Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.
For some reason on my computer I cant get one of those USB flash drives to work. I plugged it into USB ports that i know for sure work. Its's not locked, and it works on the family computer. Is there any way I can make it work? like anything to install? Thanks in advance.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
There shouldn't be anything to install.  Usually with those it just comes up as a removable drive in My Computer.

However, I had one a while back that wouldn't work with the USB ports on the front of my computer.  It worked fine on the ones in the rear, but that was a pain in the ass since getting to the back of my computer isn't the easiest thing in the world.

...so basically what I'm saying is I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it, but I had something similar happen.
BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6518|Windermere, GB
The front panel ports are often weak and wear out too quick.

You don't have Win 98 do you?
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6568|Cheshire. UK
Thats usually caused by a power problem.....the ports on the rear usually have a better power stream to them than the ones on the front.....or you could try a powered usb hub..
cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.
You could try updating your USB drivers. It may be a case of your computer being USB v1 and the drive being v2.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.
I have used every USB port on my computer. I took my mouse out of one and put the stick into that USB port and it still didnt work. What drivers would there be to check if that is the issue?
bootsy
Banned
+9|6256
check in your device manager
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
Do you have Windows XP SP2?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.

CrazeD wrote:

Do you have Windows XP SP2?
yes.

i did check in device manager and all 6 USB ports on my comp are working, and software is fine.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6607|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Faulty flash drive then?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.

scottomus0 wrote:

Faulty flash drive then?
No, like i said above, it works on my family computer. its my friends flash drive and it works on his computer, and another friends.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida
take the drive to the family computer, copy the contents off it into a folder for backup.

go to my computer - right click on the drives letter - click 'format'

ntfs

go try it again

if success, copy back files.

i saw walmart had sony 4gb flash drives for $3 the other day. i dont know if it was a mistake but i bought one and its worked great. I should've bought like 10.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida
im not realizing this thread was created 6 years ago.

dafuq man.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Epic return

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard