Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6779|Salt Lake City

One of the hot topics has always been smacktards that get accidentally killed or due to their own stupidity get themselves killed.  So what if the punishment system was set up such that you don't get the option to punish until you are no longer able to be revived by a medic.  If you are revived then no punish option is available.  If you don't get revived then you have the option, but this may give people time to think about how/why they got killed rather than just the automatic page down flinch.

Obviously there will always be smacktards that TK intentionally, but lets have the admins address that and at least work on eliminating the auto-punish that is so maddening when it wasn't intentional.
Spyx750
+0|6787
this is the best idea on this subject i've ever seen! so often I'm a medic and some n00b runs after my just thrown grenade and I will revive him while saying, 'Sorry, my bad!' and he still punishes!!
Zukabazuka
+23|6729
Have to agree with this one, but you still will recive minus points for doing this.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6779|Salt Lake City

Zukabazuka wrote:

Have to agree with this one, but you still will recive minus points for doing this.
But that's the whole problem with the punish system is the loss of points.  If we continued to let the point loss system stay, the whole point of this would be lost.  Yes, if they didn't get revived and still wanted to punish, then yes the points would be lost, but not if they are revived.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6728|Espoo, Finland

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

But that's the whole problem with the punish system is the loss of points.  If we continued to let the point loss system stay, the whole point of this would be lost.  Yes, if they didn't get revived and still wanted to punish, then yes the points would be lost, but not if they are revived.
You get -4 for each and every team kill even if you're forgiven...
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6779|Salt Lake City

Gawwad wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

I thought it was only -2 if forgiven, and -4 if not forgiven.  The -4 should only happen if the auto-punish is on.

But this would need to change as well.  No point loss for a team kill if revivied or fogiven, and -4 if not revived and they opt to punish.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6728|Espoo, Finland

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I thought it was only -2 if forgiven, and -4 if not forgiven.  The -4 should only happen if the auto-punish is on.

But this would need to change as well.  No point loss for a team kill if revivied or fogiven, and -4 if not revived and they opt to punish.
I'm pretty sure its -4 and another -2 if punished...
I've taken off with a jet tens of times and used to seeing -6 score in the beginning of a round.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6818|Nova Scotia, Canada

It's -4 not matter what. In the jet situation, you are getting team damage first, then a teamkill.

As for the suggestion of not losing points or getting punished if revived, that would be stat padders glory! They could just kill random teammates, revive them and get 2 points!
kreinator
+0|6778
Unfortunately most people seems to instant-punish without thinking about what happened. This is really annoying but I don't think you have to change the system. Reasons:

1. In most cases you only loose 2 or 4 points unless you throw grenades with closed eyes or driving a tank while reading the newspaper.
2. Some people need intensive punishing because they don't realize that dropping bombs out of a jet onto teammates sucks. If you'd change that then more and more people wouldn't watch their fire.
3. in the mentioned case of being a medic reviving an idiot who sat down on your grenade - just kill him again after you have revived him. This is what I do in a case like this, since you can't be punished twice for killing one person within a certain timeframe, just like you can't get resupply-points from the same guy if you've just resupplied him.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard