unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Where's the picture of him holding it? Statue with a statue...I will laugh forever.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6679|Canberra, AUS
Good film, important film.

But I don't think it was Oscar-worthy.

EDIT: Why do I always type [/n] instead of /b ?

Last edited by Spark (2007-02-25 23:57:38)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Spark wrote:

[b]Good film, important film.

But I don't think it was Oscar-worthy.
If he fell off that lift he kept using to point at his giant graphs, I'd grant that an Oscar.
PureFodder
+225|6290
Why are people surprised that this won oscar for best documentary feature. I've not even heard of the other films nominated in this category.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6560
Still haven't seen it. I've heard it's pretty good though.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6689|United States of America
It's not like there was much competition in the documentary field. Let's put Super Size Me back into the fray.
Sir Killa4live
+12|6651
You people are only talking about warming.
Forgot about the big smog clouds in cities, try breathing that in.
I think that is a bigger danger for our generation, because as said, the warming is part of a cycle.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6666|USA

Smithereener wrote:

I turned on the TV to see what was on, and right when I turned to Channel 7, I heard, "And the Oscar goes to... " and then saw Al Gore and the director walk up. Then I turned the TV off.

I dunno, I really don't think he should've gotten an Oscar for that.
There were other nominees for best documentary. Which do you think should have won?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6666|USA

DesertFox423 wrote:

It's not like there was much competition in the documentary field. Let's put Super Size Me back into the fray.
You didn't like the two Iraq doc's?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6523|Πάϊ

Kmarion wrote:

The movie was good and informative. I could have did without the "I used to be the next president remarks". That doesn't mean I discount the science, or the over 2,500 scientist from this most recent in depth study. I don't like Al Gore personally but he is a very good speaker.
I don't like Gore either and I never expected this movie to be any good. But it was, surprisingly... So aside from the irony Stingray mentions in the OP, I say its a good effort overall and it probably (haven't seen the competition) deserves the award.
ƒ³
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6371|Columbus, Ohio
Imagine that.  Hollywood voting for Al Gore.  And the fact they think his film is so important, yet show up in private jets and limos, buy dresses that cost a quarter million dollars, and even Victoria's Secret gave diamond bras to the female winners.......

Ya, they care.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6744
Great film and a well deserved Oscar.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6449|The Land of Scott Walker

usmarine2007 wrote:

Imagine that.  Hollywood voting for Al Gore.  And the fact they think his film is so important, yet show up in private jets and limos, buy dresses that cost a quarter million dollars, and even Victoria's Secret gave diamond bras to the female winners.......

Ya, they care.
Maybe those diamonds will reflect some of the sunlight back into space and reduce the warming a bit.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6371|Columbus, Ohio

Stingray24 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Ya, they care.
Maybe those diamonds will reflect some of the sunlight back into space and reduce the warming a bit.
Or maybe they were mined in the other Hollywood flavor of the month Africa, where they kill people just to get those diamonds.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-26 06:06:37)

silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6426|San Antonio, TX
This was up for documentary!?  I thought it would have been in the fiction categories...

For those younguns that weren't around... I will never trust a Gore.  See I grew up in the 80's when Tipper was on her rampage and was trying to get the Government to tell us what music we should be able to listen to.  They thought they should be able to ban certain words from albums (check out "My Posse" by Anthrax).  Rock and Rap were on trial because this wack job didn't agree with our choice of music.  Fortunately Dee Snider (Twisted Sister) stepped up and represented and they came to a compromise.

So remember to thank the Gore's next time mom and dad won't buy/let you buy a CD because it has that "Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics" label.

Gore = Lose = Censor
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6533|Global Command
The Oscars.

Isn't that the show where a bunch of over paid self absorbed pricks sit around handing out prizes to each other?

It rather have a rusty pole shoved up my ass than watch that shit.

Al Gore on the Oscars?

Kill me now.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6666|USA

ATG wrote:

The Oscars.

Isn't that the show where a bunch of over paid self absorbed pricks sit around handing out prizes to each other?
Sounds alot like the 109th Congress.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6632|IRELAND

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

ATG wrote:

The Oscars.

Sounds alot like the 109th Congress.
Dam you beat me to it.
13rin
+977|6483
I personally like this one better.

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6371|Columbus, Ohio

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I personally like this one better.

I agree.  This IS Oscar worthy.  I have never seen this before, yet I have been saying this for a while now.  Seems to fall on deaf ears.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6542|Long Island, New York
Okay so yeah, Al Gore isn't the most honest person to pretty much head the entire global warming effort. And by flying in a private jet he's also not helping it either. But he's also actually trying to get the MAJORITY OF PEOPLE to stop putting so much Co2 into the air.

As i've said before...why risk it that it's not "natural"? Wouldn't you rather it (your taxpaying money) go into an almost proven theory then a war that's basically another vietnam?

If not...well, that's just sad.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6666|USA

Poseidon wrote:

Okay so yeah, Al Gore isn't the most honest person to pretty much head the entire global warming effort. And by flying in a private jet he's also not helping it either. But he's also actually trying to get the MAJORITY OF PEOPLE to stop putting so much Co2 into the air.

As i've said before...why risk it that it's not "natural"? Wouldn't you rather it (your taxpaying money) go into an almost proven theory then a war that's basically another vietnam?

If not...well, that's just sad.
No one makes as much money off of Global Warming as they do War.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6586|SE London

Blehm98 wrote:

yep.  The sun's solar output has increased recently, along with the natually varying climate of the earth.  It has long been known that the earth was quite a bit hotter than it is right now a couple hundred million years ago
That simply isn't true. There was a theory almost a decade ago that solar fluctuations may be having an effect on the Earths climate, but this has been comprehensively disproven.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6814|Nårvei

Great movie, well deserved Oscar

The ones that watch this picture and still doesn`t understand what its all about fail miserably, the ones that have yet to watch it live in total ignorance to what global warming is all about.

The proof is overwhelming and cant be dismissed just because you don't like Al Gore or because of one witty comment he made in the start of the movie !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6371|Columbus, Ohio
No Varegg, I think you miss what some of us are saying.  Some of us have a problem with the "do as I say, not as I do" BS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard