polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

Read My Siggy.

WHO CARES.

Just go there blast them in the face and move on.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

TehSeraphim wrote:

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

One more thing:
If stats padding is legal (as you were saying) then why it is that EA suspends those people's accounts, who are bein caught stat padding and had been reported?
They don't?  Or, if they do, it's so few and far between as to be a placebo for people who bitch about it all the time?

As for commanders, being a padder has nothing to do with whether or not you're a crappy commander or not.  I've played with Sergeant Majors who don't pad who suck ass at being commander - it's all about the individual.  Besides, a padder would probably not be a commander because then they dont get any points for their padding.  They get points solely based on their team.  If a padder can make 500+ points IAR by padding, why would they bother commanding and get maybe 100 points tops?  The kind of padder who commands is the one who pads occasionally, and like I said before, this has no effect on whether they'r good or not - its all about the individual player.
Nope, think again.  There are badges/medals that require so much time and so many points as commander.  If they get those points without having to login, they suffer to effects of K/D and the like.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6732|New Hampshire
I'm not familiar as to what glitch you're talking about - mind explaining it?
./KRUX
+1|6745|Austin Texas
"You will not exploit any bug in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service".
Simply stated, a stat padder could be deemed as someone who exploits a bug (such as driving a humvee into the water and repairing it yourself for points)

I think your breaking your TOS cause i didnt know you could do that Humvee trick.

"You will not do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing an EA game and using the Service" is the key phrase.  This is the only other thing in the TOS that can almost relate to stat padding.  However, 3 people knife reviving on the side of the map do not directly interfere with your game.  To the same extent, if someone is using an APC and baseraping an uncappable spawn

You examples seem like you want people to knock them down but anyways...
This does effect my game play. Half of this game is teamwork. If you commanding a squad of those guys they are basically non-players. Ya sure "they" have loads of laughs and "teamwork" i guess. Really thou this kinda of behavior really should be on unranked servers. Then you can have a base-rapin-exploit-happy good time. In fact its a good thing cause you do find the gliches. But dont waste my time being greedy.

Ranked servers should be played like a formal...."battle" i guess. You should expect all your teamates to be geared toward team victory and indivdual acheivement. So whacha gotta say about that?
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6732|New Hampshire
I'd say that it's a game and you do what you want to have fun?  If you ever play Karkand you can hear MEC whine and cry about baseraping - this isn't possible because MEC is defending and has no uncappable spawn.

My point is that people will do what they want in this game, and someone is always gonna bitch about something.    Teamwork is nice, but if you want everyone to be part of the team, are you gonna yell at the people who don't squad up? 

Don't waste your time being greedy?  People who use armor are greedy.  People who use helos are greedy.  People who use jets are greedy.  Nube tubes, C4, mines - it's all done for greed.  The most used kits by most players are generall spec ops, assault, and medic - and do you know why?  Because these are the kits you can get the most kills and points with.  It's fun, but isn't it just a little bit greedy?  Besides, what if the padders don't squad up?  Then they can't be commanded and are just as good as being idle.  You can't blame the commander for padders, nor should you.

My point is these kids are having fun there way and who am I to say that they can't have fun in the manner they want.  If I'm not being revive whored I couldn't care less.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6721|Norway

TehSeraphim wrote:

I'd say that it's a game and you do what you want to have fun?  If you ever play Karkand you can hear MEC whine and cry about baseraping - this isn't possible because MEC is defending and has no uncappable spawn.

My point is that people will do what they want in this game, and someone is always gonna bitch about something.    Teamwork is nice, but if you want everyone to be part of the team, are you gonna yell at the people who don't squad up? 

Don't waste your time being greedy?  People who use armor are greedy.  People who use helos are greedy.  People who use jets are greedy.  Nube tubes, C4, mines - it's all done for greed.  The most used kits by most players are generall spec ops, assault, and medic - and do you know why?  Because these are the kits you can get the most kills and points with.  It's fun, but isn't it just a little bit greedy?  Besides, what if the padders don't squad up?  Then they can't be commanded and are just as good as being idle.  You can't blame the commander for padders, nor should you.

My point is these kids are having fun there way and who am I to say that they can't have fun in the manner they want.  If I'm not being revive whored I couldn't care less.
That's a different discussion - wheter or not someone should be made to play as a team..
It has little to do with the fact that someone is "profiting" on playing that is close to breaking the rules..

And as far as a padder becoming commander not affecting the team?! Maybe - but if the commander has been padding all his career, how would he know where the best location for arty/SUV/supplies are? How would he know which direction the enemy is most likely to take?
I'll bet he isn't - and that he isn't trying to either - he'll just want the time/points.. And in that case he's affected the teams ability to win and/or have fun while playing the game...
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6732|New Hampshire
I've said it before and I'llsay it again - commanders do not get points unless they help their team.  Therefore, if a padder was simply going for points, he would either avoid commander or be a good one.  What sense would it make for someone to be commander if they can make many more points in a round by padding - especially if points is all they're worried about?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

TehSeraphim wrote:

I've said it before and I'llsay it again - commanders do not get points unless they help their team.  Therefore, if a padder was simply going for points, he would either avoid commander or be a good one.  What sense would it make for someone to be commander if they can make many more points in a round by padding - especially if points is all they're worried about?
And I'll say it again.  There are badges that require so much time in the commander position.  Also, if they don't join the game, they don't have any hits to their stats, but still get whatever points are accumulated for the commander position.  They may not get as many points, but they get points none the less.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2006-01-04 08:29:54)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6721|Norway

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

TehSeraphim wrote:

And I'll say it again.  There are badges that require so much time in the commander position.  Also, if they don't join the game, they don't have any hits to their stats, but still get whatever points are accumulated for the commander position.  They may not get as many points, but they get points none the less.
Agreed...

Commander who doesn't help team makes the teams suffer, but a commander who doesn't help his team will still be rewarded based on the abilities of the players.. Unfair towards the players on the server, and can help diminish the joy of playing for all parties involved - i.e. violation of rules
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6739|Peoria, Illinois
So why are we paying out the ass for ranked servers?
-I4nI-Kanyatta
+0|6783
ive been wondering the same thing lightning, why do people pay $5 a head for a ranked server, when people are going to come on and ruin the experience for people

again with the thing about the unlocks, what if a padder gets his seargant major or whatever and has every unlock, and he kills me cuz he's got superior firepower when i've earned what little firepower i have, thats ruining my experience, i didnt shell out $80 so i could get owned by padders

a friend of mine's favorite saying applies to stat padding in a way

"It's like kissing your step-sister, you just don't do it"

hiding behind the law (or TOS here) is for convicted felons and lawyers, there are moral rules, like someone stated earlier, you dont belch in public and other things in that category, there are certain things you just dont do
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6742|In a van down by the river

-I4nI-Kanyatta wrote:

again with the thing about the unlocks, what if a padder gets his seargant major or whatever and has every unlock, and he kills me cuz he's got superior firepower when i've earned what little firepower i have, thats ruining my experience, i didnt shell out $80 so i could get owned by padders
It's called kill or be killed.  Chances are if somebody kills you with an unlock like the G36E, they were gonna kill you just as easily with a weapon like the AK.

Last edited by =NAA=TheTaxidermist (2006-01-05 14:40:27)

(BRU)Timothy
+5|6695|Pennsylvania - Hershey!
That is alll very nice but EA knew there were going to be people like that for bf2.  I am almost a Sargent Major, but I haven't done any stat padding to get there!  It is only a game, and I want to play for fun, not totally for awards.  One question though, generally there are three people that get together to stat pad, the person who is getting killed, does he take a ticket away each time he is killed and revived?
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6761

(BRU)Timothy wrote:

That is alll very nice but EA knew there were going to be people like that for bf2.  I am almost a Sargent Major, but I haven't done any stat padding to get there!  It is only a game, and I want to play for fun, not totally for awards.  One question though, generally there are three people that get together to stat pad, the person who is getting killed, does he take a ticket away each time he is killed and revived?
No. You only lose a ticket when you die completely, which means your body goes poof and leaves behind the pack. Otherwise when you are lieing there and a medic can revive you, you haven't lost a ticket yet.
teh adam
+2|6694
I don't care about stat padders... they don't hurt or help me.

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

This is a team activity, and while you may not join a game that has good teamwork, you still need every player on the team working towards the same goal.  Failure to do this results in a diminished experience for everyone on the padders team, and should not be a tolerated activity.  Sorry to say, but padding is not a "victimless" crime as some might believe.
It shouldn't be tolerated... so if you see ppl reviving and killing someone put an anti-tank round in the guy that is being killed... now they have to wait for that guy to respawn.

You could look at it the other way too... maybe if you are killing ppl that is "diminished experience for everyone" and you should be BaNnEd!!!!!!!111111oneone. Maybe EA wanted everyone to stat pad :p jk

How many stat padders command... not many. Not many stat padders even play on full server they usually play on a clan server or something. So if you play are on a full 32/64 man server there usually isn't a problem.

I got my high score of 297 when you could use everyone in a chopper to cap flags... I was a gunner (as support) too so I got even more points for killing ppl on the ground and for giving my teammates ammo. Of course you could consider that stat padding (not like I would care) but its the other teams fault for not shooting us down. The point of the game is to cap flags... thats what we were doing.

I also truely stat padded once... but just ended up quiting after like the 35 kill because it is fucking BORING. I would much rather run around shooting ppl. Also if you have fun catching these stat padders in the act and post videos or screenshots or what ever... no one will care. You just make yourself look like an idiot for wasting your time.

If you see ppl stat padding you can:
1. Do nothing about it and keep playing
2. Leave the server and join another one
3. Kill the ppl that are not on your team that are stat padding
4. Waste hours of your time to make a movie about it and send it to EA which will probably never even be looked at.

I don't think stat padding can really ruin the game... something like hacking really ruins the game (you guys remember when a shit load of ppl were using the commander hack... that ruins the game)

If you think it is ruining the game... ruin it for the stat padders by screwing with their stat padding tactics.
bpinBF2
+0|6692
What’s the point of ever keeping score or having ranks if there are statpadders. If EA could pull there head out of there asses then they would see all the programming they did to keep and store points and medals was a waist of time. I guess statpadders just don’t want to take the time to earn the points the right way either that or there not good enough to.
(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6777

TehSeraphim wrote:

Simply stated, a stat padder could be deemed as someone who exploits a bug (such as driving a humvee into the water and repairing it yourself for points).
dont think this is possible...but I get what ur saying.
Charmin
+1|6701
What more does a higher score supply you then a higher chance of being elected for cammandership? I wouldnt listen to a stars any more often then a stripes. I mean who cares? People who show off their precious fake medals and ribbons oh wow thats so wicked............not.

In my oppinion ya'll should go out and play some BB-wars, then come back here and play the game.
WinstontheWolf
+11|6698

Miller wrote:

I saw cypherf00fus stat pad once, but he isnt very good at it, so i still got a better score.
Hey what's up with this |cypher00fus (thats his profile name)?? He has a k/d-ratio of 4-5, I can live with that.. But he has a win:loss-ratio of about 16-17..!!! How is that possible? Is he just the best commander ever or what? Can't statpadd anything like than can ya?

Last edited by WinstontheWolf (2006-01-11 05:45:06)

StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6849|UK
stat padders are cunts with no life and small cocks
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6849|UK

WinstontheWolf wrote:

Miller wrote:

I saw cypherf00fus stat pad once, but he isnt very good at it, so i still got a better score.
Hey what's up with this |cypher00fus (thats his profile name)?? He has a k/d-ratio of 4-5, I can live with that.. But he has a win:loss-ratio of about 16-17..!!! How is that possible? Is he just the best commander ever or what? Can't statpadd anything like than can ya?
No he is the admin of his shit server and kicks anyone off who is winning.. fucking gaylord cunt
WinstontheWolf
+11|6698
Hehe okei..!
QuackinChicken
+1|6710

TehSeraphim wrote:

-You will not exploit any bug in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.
It may not be a "bug" by the books but by gaining any type of points through stat padding is giving you an unfair advantage. Due to the fact that more points = Higher priority for the commander position.

Also the arguement came up that when you stat pad you are not playingth game anymore you are merely padding. Thus it denies entry to anyone who wants to join(if the server is full) the server and legitimately play, also keeps those players occupied so they are not actively participating in the game.

Finally it takes away from other playyers in the sence that the stat padder can easily get a gold medal, and the guy who shot 20 people and capped 5 flags gets a silver.

Padding takes away from others gameplay, and it also takes away from gameplay. Yea you might get that badge/award/rank but what is the point of playing a game if you don't have to actually exert that effort to win or earn things. Stat padding is a lot like hacks/exploits in the way that the person doing it no longer has to try.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6732|New Hampshire
Actually, you are playing.  If you are having fun stat padding, then you are playing.  More points for the commander position is sort of an unfair advantage, but you would need to pad a LOT of points in order for it to be decisive.  Furthermore, I've said this before - what do you get for a gold medal?  I mean, whats the difference between 70 and 71 golds?  Half of the time I don't even realize I earn them.

Padding doesn't do anything unless you make it bother you.  If you obsess about someone padding it's gonna piss you right off and ruin your game - but honestly, what's the big deal.  Just play the game how you want to and don't worry about what other people are doing.  If you were in class and someone was cheating on a test - would you really give so much of a rats ass?  I went to High School where kids cheated on their tests, dumbed themselves down to be in the lower level classes and beat me out of the top 10% of my class because they should've been in the AP classes I was in.  I don't let it get to me, because it didn't bar me from getting into college and I know that my skills and work improved me as a person and I know that they'll be fucked when they get to college as it is much harder to cheat there.

It applies in BF2 - you're getting your experience, which is making you better, so who cares about other people.
SlimJim
+0|6682|Bay Area, California
I could careless about stat padders. They are no good in a fight and when it comes right down to it, let them have thier medals and ribbons. I will earn mine by owning them anytime they get on a server with me. A team that plays well together will always kick ass.

Statpadders only cheat themselves because they never develop the skill neccessary to play effectivly with a team. If three guys want to sit on the edge of a map and hump each other, let em, the only reason they do it is to brag to their "Clans?" and show their pretty ribbons.

I still look forward to EARNING mine, you know the fun way. By Squading up and taking ground. By imposing my will and power on those unfortunate soldiers that happened to come across a well oiled killing machine that I call MY SQUAD! To all you stat padders out there, have your cake now! When it comes time to eat it later, me and my squad will have already been there!!! YUMMY

Last edited by SlimJim (2006-01-26 15:02:10)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard