Fredline
+13|6620|Seattle, WA

l-aLeX-l wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Another reason i keep the voices at default is because if im on the MEC team, and i hear someone say "grenade!" and not "durka durka mohammad jihad" i know to run away from that area as fast as my pudgy little legs will take me.
Lmao + 1 for that

petermassingale wrote:

On one of the voice clips it sounds like "anal must have"
Personally it sounds to me like "anal moustache" Although the definition of an anal moustache is beyond me.
That remids me, I once had a girlfriend that had an 'anal moustache' (aka hairy crack).
Ok, maybe that's a bit TMI...
|CoR| CrossFire
+0|6279
the insurgents on warlord...when enemy spotted its so repetitive and annoying.

Something like,
arbanzoschniper-y-meshtimataw

If anybody understood that from the game, tell me, it will make my day rofl.

EDIT: I'm taking spanish, so the -y- in the middle is pronounced "ee", oops, lol.

Last edited by |CoR| CrossFire (2007-02-21 15:04:50)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California
I have always wondered if they are proper translations!

I think its one of the PLA phrases about the UAV....I swear to god they say busted hymen.

I play with them on....I don't know all of what's said, but Its so nice to hear them call out when they throw nades and such....
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
I can tell you all that the Russian voices are correct. In BF2 and BF2142.
Ghost_of_Viking
+11|6482
I wonder if medic ici is a correct phrase, i nearly fell of the chair when I first heared that one
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693

Ghost_of_Viking wrote:

I wonder if medic ici is a correct phrase, i nearly fell of the chair when I first heared that one
for Russian? It is correct. They say "vracha".
MrWeeyums
+3|6400|NY
My favorite is the one MEC enemy spotted that sounds like   "how did a cat get in there with a monkey?"
The "anal moose eggs" one is good too.
~Ryan
Ghost_of_Viking
+11|6482

Superior Mind wrote:

Ghost_of_Viking wrote:

for Russian? It is correct. They say "vracha".
nono the EU medic shout's "medic ici" as in french when he throws medic bags
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
Hate the voices gets on my nerves.
Rosebudteg
+6|6396|Washington State
I have a pathetic computer, and as such the extra voices would take up just a hint more of RAM.  RAM that is desperately needed to keep the frame rate above 22 (yeah, I need a new box...).  So everyone in BF2 speaks english to me.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6645|Ohio
I just leave it, because they make me feel pretty.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere
lol, there's like 2 people here who use the US voices, hurray for being unique!
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6329

Just got SF and I am enjoying the win/loss music on there also the russian/british voices. Great sound work!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
I keep it default. I've learned the various phrases anyway, so it adds versimillitude to the game. Also, I feel it gives me an edge in a combat situation when I know who's saying what.

Mainly because the idiot shouting in English is the Enemy, and the arabic jabbering is my squad. I always seem to get put on MEC.
I don't mind, though. I actually kinda like it, as they tend to have better initial positioning on some maps.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6674|Houston, Texas
i went back to non-english only so when you hear grenade, you'll know if its friendly or not.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6283|Pennsyltucky

I always have "Use English" checked.

Since I play in the Early AM East Coast time there are a LOT of German or European Servers that are fun to play on.

It is a little frustrating though because I can't understand the REAL voices :p
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
I really like the MEC voice
It's cool and creates a special Osama bin laben mood, lol!!!
BVC
+325|6696
I know "thank you" in MEC does indeed mean that.
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6303|Sweden
KINTOLEK! Or however it's spelled.

But I love having the original languages on. It brings more of a feeling of combat.
And yes, it's real Arabic and real Chinese.
Don't know if it's been answered on the previous page but still, yeah it's real.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
English voice overs only tbh. I use it because alot of the time i dont realise someone behind me screaming for a medic in there foreign language, until i spin around and see the little cross on their heads.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
Original voices.
1) Advantage of hearing the enemy
2) Adds to the feeling of the game

Is it only me, or do the Arabic and Chinese phrases have less alternatives?
The English once have at least 2-3 variations.

I really like the Russian "Sniper" phrase. It's almost whispered and sounds very sinister to me

The female voice for the Russian "UAV transmitting here" phrase sounds exceptionally funny. As if she is telling a funny story to children, not being at war talking to soldiers.
MrE`158
+103|6624
If you've got "English Only" voices turned on, you don't get to hear the comedically rubbish "accents" of the EU team in Euroforces, or the SAS with their exclusively upper-class Englishmen styled voice.

It's very easy to get used to the foreign voice-overs, and even if you can't understand when someone cries out for a medic, you should surely be keeping an eye on your mini-map?  It tells you too, y'know...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
I use the voice, because it helps me identify people by the sound of their voice. I have hear as MEC. First Aid Here, I know that there is a medic around, and the other way around when I'm USMC. Or PLA for that matter, but when all the voices are English I can't keep them apart anymore, which is ghey..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard