Janysc
+59|6681|Norway
Right, fellow BF2142 players, after the newest patch, a bunch of Northern Strike upgrades and unlocks showed up at the spawn screen and the equipment screen. However, noticed where the player abilities are shown, there is to the far left a new symbol I've never seen before. I currently have all the player abilities, but yet this one is not lit. It resembles a stopwatch of some sort...

Any ideas on what this is?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
The NS player ability is the boot. Is that what you mean? It absorbs the shock from a fall and always regenerates your run once you fall.
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6455|UK
Yeh ive been thinking the same thing, no idea. :S
Janysc
+59|6681|Norway

leetkyle wrote:

The NS player ability is the boot. Is that what you mean? It absorbs the shock from a fall and always regenerates your run once you fall.
No, that's not the one. I got it, it shows up on the far right on the player abilities list. The one I'm curious about however, is the one of the far LEFT, the stopwatch.

Is DICE preparing for a second booster pack already? Theehee!
Sambuccashake
+126|6608|Sweden
Screenshot?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
can you take a screenshot? i don't understand..
psH
Banned
+217|6381|Sydney
Any money its something really lame...
Afrika_18
+26|6540
Its a Time-Stop spell.  for 10 seconds it stops time for everyone but yourself.  During this 10 seconds you can basically do what ever you want.  You can use it only 3 times per round though.
Janysc
+59|6681|Norway
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Spookyfish/screen150.png
There in the corner, under "Abilities", to the far left. Stopwatch.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
perhaps it gives you matrix-like bullet time skills..

omfghax
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6726|Germany

Nah, I think its the squadleader unlock, that allows squadmembers to respawn at a spawn becon after less than 15 seconds. (Nothern Strike unlock for SLs).
Not 100% sure.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6825|Australia
yes its the upgrade for the squadleader unlock..
Sambuccashake
+126|6608|Sweden

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Nah, I think its the squadleader unlock, that allows squadmembers to respawn at a spawn becon after less than 15 seconds. (Nothern Strike unlock for SLs).
Not 100% sure.
I don't think so because the rest of the squad leader thingys aren't shown there.

This indeed seems like a player ability.

Perhaps something they left out and forgot to cover the tracks.

Nice find OP.  +1.
Janysc
+59|6681|Norway

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Not 100% sure.
I don't think that's it, as it is a player ability, but it might... Who knows, perhaps it'll turn yellow once your SL drops a super-beacon. Anyone able to try this out?
Janysc
+59|6681|Norway

kontrolcrimson wrote:

yes its the upgrade for the squadleader unlock..
OP demands proof.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6413|Norway | Unkown
Its for the SLSB (Squad Leader Spawn Becon)

It's called SL-RPU

The SLRPU Squad Leader Reinforcement prioritizing utility decrease the amount of time it takes for killed squad members to get back in the fight!

There is the answer
Sambuccashake
+126|6608|Sweden
Thanks for that but why display it as a player ability when it's a squad leader unlock?
PhaxeNor
Ask DICE about that
Janysc
+59|6681|Norway

PhaxeNor wrote:

Ask DICE about that
This makes me sad. I hoped for a time travel ability; if your team is doing badly, travel backwards in time and try again.
PhaxeNor

Janysc wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

Ask DICE about that
This makes me sad. I hoped for a time travel ability; if your team is doing badly, travel backwards in time and try again.
That would have been realy nice
Janysc
+59|6681|Norway

PhaxeNor wrote:

Janysc wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

Ask DICE about that
That would have been realy nice
And frustrating for EA's stat tracking site!
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6759|Internet!
That wouldn't be any better. Your team would stlll suck just as much as they did before the time-travel.

I didn't play the beta, so I am not positive, but I think it is a passive unlock, on the squad leader tree. So it's put down with the player abilities, as it doesn't matter what kit you pick, you have the unlock. But it just affects SLSBs.

Last edited by Kanil (2007-02-23 06:10:50)

wrx_sti
+2|6470|USA
Yes, that unluck will help your tearm members to come back in the the game sooner then 10s or so...
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6758
The SLRPU is an ability in the squad leader tree, not an unlock. It allows people using a beacon to spawn faster. If you have this unlocked but aren't using the beacon it has no effect.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6693|UK

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Not 100% sure.
QFT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard