HellGuard99
+2|6494
I think that an account can be only attached 1 cd key
and I cant play my disc one so I purchased the downloaded version of EA Link
will my old account work w/ the EA link purchased one?
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6611|Minnesota
It should not matter which cd or download you play from.  I played using my friends account to check out one of his new unlocks and I used my computer and cd.  That was on BF2 though, but it should work on 2142.

Last edited by viper313 (2007-02-24 18:10:09)

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6731|Internet!

viper313 wrote:

That was on BF2 though, but it should work on 2142.
*cough*

Anyway, using one account on two CD keys will probably be less problematic than trying to use two accounts on one CD key.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6639

HellGuard99 wrote:

I think that an account can be only attached 1 cd key
and I cant play my disc one so I purchased the downloaded version of EA Link
will my old account work w/ the EA link purchased one?
Yes.
kachunkachunk
+8|6359|Ontario
You probably didn't have to go and buy the whole game again, but yes, you'll be able to play just fine. You technically have two playable accounts now, so maybe you can give it to a friend who successfully gets the game going without a CD (so far, I don't so, as I haven't seen any working mini-images).

On that subject: You can probably get a replacement CD by proving you own it. I've seen it done, but how varies between publishers. Most of the time it involves mailing your play CD and manual in, and they send you a replacement for free (not counting shipping/postage costs). Some other places do things a little more easily and may just need an unedited image/photo. This same process goes with some CD key related problems.

And I know, Starforce is the work of the devil and completely unrelated to BF2142, but with them, you can even request an unprotected executable that works with only your disc key / installation, if your game cannot start with your legitimate game media. Kinda cool of them, if you ask me.
Still, I hate that intrusive protection and don't want to see it ever again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard