Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6245|Outside your Back window
Ok first, this is not a dig at china, also please excuse the 'worried' kinda sounds sarcastic.

My main objective is to see if someone can clear up my final point at the end of this post.

I've started this thread because i have been hearing alot about China these last few months on the news and i've done a bit of research on the country itself.

I first start noticing China in the new a few months ago when i hear that their population is going to be one of the largest populations in the world in a few more years, so i thought nothing of that. I then look them up on wikipedia and find this:

'The People's Liberation Army (PLA), with its 2.25 million active troops, is currently the largest military in the world.  The PLA consists of an army, navy, air force, and strategic nuclear force. The official budget of the PLA for 2005 is $30 billion and non-official budget $90 billion, possibly excluding foreign weapons purchases, military research and development, and the People's Armed Police, a paramilitary force.'

Now that is crazy, but the thing that got me was that i was hearing that they were starting to look active and that they were possibly getting ready for an invasion of a small island off the coast (if anyone could clear that up i would like to know) I also saw on the news that a rocket was launched to destroy a satalite in space by China, now the satalite was chinese i know but the fact is that China now have that capability to do such things.

It poses a question as to why China, U.S, Russia, Uk, Korea, Infact every country needs to have an arms race and create all these nuclear and fancy weapons. Its as if we are all on edge that one country is about to attack another.

The other bit of information i heard was that if China decide to attack this Island then Mr Bush or one of his merry men said that they would defend this island against China!!!! Now i don't know about you but that spells war to me. And not a small war either, super power against super power. I really hope this is just the news talking bullshit or taking things out of context but that is why i am worried.

P.s. Yes i know i should not believe everything i hear in the news, but its hard not to think what could happen.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6445|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
DUDE CHINA HAS THE LARGEST POPULATION IN THE WORLD!!  1.4 billion people.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
FYI - the island is Taiwan. And the US won't do jackshit if China invades.
brome
brap.
+244|6558|Accidental, TK

ELITE-UK wrote:

the caps lock button is your friend.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back

brome wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

the caps lock button is your friend.
i just come off BF2, and i forgot to turn the caps lock off ok
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6473|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

ELITE-UK wrote:

and counting...
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

and counting...
Not really, chinese population will steady out and grow little in terms of its size, BUT india with about 1.1 billion people will take over china soon because its population is rising faster than that of the chinese population.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6542|USA
i should hope that doesn't happen.

if it does, we're going to have a fucking draft.

i want to play bf2, not live it.
BVC
+325|6666
China is interesting.  Not to be taken too seriously, but not to be underestimated.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command

CameronPoe wrote:

FYI - the island is Taiwan. And the US won't do jackshit if China invades.
They have said as much, reversing 20 years of american policy.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
What?  Last I heard Bush said on TV that if China made a move the US would step in.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6763
Step in and do what?  Without starting a global war, there's nothing the US could do except watch and if a global war started, well my money's on the red team.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6424|Ontario, Canada
u.s. cant do anything
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6245|Outside your Back window

Bubbalo wrote:

What?  Last I heard Bush said on TV that if China made a move the US would step in.
yea thats what i heard. Could be bad news for everyone.
Commie Killer
+192|6358
We really need another organization such as NATO set up(if Im not mistaken countries that are not part of Europe((Turkey excluded)) are not aloud to join NATO) that would allow nations from all over the world to join, such as South Korea(Republic of Korea), Taiwan(Republic of China) and others. Maybe changing the regulations for joining would be ok, though the name NATO wouldnt make much sense then.
herrr_smity
+156|6598|space command ur anus

they are coming quick hide the dogs and the cats
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
Oh shit. I'll be doomed :*( But I would doubt China would attack, last time they sent a carrier group when China was threatening to attack.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon
nows the time for everyone to thank mao for his contribution to the world.....oh, and the fact that he liked 12 year old girls.....what a great guy. GG chairman asshat, your countrymen STILL dont like the way the country is ran.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6602|New Hampshire, USA
Cant we all just be friends?

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Cant we all just be friends?

Yes we can.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Da_Killer_NoooooooB
Bloom County Bound!
+5|6533|San Diego MCRD Plt# 3027
Ace.O.Lamb: Read Robert Anson Heinlien - Sixth Column when you get a chance, you might find it interesting. Sci-Fi, but strongly tied to what you fear

cyborg_ninja-117: Dude, when the shit hits the fan you can come live in my basement- we've got a cable modem , beer fridge, & a spare bedroom down there.....

I guess the bright side to all this is I really like Chinese food.......
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Neither China nor the United States can afford a war with each other. Their economies are too intertwined.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Crazy-Madness
+8|6455
w00t 1.4 billion people now??   look    killing  1 billion chinese  and  its still a lot

If you kill 1 chinese in war  10 no 100.. 1000 other chinese will come

That means you need a super-rig if you  shoot  100 chinese
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina
China is more threatening in an economic sense than in a military one.  We depend too much on their trade, while they use our money to buy up countries like Brazil.

Again, they won't attack Taiwan, because we would definitely retaliate.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire
America can't do anything, it would be like cutting it's nose off to spite it's face. They have nukes and a superb and rather large army, we're not talking about "a bunch of towel heads trying to find reverse in a Russian tank"*; war with China would be game over! China aren't stupid though they won't do anything that will incur the wrath of the US, it would all be defused before anything disastrous happened.

*Walter Sobchak ('The Big Lebowski')

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard