
+31|6257|Austria
just another J10 n@@b sry
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6610
from what I've seen of djbrown he's pretty good, check out his bombing video, he'd own you anyday jay. I used a m&k and hated it because there's not much you can do, with a joystick you can dive really steep and pull up fast, but with a m&k you can't casue you'll crash. Plus, with m&k it's harder to gun I think.
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6499|stalker.
Can someone send me that link to the f35 video then? IM BORED.
HSG
+23|6444|British Columbia, Canada
Dude i do the same with mouse..... evrything is the same mabye better turning by like 1% and mouse is better for mg ppl like mailman, 3rdname, gibster,aka the best avaitors use mouse.

Last edited by HSG (2007-02-09 17:41:53)

Djbrown

HSG wrote:

Dude i do the same with mouse..... evrything is the same mabye better turning by like 1% and mouse is better for mg ppl like mailman, 3rdname, gibster,aka the best avaitors use mouse.
yay thanks you get karma for first person to respond directly to my question.
park226
+2|6242
nice flying, i watch and enjoy your videos. i must say i switched to a joystick, and my k/d ratio went down. i was at 4:1 with m/k when aviator. i may go back to m/k and see if it's "better" *shrug*
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6625|Westminster, Colorado
I started flying with a Joy and could never line up ground targets.  I was just ok at bombing, but could dogfight better.  I tried the M&KB for a couple days and found that I was much more effective against the ground, but was getting shot down with more regularity. 

I might have to try joy again and see if I can get a better mix of the two.
SteikeTa
+153|6718|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Joystick is better for a constant turn. But all in all, I like using the mouse and keyboard. Never got the hang of  the joystick
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
control

newbs/average pilots won't noticed much of a difference but its there and its necessary

feel

feels like youre actually flying

more control

you can actually use the throttle effectively

even more control

you can have individual buttons for each function (camera) easily. Important

more satisfying

to pull the trigger
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6622|The Netherlands
i fly with k&m but i have a stick. the reason why i dont use the stick is that i cant aim the mg that good as with the mouse.
further i can turn the same turns with my mouse then i can with my stick.

the only + there is for the stick = trigger i love the trigger

this is my opinion.
so you may flame me but i dont freakn care
peace
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6441|NY

SargeV1.4 wrote:

control

newbs/average pilots won't noticed much of a difference but its there and its necessary

feel

feels like youre actually flying

more control

you can actually use the throttle effectively

even more control

you can have individual buttons for each function (camera) easily. Important

more satisfying

to pull the trigger
agreed.

stick with what you've proven to be good at.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6716

SargeV1.4 wrote:

more satisfying

to pull the trigger
Absolutely agree! Put some tunes on and MG some nubs is great stress relief.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard