KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

Here is an interesting interview with Chomsky regarding our (US) Foreign Policy.  Please read the article before posting (I know, its soo hard to read through a few pages of text, but it is much easier to debate if you actually read the article up for debate ).

On another note, bookmark the periodical website for pretty good in-depth US Foreign Policy analysis.

http://www.fpif.org/fpiftxt/3999
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6356|Columbus, Ohio
"To say that the United States has pursued diplomacy with North Korea is a little bit misleading. It did under the Clinton administration"

Is this guy serious?  Under the 1994 "agreement," Clinton gave NK two light water nuclear reactors.  Well, no shit they would be happy with that wouldn't they?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

usmarine2007 wrote:

"To say that the United States has pursued diplomacy with North Korea is a little bit misleading. It did under the Clinton administration"

Is this guy serious?  Under the 1994 "agreement," Clinton gave NK two light water nuclear reactors.  Well, no shit they would be happy with that wouldn't they?
Read on buddy.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6434|The Land of Scott Walker

usmarine2007 wrote:

Somehow the Chinese figured out how to get their rockets of the launch pad after they fired up the supercomputers Bill sent over, too.  Diplomacy and appeasement are two very different things.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6394|North Carolina
Stingray, if you really feel that way about China, then I suppose our heavy trade with them must bother you, eh?

This trade connection to China is something both parties are responsible for, and they've happily sold our security out to China for the sake of fattening their wallets.  I guess human rights don't really mean much to either party, do they?
Fen321
+54|6486|Singularity
I must say i enjoyed reading over what Chomsky had to say with regards to Iran.

"They can’t control it [Iraq] and it’s almost impossible for them to get out for reasons you can’t discuss in the United States because to discuss the reasons why they can’t get out would be to concede the reasons why they invaded."

This particular point made really underscores the entire stance towards Iran.
Turquoise
O Canada
Pretty much...  I've started to like this guy more over time.  I disagree with some of his assessments, but overall, Chomsky makes some good points.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

Stingray24 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Somehow the Chinese figured out how to get their rockets of the launch pad after they fired up the supercomputers Bill sent over, too.  Diplomacy and appeasement are two very different things.
The problem is pressure from Industry forces politicians' hands.  Money wins elections, money passes bills, thats the way it works in American Government.  All our politicians, Democrat or Conservative, are slaves to money.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6506|USA

usmarine2007 wrote:

and we saw how clinton handled the mog first hand didn't we.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6356|Columbus, Ohio

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

and we saw how clinton handled the mog first hand didn't we.
Ya, that was great.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

Don't you guys see that it is more than just Democrats and Republicans fulfilling their wishes?  Or are you too stupid to see that Bill and GWB (and many presidents before) are forced to do whatever the concentrated capital wants them to do.

Yeah, lets keep bitching about how bad Bill Clinton was while supporting GWB, Reagan, et al., even though the same people/money make all their decisions.

Get your collective heads out of your asses people.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6356|Columbus, Ohio

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't you guys see that it is more than just Democrats and Republicans fulfilling their wishes?  Or are you too stupid to see that Bill and GWB (and many presidents before) are forced to do whatever the concentrated capital wants them to do.

Yeah, lets keep bitching about how bad Bill Clinton was while supporting GWB, Reagan, et al., even though the same people/money make all their decisions.

I don't support any of the above mentioned retards.  I know they do not make the decisions.  They are just like a CEO.  My problem is, a lot of people blame Bush and give Clinton a pass.....that is my problem.

/there, head out of my ass.  kthx
Turquoise
O Canada

usmarine2007 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I don't support any of the above mentioned retards.  I know they do not make the decisions.  They are just like a CEO.  My problem is, a lot of people blame Bush and give Clinton a pass.....that is my problem.

/there, head out of my ass.  kthx
I can live with that.  If we can agree that both Clinton and Bush made some serious mistakes, then we'll be moving in the right direction with regards to accepting reality.
dead_rac00n
+12|6471|DTC
"Dick Cheney declared in Kazakhstan or somewhere that control over pipeline is a “tool of intimidation and blackmail.” When we have control over the pipelines it’s a tool of benevolence. If other countries have control over the sources of energy and the distribution of energy then it is a tool of intimidation and blackmail exactly as Cheney said. And that’s been understood as far back as George Kennan and the early post-war days when he pointed out that if the United States controls Middle East resources it’ll have veto power over its industrial rivals."

@ usmarine2007 : That was my point when you erased that thread that went out of control, remember ? Oil=money & power.
Somewhere else in the article, Chomsky talks about the geopolitical interest of invading countries in the Middle-East. The dictatorial problem has never been the primary goal of the US intervention. It was the control of the oil. (just look at a map, you'll see).

Last edited by dead_rac00n (2007-02-21 22:29:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard