Drexel
+43|6474|Philadelphia
I don't know what you all are smoking,   The Blackhawk mini-guns  CAN kill an apc, doesn't matter where you hit it.  Obviously, there are more sensitive spots, but it IS possible to kill a 100% health APC without overheating even when flying.  It's almost as easy as killing a Vodnik.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6651|Westminster, Colorado
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uf6drUuy48U

Here is a low-quality video (my work computer is not gamer-friendly) showing the BH destroying 2 APC's, a Mobile AA, and attempting to kill a tank. 

It's pretty self-explanatory.

I agree with Cbass that the splash damage is what made the BH worth using.

Now get out there and bring the APC-Killing machine back to the skies!!!!!!!!!!! 

.....or just leave it on the pad.

Last edited by terrafirma (2007-02-20 11:07:35)

JaggedPanther
+61|6471
I stand by my word, and others here have told you too. The BH CAN kill APC's. I have done it many times on Fusche Pass (and other maps but mainly Fusche as there are mulitple choppers that spawn after another [so total of 4 or more can be flying around]). So as not to leave your team stranded.

Also not a wounded APC a full health APC that doesn't know where it's getting hit from. Once it see's you; Your chances become slimmer on surviving the encounter if you do tit-for-tat but the blackhawks advantage is it can fly away and repair. Then come back at another angle.  It's not a solo attack machine unless you land and it's best to have 2 engineers THAT IS ALL (no need for 6 man team unless you are noob ).

And yes it is 1.41

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-02-20 13:46:24)

JaggedPanther
+61|6471

Missionless wrote:

are u saying u can still got 100-0 on wake with a BH? post a screenie of you doing it then
No if the Blackhawk could go 100-0 on wake that would be just lame, either you're up against pre-school kids or the game engine is whack!

So is your K/D ratio 100-0?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6457|UK

I.M.I Militant wrote:

blackhawk is ok i mean if your u.s on wake and youv got china pinned down to 1 CP (unless its the airfield) den yer start up ur whoring crew... but even then it sucks because to hit someone with dem chain guns u must be goin pretty slow which leaves u open for AT
Indeed a nice bit of splash damage wouldn't hurt.
Smithereener
+138|6313|California

Cbass wrote:

It's not the power we miss... it's the splash damage
Right-o.

The damage is still the same I think, it's just the splash radius has been dramatically reduced.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6740|Backward Ass Kansas
What it breaks down to is this: Yes the Blackhawk can kill an APC before it overheats if you hit it just in the right place but in an actual game you would have better luck using the wrench to remove the lug nuts and pilfer the wheels. And yeah it was the splash damage that used to lay waste to infantry like a can of ether and a lighter to moths.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6554|Brisbane, Aus

the apc just need to launch 1 rocket or shoot you a few times and you're blackhawk's dead.

The fact that both MEC and PLA's sky cows can still use their guns with huge ranges is unfair compared to the 'i can hit you if you come stand infront' miniguns on the blackhawk, they mostly just chew up the dirt, especially when you're on the move.

pre-nerf Blackhawks ftw
JaggedPanther
+61|6471
ppl just need skill to still like the current blackhawks.

nuff said
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

JaggedPanther wrote:

Missionless wrote:

are u saying u can still got 100-0 on wake with a BH? post a screenie of you doing it then
No if the Blackhawk could go 100-0 on wake that would be just lame, either you're up against pre-school kids or the game engine is whack!

Actually doing a crazy kdr like that isn't impossable with the old bh's, a good crew could easily do that.  But not getting a single death is pretty much impossable. Theres always some jackass pilot who finds it's easier to ram u that try and shoot u down.

Bh's can still pwn, it just depends on the people useing it.

Last edited by Cbass (2007-02-21 06:21:33)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California
Im mad that I missed the blackhawks....
I deffinatly still want to try them though...

I really want to try a few different blackhawk squads.... something like

2AT in open seats fireing rockets from the chopper, 1 supply gunner, 1 medic gunner, then people to fix the thing/spam mines

IMO still sounds like it could do some damage.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6287|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

What it breaks down to is this: Yes the Blackhawk can kill an APC before it overheats if you hit it just in the right place but in an actual game you would have better luck using the wrench to remove the lug nuts and pilfer the wheels.
Ah, imagine the possibilities if you could actually steal the wheels off an APC. Sounds like and idea for Project Reality. Back on subject, the only thing I have against the Blackhawk is that to hit ANYTHING, the BH can't move too fast. Well, that applies for my noobish self at least.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6666

im_in_heaven wrote:

The black hawk is a transport chopper hence to transport people. It wasnt designed to fly around mashtuur in circles and kill everyone.  So stop complaining about the blackhawk. If anything its very hard to shoot down and gets your soldiers to places you need.
No, a UH-60 is a medium-lift utility OR assault helicopter. It doesn't evac immediately after insertion, but helps attain superiority on the ground.

In reality, that is.

If you do not believe me, then actually do some research yourself rather than spouting whatever comes to mind without actually checking your "facts" first.

No, I'm not trying to be insulting, here, I'm just not ever impressed when someone speaks without first making sure they know what they're saying. And if you STILL don't believe the UH-60 (Blackhawk) is also a viable assault helicopter, there are plenty of shots of them engaging in action. Against ground forces.

Further, the Blackhawk in BF2 is pitifully easy to shoot down. The only viable tactic left nowadays is to take it up so high the AHs and jets don't notice you; but since you can't join a squad while dead anymore, the old tactic of just flying and letting people spawn and HALO in is somewhat dead. People won't even join the squad these days, even if you tell them what you're doing - which, since the benefit is all theirs and none yours, seems a bit strange to me.

Also, as I recall it, the Blackhawk in-game uses equivalent ammunition to the Hummer/Vodnik MGs. Those are old armour piercing rounds rendered ineffective by modern main battle tank armour - but APCs are not main battle tanks. They are nowhere near as heavily armoured. Realistically, a kill on an APC is not impossible. But if it's shooting at you, it's gun is heavier, and your armour weaker. Result: you die. Get the jump on one, sure... But it'd be a helluva "jump".

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2007-02-21 16:34:52)

Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6325|105 RVK

JaggedPanther wrote:

Missionless wrote:

Well here is one just for you, now I want to see you do this with the current BH
https://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9583/screen016lx1.png
adv3rsary
+28|6713
ya blackhawks rock.. 1 shot guaranteed kill out of my attack chopper.. keep flying them
JaggedPanther
+61|6471

Missionless wrote:

JaggedPanther wrote:

Missionless wrote:

Well here is one just for you, now I want to see you do this with the current BH
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9583/screen016lx1.png
I don't get 100-0 for anything, I'm just not that leet of a player.

I'm just saying the BH can STILL hold it's own in the proper hands.  Not everyone gets 100-0 kill death ratio's like you do.

My next topic of " The BlackHawk can't do 100-0 kill death ratio's anymore but should it?' will have a personal invite to you
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6659|Farmland, England
the only way a blackhawk can effectively destroy an APC is when it's covered in c4 and flown into one :p
same goes with the roflchoppers.
fuck that it doesnt even need c4 :p

Last edited by DaVeWaVe (2007-02-22 18:23:10)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6325

lol^ On wake I got the Sky Cow, and put about 10 C4 all over it (supplies used of course.) And I flew around trying to pick my teammates up. "Jump in!" "Quick jump in!" Ya right, they knew it would be a death trap...Nobody joined me.

I flew to the carrier (it was a very slow game) and managed to fly low enough behind to avoid the dude in the rear essex gun. Flew the thing up and straight down on the guys waiting for the Cobra It was so fun.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
killaer
+41|6715
Oh my god...I remember using the blackhawk in the Battlefield 2 Demo in 2005. Jesus, those things were insane. I parnered up with a random guy and while he flew us around, I gunned...my god, the splash damage from those miniguns were amazing. The Blackhawk is NOWHERE near what it used to be. I have hovered above a base while we were dropping off a load of troops recently, and Can you fucking beleive it, I had to AIM. With the blackhawk. AIM. Unheard of.

But seriously, it has absolutley no splash damage now. It's basically imossible to hit anything now from a moving BH as a gunner.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard