Jingotsu
+0|6753|Ontario, Canada
He's new at Bf2 and he lives just down the street from me. He has the recent patch and all the minimum requirements. When ever he plays on a server, he gets kicked after about five minutes (or some times less) for this reason:

PunkBuster Kicked for Unauthorized O/S

Help me help him!
Johnny_Quicksilver
+4|6730
whats the o/s stand for?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6813|AUS, Canberra
operating system.

you didnt install your game on his comp did you?

what operating system has he got?
Russian_Warrior
+0|6775
lol, i'm pretty sure that he doesn't know either :-P  if i was to take a guess? O/S typically means Operating System! Lol, my guess is, he's using a different one than he's joining??? Notice, I wrote "my guess is"....key word, guess. I don't know for sure. Just trying to help :-/
Russian_Warrior
+0|6775
Ooops, someone posted before me, haha. I hit reply, and then went to another page on a different window, came back to answer, and realized there was an answer! Sorry
Jingotsu
+0|6753|Ontario, Canada
Okay, I've got my OWN game on my OWN computer. -.-
He's having problems with his, and the reason he's asked me is 'cause I tell him I kick ass on Bf2 (which I do).

His system spec's are:

RAM: 620 MB
Graphics Card: ATi Radeon 9,600

That's all I know.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6756|Norway
Why not introduce your friend to these wonderful forum-pages, then maybe people can help him as he's sitting infront of his comp?
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6763|The Netherlands
I ve seen that punkbuster message before and i think he needs to try and update pb manually. Check the evenbalance site's faq.

Punkbuster is suppose to autoupdate but in some cases it wont and you have to do it manually to fix the problem. I hope that helps.
Jingotsu
+0|6753|Ontario, Canada
Thank you, and I will. He's still new and when I was new on these forums I was yelled at quite a bit on posts I've now deleted.
oberst_enzian
+234|6785|melb.au
is this friend of yours the same "friend" who has trouble with girls, and the "friend' that once had an accident with a shampoo bottle?

so, there's this friend of mine right, who has this problem...

no, seriously, there's another thread in here somewhere, where someone else had this problem, and there were some other suggetions in there.
Jingotsu
+0|6753|Ontario, Canada
Uhh, no my friend's never had those problems. His name is Alex, mine's Damian.
oberst_enzian
+234|6785|melb.au
sorry Damian, i was just commenting on the fact that your thread started like an old joke... nevermind.
BudRell
+2|6880|Home
Uhh...are you the same Damian that got "forever"-ban for COD2 ?....from cheating...
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6759
it might be that he needs to be an administrator of the comp hes using... not just a user...
also might be a firewall issue... or PB not updating... PB sucks btw          CB
Love is the answer
Bacon_Bazooka
+0|6751|Chester
If the message is "Insufficient Operating System Priviledges" or something like that ... then he needs to be an Administrator on the machine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard