jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6569|Singapore

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 8) The RD-4 Otus (floating donut above squad leader) is useless:  The SD-8 Accipiter (shooting donut) is a very poor unlock, but unfortunately the RD-4 Otus gets a bad rap cause it’s a similar concept.  Wrong!  The Otus is an excellent tool for a squad leader because it offers a mini-UAV for your entire team.  That is if you’re actually interested in playing your role as a squad leader.
yup thats very true...that unlock has earned me many kills and saved my life many times when the commander's UAV is not up....its basically a unlockable wallhack..
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6536|N. Ireland

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 2) Zeller is the Best Sniper Rifle:  Nope!  Moretti and Park have larger clips and larger field of vision when zoomed.  Prone stationary snipers die pretty quickly in 2142 so you’re better off using run and gun techniques where large view in scope and ammo are more important.  Also, I know it sounds cool but they’re so loud that everyone with a 2 km radius will hear you.
Just because one has a larger clip, it doesn't really matter. You can't unlock the Zeller before unlocking the Scope Zoom. I THINK the Zeller is better than any other weapon. This is my opinion. You have yours.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 3) Grenades suck in 2142: It does take longer to throw them and you only get 2 or 3 but that’s because of the linear map design on most city maps which often causes bottlenecks of concentrated fighting.  These bottle necks are what make grenades incredibly effective in 2142.
I've never heard anyone say grenades suck before. If anything, they are the saviour in Titan Mode.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 4) You can own walkers at a distance by “tank sniping”: Walkers have unlimited sprint, they run weird so its legs are hard to hit, and they have very powerful rockets.  A good walker pilot will always beat a good tank pilot.
Not true, at all. A tank can be just as effective, and its rockets are MORE powerful. I'll take you on with my Nekamato and you in your walker, and I bet I'll win.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 5) PAC “Hover” Tank is much better than EU “Tiger” Tank: Only true on larger vehicle maps.  Hover tank owns in vehicle-vehicle combat but is pretty vulnerable on city maps like Belgrade.  Regular tank does real well against infantry and can more effectively use cover in cities.
The Hover Tank IS much better because it can get across land a lot easier than the tiger. Just because it is harder to use, doesn't mean it is worse or better.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 6) Bunny hopping is still a great tactic: Not always because it kills your sprint.  If you’re exposed and not sprinting then you’re gonna get killed very quickly.  Hop only if cover is right around the corner, otherwise make a run for it if you come under fire.
Welcome to five hundred and five years ago.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 7) Unlock the <<insert any kit here>> tree first:  Not recommended. You should unlock the sprint unlocks first.  If you can’t run then you die…doesn’t matter what gun or other unlock you got.
What are you on about? I easily get 23 kill streaks alone from NEVER moving from a spot. It is YOUR OPINION that the player abilities are better, but that doesn't make it a fact.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 9) Titan is a great way to get big points: Wrong, big points from Titan come from really long rounds.  On average, your score per minute isn’t going to be better.  You'll get more team points because of nature of Titan scoring and more ribbons because of the length of the rounds but you're not getting big points.
You must have never played titan. LOL. Not only do you get extra points when assaulting the titan, but it is packed with fun. You can destroy Titan AA guns, giving you a total of 16 + two titan attack pins worth 20 each. I easily score 70+ rounds on Titan because of the bonus points available on a titan. SPM does not matter anymore because of Career Points. The length of rounds can be VERY short sometimes.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 10) The Best Buy Scar-11 skin is so much better than the standard: Same gun, just takes up half your screen.
While this might be true, a placebo is happening here. So you can go and figure that out.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 11) The Red Shield for support is great: I really don’t get why people use it.  First off, it totally gives away your position…its like putting down a “snipe me here” sign.  Second, if you want cover then duck behind a corner.  What is the point of finding cover behind a transparent shield through which you cannot shoot?  You can see them and they can see you and the second you move over to take a shot you’ll get a sniper bullet in your head.  Yes, you can use it to protect your side but its not really big enough to cover a prone soldier and it hurts you more by giving away your location.  The only time I’ve ever seen these things be useful is when they’re used as obstacles in the small corridors on the titan.
Again. Your opinion. Fantastic as obstacles but also great against titan hallway fire.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 12) “Berlin is not an unbalanced map, people just don’t know how to play it”: Berlin is the most unbalanced map I’ve played in either bf2 or 2142.  The only way to win that map as PAC is to immediately rush out of your base in an apc and hope to cap a flag before the other team gets organized.  If you miss this opportunity then so long as the other team drops a few loller mines and covers the three choke points, you are going to be in for a long round.
This is your OPINION. I've played many Berlin rounds on both teams and win frequently on both.

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 13) To kill a walker (or other vehicle) with an Orbital Strike you should first order an EMP on them:  Nope, you should actually do the reverse. First order the Orbital Strike then quickly order the EMP.  The reason for this is that the EMP fires almost immediately while the orbital strike has a slight delay.  Therefore, if you drop EMP first then it will immediately immobilize the vehicle but run out as the orbital strike is beginning and making it easy for the vehicle to escape.  What you do is order and orbital strike on a vehicle and then immediately order the EMP.  If you do this then they will both arrive at the same time (because of delay in orbital strike) thereby immobilizing the vehicle for the duration of the orbital strike on it.
Any good commander should know NEVER to use both in the one spot. It causes extreme bottleneck in some places and is useless because it means you have NO MEANS OF DEFENSE EXCEPT FOR INFANTRY.

These are my opinions. You have yours. Not a large fan of this thread at all.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6628|Montreal
the back vents on the walker (its ass) do cause more damage, at least from a tank shell. Not sure about Engy AV rockets. I tested it once on an empty server. A tank shot to the front of the walker caused 20 damage, to the legs caused 30 damage and a tank shot to the ass caused 50 damage.
masterofflama
+19|6627|European Battlefield Command
great post +1 men
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6824

JimmyBotswana wrote:

the back vents on the walker (its ass) do cause more damage, at least from a tank shell. Not sure about Engy AV rockets. I tested it once on an empty server. A tank shot to the front of the walker caused 20 damage, to the legs caused 30 damage and a tank shot to the ass caused 50 damage.
that's the wierdest thing to figure out.  i tried the same thing out with the rail gun and aside from legs and that really small vent everything did minimum damage.  go figure...

maybe i'll change myth 1 to inconclusive.
ZCaliber
+12|6554|Between Canada and Iowa
16) To get rid of your own Squad beacon, you have to shoot it or pick it up before you're resupplied/dead:
Actually, you can pick up your beacon even if you already have one, in fact, it's prefferable to pick it up, as you get your 'Squad spawns on you' ability back.

Something I've come acrossed on my time as a squad leader... Dunno if it's common knowledge yet.
killaer
+41|6760
Many of these are oppinions/reccomendations, not really myths...
ZCaliber
+12|6554|Between Canada and Iowa

jord wrote:

The Otus is one of the best unlocks in the game.

You can get on top of unreachable buildings by EMPing the Otus and standing on it and you will keep rising.
FYI, it was the Accipiter (Otus would usually kill you) and it was taken out in the patch... Now they don't have the lifting power. It's a shame really... Cause it takes a good 10 seconds to kill a person standing still 10 meters away with the Accipiter...
Megalomatthew
+6|6452

superfly_cox wrote:

JimmyBotswana wrote:

that's the wierdest thing to figure out.  i tried the same thing out with the rail gun and aside from legs and that really small vent everything did minimum damage.  go figure...

maybe i'll change myth 1 to inconclusive.
Strange...Everytime I hit an "ass vent" with a straight shot from the rail gun I can usually bring the walker to about 20% heath.

That what I always aim for, not the legs
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6479|Brisbane, Australia

jord wrote:

T

Bunnyhopping was never a good tactic,pointless doing it as you can't shoot while you do it.
WRONG   good for reloading in a CQB battle with someone( if they whine... its there own fault for not being able to shoot me when im close to them)

AND.... getting away from a tank/walker that full blown shoting at you.... trust me, it works alot of the time.
anuban
+3|6393
Agreed Joker            Red Shield as a barricade!  It's not worth much for anything else!!!
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6357
Ok... whos the moron that said the zeller SUcks.....??????

it does suck in two aspects, but overall it is most powerful hand held projectile weapon in the game .

yes that 3 rounds per clip sucks and that nasty red tint outlying the scope is a headache to deal with..

i have gotten 30 kills with the zeller and my accuracy for it is almost 70%.

i am 9/10 times in a round the best with the zeller , the player with the best accuracy and the player with the most kills with the zeller.

you loose 5 extra rounds per clip compared to the moretti and park 52. and yes you get a weird scope.. but you get a shitload of stopping power with that thing. one round does 90-100 points of damage. second of all, its nearly impossible to kill soldiers every single time with a head shot unless you have a hack....the zeller is able to kill most heavy armored troops in one shot and instantly kill a light armor troop with one shot.

you are more likely to kill someone with a body shot with the zeller than the moretti and park-52.

ill bring that zeller H sniper rifle to the battlefield anyday.. i never leave home without it.

ill be writing a review for the zeller and there is one thing i noticed that no one knows with the zeller. look for a thread by me in a few days .
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6753|Sweden

thebestshooter wrote:

Ok... whos the moron that said the zeller SUcks.....??????
Probably noone but perehaps 90% of the people would say Moretti/Park > Zeller, and all that talk about the zeller beeing a huge killermachine nahh sure it does more damage but in all my encounters as a sniper my targets have 100% hp in 90% of the cases. It does not mean anything if i have the zeller except i will have to reload a hell of allot more.

Last edited by madmurre (2007-02-23 11:41:04)

jord
+2,382|6720|The North, beyond the wall.

Machine_Madness wrote:

jord wrote:

T

Bunnyhopping was never a good tactic,pointless doing it as you can't shoot while you do it.
WRONG   good for reloading in a CQB battle with someone( if they whine... its there own fault for not being able to shoot me when im close to them)

AND.... getting away from a tank/walker that full blown shoting at you.... trust me, it works alot of the time.
I'm not wrong it's your opinion.

Sometimes things work against differant players,that doesn't make anyone wrong.

I find it easier when a tank or walker is firing at me to sprint to the side of him,not to him or away but to the side.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard