Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Smitty5613 wrote:

Spark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

whats the easy option, believing in God? i think the easy option is not believing in God, and just dicking around with your life.... being a christian is alot harder than that..... being a christian is like when you are in high-school or college, you work now and it pays off later... being an athiest is like being the kid who throws spit wads in the back of he class and doesnt do any work, but he gets screwed later cuz he cant get a job because he didnt graduate
What's easier - saying that a rock was formed by natural processes (which makes far, far more sense) or that someone 'made' it?

And fuck you and your analogy. If that's (the last sentence or so) what you believe you can haul you and your God to your heaven, the rest of us don't want you here.
if a rock was formed by natural processes, then were did the "ingredients" it was made from come from? and how did such a complex process start happening?

and do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
I stand by what I said. It is far easier to assume that someone put a rock there (thereby negating your argument that NOT believing in God is easier) than to say that the rock was formed by natural processes (logical ones). To answer your qusetions: the ingredients came through two processes: nucleosynthesis (the formation of ALL elements in dying stars - don't tell me this doesn't exist, it has been observed. We know more about the stars around us than the earth's core. The other option is thourgh SLiME (I can't remember what this stand for, but I believe it's Sub-lithoautotrophic... forgot the rest. basically it's just underground bacteria). These things have been known to eat, breathe and excrete strange things - basically every natural element up to uranium.

As for the second part: I stand by that too. It was a response to your 'Holier than thou, all 4.5 billion of you nonbelievers are going to hell attitude', which I positively detest.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Smitty5613
+46|6538|Middle of nowhere, California

Spark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Spark wrote:

What's easier - saying that a rock was formed by natural processes (which makes far, far more sense) or that someone 'made' it?

And fuck you and your analogy. If that's (the last sentence or so) what you believe you can haul you and your God to your heaven, the rest of us don't want you here.
if a rock was formed by natural processes, then were did the "ingredients" it was made from come from? and how did such a complex process start happening?

and do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
I stand by what I said. It is far easier to assume that someone put a rock there (thereby negating your argument that NOT believing in God is easier) than to say that the rock was formed by natural processes (logical ones). To answer your qusetions: the ingredients came through two processes: nucleosynthesis (the formation of ALL elements in dying stars - don't tell me this doesn't exist, it has been observed. We know more about the stars around us than the earth's core. The other option is thourgh SLiME (I can't remember what this stand for, but I believe it's Sub-lithoautotrophic... forgot the rest. basically it's just underground bacteria). These things have been known to eat, breathe and excrete strange things - basically every natural element up to uranium.

As for the second part: I stand by that too. It was a response to your 'Holier than thou, all 4.5 billion of you nonbelievers are going to hell attitude', which I positively detest.
im not saying somebody put the rocks there, i kno they were formed.... but dont you think these processes are a little complex for them to have just started happening?

Holier than thou? if i remember right, i heard that line in austin powers....... so detest all you want, im not saying im any better than you, im just glad im a Christian.....
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Smitty5613 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Is it?  Atheists can't turn to divine guidance to solve their problems, they have to do it themselves.  Further, they can't pray for divine intervention, or rest easy in the knowledge that their god protects them.  They have to take full responsibility for everything.
If you are an athiest, then you believe there is no God, so in your eyes, christians are just praying to nothing, so how can you say we are getting divine guidance if you dont believe it exists? God doest always protect us from harm, but we can rest easy knowing that we are going to heaven. and when was the last time you heard a Christian say "God made me do it!"?
Actually... I've heard that a few times in courtroom proceedings.

Plus, if you murder someone, do you still go to heaven? I don't think so. You have to EARN your spot, and I seriously doubt that FOUR AND A HALF BILLION PEOPLE are barred from heaven because of where they were born or Christianity simply didn't suit them. Also, I think you should live your life to the fullest, and not live it for an afterlife.

I invite you to read link B. in my sig. And don't say that evolution and creationism are the same, it doesn't make any sense. It's like walking twenty miles in a circle to get next door - less than 20m away.

Oh, and I found out what SLiME stood for: Subsurface Lithoautotrophic Microbial Ecosystem
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Smitty5613
and its past my bedtime ... peace out
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
i think the easy option is not believing in God, and just dicking around with your life.... being a christian is alot harder than that..... being a christian is like when you are in high-school or college, you work now and it pays off later... being an athiest is like being the kid who throws spit wads in the back of he class and doesnt do any work, but he gets screwed later cuz he cant get a job because he didnt graduate
I don't know about you, but that's a very nice way of saying 'Christians rule, atheists fail'
~ Richard Feynman
Smitty5613

Spark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Is it?  Atheists can't turn to divine guidance to solve their problems, they have to do it themselves.  Further, they can't pray for divine intervention, or rest easy in the knowledge that their god protects them.  They have to take full responsibility for everything.
If you are an athiest, then you believe there is no God, so in your eyes, christians are just praying to nothing, so how can you say we are getting divine guidance if you dont believe it exists? God doest always protect us from harm, but we can rest easy knowing that we are going to heaven. and when was the last time you heard a Christian say "God made me do it!"?

Plus, if you murder someone, do you still go to heaven? I don't think so. You have to EARN your spot, and I seriously doubt that FOUR AND A HALF BILLION PEOPLE are barred from heaven because of where they were born or Christianity simply didn't suit them. Also, I think you should live your life to the fullest, and not live it for an afterlife.

I invite you to read link B. in my sig. And don't say that evolution and creationism are the same, it doesn't make any sense. It's like walking twenty miles in a circle to get next door - less than 20m away.

Oh, and I found out what SLiME stood for: Subsurface Lithoautotrophic Microbial Ecosystem
you can go to heaven if you murder sum1, its not how good you are, its if you accept God as your savior, you dont have to earn anything....... and people who dont hear the word of God arent punished as badly as people who hear it everyday yet still dont believe it...... if you want anymore info, go read it for yourself, im out.....
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6531|Adelaide, South Australia

Smitty5613 wrote:

if you want anymore info, go read it for yourself, im out.....
*drops popcorn* Don't pull out now! This is getting good!
Chillay-14
+21|6690
i say this... if god can do all of that! then... God Strike Me Down Now If Your Oh So Powerful and good
Chillay-14
+21|6690
Ohh MY GOD! look im fine
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Smitty5613 wrote:

Spark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

you can go to heaven if you murder sum1, its not how good you are, its if you accept God as your savior, you dont have to earn anything....... and people who dont hear the word of God arent punished as badly as people who hear it everyday yet still dont believe it...... if you want anymore info, go read it for yourself, im out.....
I HAVE read it. Yeesh, you really do believe that believing in God is the be-all-and-end-all, and that the rest of the world can/will go to hell.
~ Richard Feynman
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6498|Latvia

Smitty5613 wrote:

what?.. for the reading part, I tried to read the bible.. but it's so goddamn boring... that small book ended up being thorn apart and being thrown at my room mates.
Ratzinger
+43|6403|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Smitty5613 wrote:

I'ts just not worth it. If that's the best line you got you just failed Human Thought 101.

If the rest of the world could match you for ignorance we would be hitting each other with sticks and eating lice from our hair still.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6669|South West England
Belief has nothing to do with how or why, belief is beyond reason, to believe is because it is absurd
|CoR| CrossFire
+0|6290

Ratzinger wrote:

|CoR| CrossFire wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

Look...im not God, but im sure he got a good reason for it....ask him ur self
That sums it up - if you do believe in a God as great as mine, it doesn't even make sense to question him about those types things (disasters, diseases, sin,) since we really understand so little of His big picture.

see spark, before sin (according to Christians) there was no death, so yea, we really did somehow cause deadly earthquakes and death.  Things changed when we disobeyed.

later!
-CrossFire
See, no matter how illogical or spurious the statement they make, they believe it 100%.

This is how faith works.
sarcasm aside, yea!
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6417

Chillay-14 wrote:

i say this... if god can do all of that! then... God Strike Me Down Now If Your Oh So Powerful and good
Ur pathetic you know that??
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6417
Did you know that just 140,000 people are gonna come to heavn from the day Adam and Eva where made to the end of the world?
Just look in bible, in the last Chapter
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

Did you know that just 140,000 people are gonna come to heavn from the day Adam and Eva where made to the end of the world?
Just look in bible, in the last Chapter
Holy fuck. You take that literally?

Then I have no words to say to you. Let's just hope you're in the minority.
~ Richard Feynman
Ratzinger
+43|6403|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

|CoR| CrossFire wrote:

Ratzinger wrote:

|CoR| CrossFire wrote:

That sums it up - if you do believe in a God as great as mine, it doesn't even make sense to question him about those types things (disasters, diseases, sin,) since we really understand so little of His big picture.

see spark, before sin (according to Christians) there was no death, so yea, we really did somehow cause deadly earthquakes and death.  Things changed when we disobeyed.

later!
-CrossFire
See, no matter how illogical or spurious the statement they make, they believe it 100%.

This is how faith works.
sarcasm aside, yea!
So you accept that its illogical AND spurious, yet wallow in the fact of blind faith, and FEEL JUSTIFIED?

The difference between humans and other animals is the power of reason. Guess which side you just put yourself on!
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
You cannot say your beliefs are justified. That's what makes them beliefs and not knowledge. (trust me - our last three hours of philosophy were on this)
~ Richard Feynman
schofield
+28|6589|west yorkshire UK
big bang, simple. its fact. its science, no such thing as god. ahmen to that you bible bashing idiots
stef10
+173|6494|Denmark
hahahah, does it not grab you once that this may be a trick from God?

r-tard

Last edited by stef10 (2007-08-05 07:03:29)

David.P
Banned
+649|6285
For the same reason you dont.
stef10
+173|6494|Denmark
imo its complete r-tardism that you say that its impossible that there is no GOD because of the big bang. like people really could say that this is the way it happent when it might be so easy for a higher power to stage it and make us believe he is not there as a test.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6537|South Florida
God = Fairy tale for ease of understanding
Evolution = Science. For the intellegent adults who like to back up there beliefs with fact.

Ha, and they make a "Childrens Bible"... Like the real one is childish enough.
15 more years! 15 more years!
stef10
+173|6494|Denmark

Mitch wrote:

God = Fairy tale for ease of understanding
Evolution = Science. For the intellegent adults who like to back up there beliefs with fact.

Ha, and they make a "Childrens Bible"... Like the real one is childish enough.
ok, then because einstein believed in god that makes him a r-tard and you a professor?

hmm

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard