Fen321
+54|6508|Singularity

Stingray24 wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Untill the kids 'the believers' realize, moms not gunna spank me, shes all talk, but ive never gotten a spanking no matter what i do.

Now, the sooner you come to the conclusion that your 'mom' will NEVER actually spank you, then the sooner you can live a full, fun, life. To the limits of the law that is
Ah, so you've died and reviewed the afterlife, which enabled you to come to the conclusion that the "spanking" will never come?  Interesting. 

For anyone who is genuinely interested: everyone does not equal God and everyone is not going to Heaven.  Read more in the book of Romans for further explanation.
Why doesn't everyone = God?

Is a democracy in the kingdom of heaven frowned upon lol, seriously this is one of the things that confuse the hell out of me

universe =monarch

Form of government we like to tout as the best = democracy

Oddly enough democracy has its roots in Christianity once the individual started to actually play a part in what was being dictated to him/her from the bible.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6660

ncc6206 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Ok Jesus was a man. I can prove this. He was just working on my garden for 2 dollars an hour.
I can't believe no one is getting your joke or that they don't care to comment on it.  They must not have a Jesus living in their neighborhood.
He posts it every single religious debate... It isn't even that funny.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6456|The Land of Scott Walker
When you answer my question, I'll answer yours, Fen.
Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California
I find it funny that Atheists spend so much time debating God.

If you don't believe He exists, simply go on about your life. Why let pesky little Christians bug you? I don't believe in the tooth fairy, so why would I spend countless hours debating it?

Anyhow, we'll all see who is right in the end.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6592|SE London

Erkut.hv wrote:

I find it funny that Atheists spend so much time debating God.

If you don't believe He exists, simply go on about your life. Why let pesky little Christians bug you? I don't believe in the tooth fairy, so why would I spend countless hours debating it?
If people who believed in the tooth fairy had substantial global influence then I'd be against that too. What I object to is policy being made based on mythological stories.

It's not the fact people believe in god that bothers me, it's people in power exerting influence over billions of people based upon religion.
=*RSA*=SiKFuK_187
+14|6361
It's a beautiful story but without any proof whatsoever... FAILURE!

Next post, plz.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6490

=*RSA*=SiKFuK_187 wrote:

Next post, plz.
So is the "theory" of Evolution.... next post!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK

ncc6206 wrote:

=*RSA*=SiKFuK_187 wrote:

Next post, plz.
Are you actually kidding me? The theory of Evolution has TONS of evidence.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6466|The edge of sanity
There is no "proof" to speak of from that segment. It seems that you have jumped the gun on your analysis and should rethink or re-watch the segment in order to understand that what you have is just a story of people whom have lived during the time of Jesus Christ. This, if you wish, can partially be taken as a non-biased view as i, myself do not believe in Jesus Christ as the messiah but as a person whom lived during the roman rule of Canaan
Fen321
+54|6508|Singularity

Stingray24 wrote:

When you answer my question, I'll answer yours, Fen.
What is the question, i must have missed it :S.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6536|South Florida

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Before this universe was created, there was another.  After who knows how many billions of years, gravity pulled that universe together into an enormous black hole, which eventually exploded, like all black holes do.  That created this universe (actually, I'm not sure if it was on a universal or galactical scale), and when the universe stops expanding, it will slowly come back together, and happen again, making all our worldy advancements for naught.  THAT is a solid theory.  Simply believing God did it is ignorant.  This bullshit was spoon-fed to people hundreds of years ago.  Your believing stories from a book that was most likely written in an opium den for Christ's sake.  They were HIGH, just like you.

As for life, a solid theory is we all crawled out of some symbiotic soup millions of years ago.  It's more believable than "magic."
Hey hey hey hey hey!!!
Im an Amatuer Astrophysicist, (lol i know wrong spelling, whatever)
And
A. Black holes dont explode, they do end when they run out of food for billions of years, its the supernova that explodes/implodes.
B. The universe is actually expanding at an increasingly fast rate, so if your second statement was true, it would be at an even/slowing pace, but rather, its getting faster as it expands.
'Fraid not.  It's slowing down.
Proof?
15 more years! 15 more years!
Fen321
+54|6508|Singularity

ncc6206 wrote:

=*RSA*=SiKFuK_187 wrote:

Next post, plz.
Theory implies being able to stand empirical tests time and time again and proving predictions correct....

Hypothesis though which is the term i believe you are trying to imply simply is an opinion of a believed event that will come to pass or how YOU THINK things will turn out in a given situation.

Honestly, we some how get evolution thrown into the mix but honest to god you have to live in a very sheltered society to think its just hocus pocus.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6536|South Florida
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_a … 0210c.html

Proof from the NASA website that the Universe is indeed expanding.
Thanks for playing "Challenge the Astrophysicist"
Come back soon
Ratzinger
+43|6402|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

zeidmaan wrote:

OH nooooes I can feel my faith leaving me...... noooooooooooooooooo...... so much well thought of comments here noooooo...... such inteligent reasoning nooooooo..... faaaaaith........

Can science tell me do the trees in the forest make any sound when no one is listening or monitoring in any way ?
Aw fuck; the nature of faith is such that no reasoning will undo it.

Why?

Cos its based on anti-logic in the first place. If I attempt to prove the existence or non-existence of God then I have no real facts to commence my reasoning. I must CHOOSE to either believe or not, based on the available data.

However, if I attempt to prove, say, gravity, there are many things I can do which help PROVE that gravity exists, which essentially consists of testing in many different ways to show it is always the same.

Since there is no way to prove God exists, and I CHOOSE to believe, then I am making a choice from a "gut feeling" or instinct, and I will defend that decision merely because it is my decision.

So don't blame the God-botherers, they're stuck with their decision. They've now invested so much of their lives in their belief that to reject it now means so many wasted years, so they must cling to the slim possibility that they will recieve some "reward" for their intransigence.

Just smile, nod, and walk away very quickly, before they need to express their frustration in an orgy of "help save the sinners" violence with the guns and the shooting and stabbing, mwa-hey
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6536|South Florida

Ratzinger wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

OH nooooes I can feel my faith leaving me...... noooooooooooooooooo...... so much well thought of comments here noooooo...... such inteligent reasoning nooooooo..... faaaaaith........

Can science tell me do the trees in the forest make any sound when no one is listening or monitoring in any way ?

Why?

Cos its based on anti-logic in the first place. If I attempt to prove the existence or non-existence of God then I have no real facts to commence my reasoning. I must CHOOSE to either believe or not, based on the available data.

However, if I attempt to prove, say, gravity, there are many things I can do which help PROVE that gravity exists, which essentially consists of testing in many different ways to show it is always the same.

Since there is no way to prove God exists, and I CHOOSE to believe, then I am making a choice from a "gut feeling" or instinct, and I will defend that decision merely because it is my decision.

So don't blame the God-botherers, they're stuck with their decision. They've now invested so much of their lives in their belief that to reject it now means so many wasted years, so they must cling to the slim possibility that they will recieve some "reward" for their intransigence.

Just smile, nod, and walk away very quickly, before they need to express their frustration in an orgy of "help save the sinners" violence with the guns and the shooting and stabbing, mwa-hey
Interestingly said
Archer
rapes face
+161|6434|Canuckistan
lol, hoax
Ratzinger

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Ratzinger wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Why?

Interestingly said
Interesting enough to make you think about it?

Housewife amoeba to husband amoeba sitting on couch - "Stimulus, response, stimulus, response, don't you ever think?!?" - Gary Larson
psH
Banned
+217|6394|Sydney
Jesus is your friend.
Ratzinger

Doms wrote:

Jesus is your friend.
You ain't gonna like this, but I reckon he's done FUCK-ALL for me....
KO
Banned
+31|6554|New Jersey
Get that shit out of here.  Jesus was both man and divine and never had a son. Its posted on a jewish, probably jewish radicals, website and they are just trying to prove that their religion is more realistic than other religions.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6629|InGerLand

topal63 wrote:

There is NO archaeological proof of Christ - period (NONE EXISTS or HAS EVER BEEN FOUND and WILL NEVER BE FOUND).
well there probably has, but how would you know you had found Jesus bones? I mean he isn't going to have his name engraved on them is he
also what arcaelogical proof do you want? he isn't going to have a gravestone if the bible is right since he left his cave and wandered around somewhere after he was crucified
There has been a little proof he existed, but non that proves he was the son of God or any of that stuff
no or little archaelogical proof doesn't really prove anything
Ratzinger

KO wrote:

Get that shit out of here.  Jesus was both man and divine and never had a son. Its posted on a jewish, probably jewish radicals, website and they are just trying to prove that their religion is more realistic than other religions.
Trying to prove that their delusion is more "realistic" than your delusion....
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire
I've seen and read many things on this topic over the years and it is my personal belief that Jesus Christ was a man, a great man ...a revolutionary in his time but a man nevertheless. Think about how our media spin things in this day and age even when we have more access than ever to multiple versions of accounts (via the web and opposing news services etc.) ...well imagine the level to which things could have been hyped and twisted back in an age when mankind was still highly superstitious; add to that years and years of translation and inevitable mis-translation and you have a great man elevated to the status of a God.
arson
+99|6647|New York

topal63 wrote:

[EVieira], did you read the article?

From the article:
... "It's a beautiful story but without any proof whatsoever," Professor Amos Kloner, who had published the findings of his research in the Israeli periodical Atigot in 1996, told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa Friday.

"The names that are found on the tombs are names that are similar to the names of the family of Jesus," he conceded.

"But those were the most common names found among Jews in the first centuries BCE and CE"...
There is NO archaeological proof of Christ - period (NONE EXISTS or HAS EVER BEEN FOUND and WILL NEVER BE FOUND).

There is NO historical proof of Christ - period (excepting an errant attempt to interpolate chrestus; in Tacitus; and a known FORGERY inserted into Josephus's Antiquities... both which even if were TRUE; are not contemporaneous accounts; they would BE after the FACT hearsay).

The article and evidence demonstrate that someone (a nobody; an anybody; non-specific; unknown person) died... and that that person had a Jewish name. Nothing more.

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Did you read the article?

... "It's a beautiful story but without any proof whatsoever," Professor Amos Kloner, who had published the findings of his research in the Israeli periodical Atigot in 1996, told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa Friday.
PIFFFF!!!!!!! The bible is a beautiful story but has even less proof!
What is the point of a quote (from the Article) utterly out of context... ?

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

You god-goers are .... blah fucking blah... /RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does your pointless RANT have to do with the ERRANT conclusions of the documentary contained in the article?

The documentary (in the article) is as DOPEY  - as thinking "The DaVinci Code" (a fiction) - has historical merit. Jesus is shrouded in myth... all extrapolations thereof are just myth about myth... the documentary is nothing new - it is just more myth making.

From the article:
..."translated into English - included the names "Jesus son of Joseph," twice "Maria," and "Judah son of Jesus."...
Jesus (Latin from the Greek) - might be either the (Greek name mangle of the) Jewish Name: Yehoshua or Yeshua... this is not even known with any certainty which name is the correct textural appellation namesake.

OOOOoooooo.... wait - lookey here! Oh my fucking God! It must be TRUE if ya thunk it...

Jenspm wrote:

omfg Dezert.

Everyone knows that Jesus lived. Science can prove that. If you know what religion is, you would know that Christianity is based on believing that Jesus was God's son, Believing that God created the world. Science can't prove that Jesus was or was not God's son. Christianity is about believing.
Hey goofball... back up that ABSURD claim.  Jesus is a mythical character with no PROOF whatsoever (historical or archeological).

Bertster7 wrote:

Proof is a word people throw around far too casually.
No doubt...

Vilham wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Never. And compare to what DNA? There is none. It's all a matter of publicity and random theories.
Yeah but if lets say that piece of cloth with his blood on it (apparently true) matches exactly with the body they found.. the chances that infact the cloth just had some random guys blood on it and not jesus's and they happened to find this exact guys body.
Could you more incorrect in your assumption / strange argument / conclusion? Probably...

Fen321 wrote:

ncc6206 wrote:

Dezerteagal5  turn or burn boy.  You cant hide behind ignorance on the day of Judgment.
Judgment is not coming...its meant to keep you walking along a never ending institutionalized sin production that is Christianity, and which you will NEVER be able to reach your so called leaders example. Think about it Christians personify Christ as a person whom we all fall short of...HOW THE HELL is anyone to live up to this if ..... we are different from him. To be honest I'm pretty sure we are all the same as him, hence you guessed it the next logical conclusion
An errant one...

That seems logical to you... but you are not like Christ... nor are you like Hercules... or Horus; or Osiris; or Mythra; or Orpheus; etc; etc; etc. Like implies similar. Like does not imply exactly the same - especially when considering the part that is utterly different. You are not like a myth. The symbolic relation of you to the myth... is the next logical step... so what is it then?
... hence you guessed it the next logical conclusion
No offense intended but go ahead & make the error; state it openly.

Jenspm wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Actually I think the Energy was in the universe before the big bang. As we all know about physics, energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred.
So where does this energy originaly come from?

Impossible to answer and prove it (as of today). Therefore we have religion.
No... are you trying to be obtuse? Religion is a reaction to life / death / etc - it is the psychology of a relationship of man to his value systems, traditions, the intangible, self, rites of passage, etc...

AND... actually, it is impossible to prove the source of an effect EVER. It always points to another effect and not the AFFECT-ing thing in-itself.

Knowledge of energy's existence is based upon effects; not the source of the effect. Consider as analogy the ripples on the surface of a body of water. DO NOT consider the medium - the water. Consider the ripples only. And, that you could hypothetically experience the effect of ripples without knowing that it is linked to water. (Water is not even the source of itself anyway). Energy is experienced like; as analogy the; rippling waves ; where the source of the effect (or ultimate source) cannot be determined. If you peel back a layer of the reality onion; it is another ripple; it is another effect and not the source. Even string-theory is NOT a T.O.E. (theory of everything); there is no single reason to assume the string is the source of effects we could theorize as a being a vibrating-string curled up in tiny spaces. Certainty in existence is never implied not in science; not ever.

.. Science is not a religious tradition rooted in myth and the psychological relationships contained therein.

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

... its getting faster as it expands.
'Fraid not.  It's slowing down.
D'oh! LOL... excellent retort! You need to re-check where you are getting that idea from: NemeSiS-Factor.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If that documentary doesn't have a T-1000 in there somewhere (Cameron's involved), I'm not interested. But I could claim to have discovered a cure for AIDS, and it wouldn't necessarily be undisputed truth.

For that matter, much of what is taught of Jesus' life probably isn't the complete truth either.
Oh, wow perfectly useless... non sequitur... inane... out of context (of the Article itself)...

Stingray24 wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Untill the kids 'the believers' realize, moms not gunna spank me, shes all talk, but ive never gotten a spanking no matter what i do.

Now, the sooner you come to the conclusion that your 'mom' will NEVER actually spank you, then the sooner you can live a full, fun, life. To the limits of the law that is
Ah, so you've died and reviewed the afterlife, which enabled you to come to the conclusion that the "spanking" will never come?  Interesting. 

For anyone who is genuinely interested: everyone does not equal God and everyone is not going to Heaven.  Read more in the book of Romans for further explanation.
That would be a mere 144,000 (heaven bound so-sealed individuals) unless you wiggle worm your way out of that nonsense - and then try an interpret the Bible - doh!

Anyways it's meaningless rhetoric... an utterly un-spiritual thing to say; atypical Christian-circular nonsense "it is in the Bible", invoking a un-spiritual non-living circular principle based upon the ramblings of a Jew from antiquity (Saul of Tarsus) who could not live by the Jewish Law - so conceived of an ethereal Christ that full-filled it, blah, blah, blah...
All that I can say is - I tried - to be logical... factual; cite historical references; stay in context to the Article... my bad... let the D & ST... continue.

By the way what does all this OTHER blather going on have to with the documentary mentioned in the actual article? Which has made an extraordinary claim - with absolutely no evidence supporting the claim.
interesting...
KO
Banned
+31|6554|New Jersey

Ratzinger wrote:

KO wrote:

Trying to prove that their delusion is more "realistic" than your delusion....
You must be athesit or agnostic...I wouldn't call my  faith a delusion and you shouldn't call my faith or anyone's faith a delusion casue you probably don't have one and never experienced one

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard