swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
hey guys, i just turned on my pc and i started bf2 and all i get is a ctd straight after the bf2 box thing somes up.  its still in the processes but it wont come on.

i havent changed anything or uninstalled or installed anything, it was wrkin 1 hour ago lol.

i have never had a ctd issue with bf2 this is the first time, ive tried rebooting but nothing helps. any help would be good as i dont wanna reinstall bf2
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6728|Oregon
try restarting.

if that fails, something is wrong with your registry (probably). completely reinstall the game (sf, boosters, etc.). remember to patch to 1.41...and get that bitch downloading soon!
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
i already have the 1.41 patch dl'd so thats ok

p.s. i was looking through my bf2 files here E:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Settings and there are no files in this folder???? this cant be right can it?
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6656|Keyboard

swedge wrote:

p.s. i was looking through my bf2 files here E:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Settings and there are no files in this folder???? this cant be right can it?
Correct
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
lol it is supposed to be like that?
tupla_s
+455|6598|Finland

swedge wrote:

I don't have anything there either, maybe it's just some folder DICE forgot to remove or some temp folder

Also try the one solution mentioned here

Last edited by tupla_s (2007-02-23 09:18:54)

swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
any more ideas?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6459|The Twilight Zone
its rammmmmmmmmmmmmmm
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
ive just reinstalled bf2 now (unpatched) and it still ctd's

how u think its ram

Last edited by swedge (2007-02-23 09:44:02)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6573|NYC / Hamburg

swedge wrote:

ive just reinstalled bf2 now (unpatched) and it still ctd's

how u think its ram
seeing as you posted about ram errors yesterday ...
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
yeah but ive never ever had this problem even with the ram errors
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6603|Seattle

I had some errors yesterday as well. I updated my punkbuster and all is well now. Maybe try giving that shot.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
ive just updated pb aswell and i still ctd
']['error
Banned
+630|6650|The Netherlands
thank DICE for their shitty programming....
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
ive just resintalled twice now with no avail
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6812|The planet Tophet
get a new video card. or ram
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
woooooohoooooooooo im i fixed it, a few days ago i installed tuneup utilities and system mechanic pro7.  i just uninstalled them and now everything works fine

tnx for the help guys
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6359|West NY
that sucks i had to buy myself a GeForce 5700FX LE cause it's the only PCI card supported :'{ and a gig of ram was only like $90 for two kingston 512's at newegg.com!...

yes, Newegg.com ...there for all your technical needs, it has its own commercials...so it's not a scam though the prices make you believe so
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
i even had a game of online 1.0 lol it was fun dolphin diving the real way and jump shooting didnt try the blackhawk though
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
Welcome to June 2005. lol.
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
lol
cospengle
+140|6493|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Glad you got it fixed... does that mean this is fixed too?
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill

cospengle wrote:

Glad you got it fixed... does that mean this is fixed too?
nah still doin it on occasion i gotta try the bios thing though
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6376|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Ya it's System Mechanic (*cough*as tupla_s told you 10 posts ago*cough*)

It's that stupid "SysAnalyzer.exe" process it runs.

Careful though, I just installed/uninstalled it when I needed it (bout once a week) & the last time I tried to uninstall it told me I'm fucked cause I used up my allowed number of installations & I even called & screamed like a girl about it & they still just told me to buy a new key
swedge
+23|6465|haggis hill
lol never saw the link only the bit about the folder

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard