[Hive]-Twist
+13|6381
I am considering buying 2142 because Im getting slightly bored with bf2, packing 400+ hours.

Is bf2142 completely dominated my vehicles? Or are there urban settings or maybe infantry only?
When you get unlocks, I understand it is per kit. Yet if you unlock a couple for, say, recon, then decide to go engineer, would you have to wait a long time? (Ex. First Sergeant in bf2, picks unlocks, realises he needs something else. Has to wait to Sergeant Major.)

Are there as many lamers in 2142 as in bf2? (Nade spam, g36ers, etc.)

How long does it take to get to general? Does it take as long as in bf2? If not, compare to a bf2 rank.

Thanks
Des.Kmal
+917|6634|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
1. no 2142 city maps have 2 vehicles... total. lol, 1 walker and 1 car. yes, city maps.
2. unlocks are the way theyre percieved.
3. lamers? fail. the only prob is voss, which isnt that hard to kill tbh, just annoying. it has little to no recoil and has 40 bullets. its hte g36e on full auto.

4. idk, havent got general yet.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
fasty77killa
+2|6543|Omaha NE
get it is a nice break from bf2
love the way they have the game set up
it is a lot of fun

top 50 in US 2142 Gunship
ZCaliber
+12|6527|Between Canada and Iowa

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

I am considering buying 2142 because Im getting slightly bored with bf2, packing 400+ hours.

Is bf2142 completely dominated my vehicles? Or are there urban settings or maybe infantry only?
When you get unlocks, I understand it is per kit. Yet if you unlock a couple for, say, recon, then decide to go engineer, would you have to wait a long time? (Ex. First Sergeant in bf2, picks unlocks, realises he needs something else. Has to wait to Sergeant Major.)

Are there as many lamers in 2142 as in bf2? (Nade spam, g36ers, etc.)

How long does it take to get to general? Does it take as long as in bf2? If not, compare to a bf2 rank.

Thanks
Infantry is balanced with vehicles... Granted Walkers are easily one of the hardest vehicles to take down, but it can be done with a few well-placed shots. There are a few infantry-oriented maps, which seems to be the only reason Conquest even exists in comparison to the popularity of Titan.

Unlocks, a few are essential, but are usually those are 1st tier unlocks (For example, the Defibs will take up a perminant spot on your load-out in assault.). Generally, you rank up quick enough to get unlocks are a brisk pace.

Lamers are unavoidable. Nade spam, especially in Titan hallways. G36'ers in 2142 have the Voss. Claywhoring is prevailant, but they can be circumvented and even defused if you take the time to be careful (Get used to turning a corner while crouched.)

As for me, i've put in about 180 hours and i'm 3 ranks away from General. A friend of mine is getting close to me in about 130 hours. Awards really help with ranking up quickly.

All in all, if you liked BF2, even marginally, but hated the whorage, you'll enjoy 2142. Granted 2142 has a different 'breed' of whorage to BF2, unlike in BF2 you won't have to worry too much about a few dominating players owning you over and over again simply because they got to a certain vehicle...

Well... Maybe the Titan ground cannons... But as annoying as those are, they're nothing when compared to BF2 jets.

Escuse my mispellings... I haven't slep in a day and a half... @_@

Last edited by ZCaliber (2007-02-24 17:07:46)

psH
Banned
+217|6399|Sydney
Not really, i don't find any weapon related to the 6e that much, MAYBE the Voss, but like Kmal said, its quite easy to take em out if you see em first.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6381
Sweet. Ill pick it up if I have money left over from buying my RC.

See you on the battlefield...
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6808
There are a few maps where vehicles are not completely overpowering  but there is no infantry only mode.

There are 40 unlocks in bf2142, not counting what's coming with Northern Strike - two trees of four unlocks for each kit (recon, engineer, support and assault) plus five personal unlocks and three squad leader unlocks.

Each new rank grants you an extra permanent unlock.  Also, you can achieve temporary unlocks through scoring  teamwork points in-game.  If you're averagely skilled, you could reasonably expect to unlock everything within 200 hours of gameplay.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard