mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6761|Rotherham, England
Okay, i wouldn't normally mind when the next patch comes out, but in this case i am.
Reason is, i'm closing in on 50000 points and my next rank pretty fast and with it i will get some unlocks, but people are saying that perhaps there will be new anti-tank and sniper unlocks in the new patch.
So i don't really want to unlock the MP7 and MG36 (which i dont like), if something else is coming out.

So does anyone have any idea at what sort of time period we're looking at for this next patch??
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)

mjw wrote:

Okay, i wouldn't normally mind when the next patch comes out, but in this case i am.
Reason is, i'm closing in on 50000 points and my next rank pretty fast and with it i will get some unlocks, but people are saying that perhaps there will be new anti-tank and sniper unlocks in the new patch.
So i don't really want to unlock the MP7 and MG36 (which i dont like), if something else is coming out.

So does anyone have any idea at what sort of time period we're looking at for this next patch??
The short answer is: No.

Now, as for unlocks - I find it highly unlikely that we'll get anti-tank and sniper unlocks with 1.2 - patches are just patches - bug fixes and the like - we'll only get new features/unlocks with the next expansion pack, if there is one...
Legit_Xero
+0|6689

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mjw wrote:

The short answer is: No.

Now, as for unlocks - I find it highly unlikely that we'll get anti-tank and sniper unlocks with 1.2 - patches are just patches - bug fixes and the like - we'll only get new features/unlocks with the next expansion pack, if there is one...
it has been officially proven that there will be new unlocks as stated by dice
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
Ya in the form of bouns packs u can buy online, patches dont give weapons, bouns and expansion packs will. from what i hear wont be till spring or summer.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-09 17:13:20)

Drunkaholic
+4|6726
Have you ever heard of BF1942???  Or BFV?
Both of them have gotten loads of content added via official patches.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
yeah, he's right - it's the booster packs, not the patches. So if you wait you'll be waiting awhile...

also, it wouldn't surprise me if they fiddle with the ranks again, and you'll get more unlock tokens anyway, for consider this: if they don't give everyone extra unlock tokens when the extra unlocks are introduced, how will the players who are already at the top rank unlock them? They couldn't rank up anymore and therefore would never get them. So, I think this means extra ranks and/or extra unlock tokens.

edit: btw i call them tokens cos i don't know if they have a real designation

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-09 17:16:32)

Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

Just be patient.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739

Drunkaholic wrote:

they have already made the announcement that following the next patch there will be new bonus packs available via the ea downloader..... in other words u will pay for every inch that they give u.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-09 17:16:07)

ronin1942
+-1|6845

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

Drunkaholic wrote:

they have already made the announcement that following the next patch there will be new bonus packs available via the ea downloader..... in other words u will pay for every inch that they give u.
yes but they also said in the next pach there will be an at and sniper unlock.
DeAThSniPer[CoD]
+8|6773|Virginia, United States
i thought they were jus gonna make the kits better not give u new unlocks
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6718
like Ronin1942 I've also read somewhere that the new patch will include new unlocks for AT and Sniper as they were left out of the SF/1.03 update and they wanted to fix that... I guess we'll just have to wait and see... As for the patches arrival time, all I've heard is soon. They are still testing it but I wouldn't think it would be more than a couple of weeks...

Damn my brother for quitting his job at EA, I used to be able to get all this info from him.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6764
i heard dice has a good idea when =p ..ask them
Hyper
Banned
+154|6753

mjw wrote:

i have an unlock saved for the AT kit
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
this is from http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14052

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 2 – 1.2 Update 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New information on the 1.2 Update:

Hi all,

We are currently working on the next Battlefield 2 update. We believe this update has some significant improvements that everyone will appreciate. We’ve seen the discussions on the forum and will do our best to address as many issues as possible, as soon as possible.

Here is a quick run down of just some of the issues we have been working on.

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
- The G3A3 weapon has been improved
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
- Damage decreased for the M134
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.

We'll be announcing further additions to this list, but that will have to wait until the next update. This is NOT the complete list of items we are working on. As we have more items go through testing and we are sure of a change we will update you.

For now, cheers.

Armando "Aj" Marini
Battlefield Team
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
hey! i was wrong! look:

totalBF2 wrote:

TotalBF2.com: What about new content? Can we expect some new maps or weapons to make the list in this patch, or possibly even a future patch?

Armando: Other than the addition of two new unlock weapons (for the sniper and AT), there will not be more content in the patch. There is a plan for additional content as we move forward, but patches will not be the means of delivering this new content.
edit: here's the whole thing:

totalBF2 wrote:

Interview
Since the last interview with DICE, there have been a few unanswered questions that many of you have asked. We gathered all of these questions from the community and sent them off to DICE for round 2.

TotalBF2.com: There are many comments being made about the helicopter missiles. Can you go into more detail on why this was changed?

Armando: When we began the patch process, there were many complaints about the power of the air vehicles. We take the input from the community seriously. The first suggestion, was to reduce the missile count. This limits the way a helicopter can attack an area. Frankly, I'm rather puzzled by the reaction to this. Lars, our franchise director, lives and breathes this game. The game is what it is because of his direction. He felt this would be a change for the better, and so he suggested it to me. I have the final say on what goes into the patch, so I evaluated the suggestion. In my opinion, it will make the game play better overall.

TotalBF2.com: What ever happened to BFTV?

Armando: BFTV is not dead yet. It was actually something that was proposed for one of the patches. I'm sorry to say though that, at this time, it is not on our agenda for a patch. BFTV is one of those features that has more complexity to it than one might think, complexity beyond just the technical implementation.

TotalBF2.com: It still appears that many people are being affected by the Red Name Tag problem. Will this be resolved in the next patch?

Armando: My policy is to not say anything about what may not make its way into a patch. I don't want the community to get worked up about something that may not happen. However, on this point I will make an exception. We are working on this bug. The problem we are having is that we need a reproducible case in order to know exactly what needs to be fixed. I have asked the community for any information that they know of regarding the server they were playing on, whether autobalance was on or not, how many players where in the game, and whether the players with the incorrect nametag color were team switched or not.

Even if we don't nail it down for 1.2, we will continue to search for the cause.

TotalBF2.com: What about new content? Can we expect some new maps or weapons to make the list in this patch, or possibly even a future patch?

Armando: Other than the addition of two new unlock weapons (for the sniper and AT), there will not be more content in the patch. There is a plan for additional content as we move forward, but patches will not be the means of delivering this new content.

TotalBF2.com: Is there any news on the Final build of the editor? A possible ETA on the release?

Armando: The eta on the next build of the editor looks to be the same as the patch date. As we continue to create content, we continue to work with the editor and find areas where it can be improved.

TotalBF2.com: Will there be any possible performance issues resolved, such as lag or performance enhancements like faster load times?

Armando: We are addressing performance issues. Whether they will be completely resolved or not is a different matter. We have found gains in the game that have yielded an improvement in frame rate. We are looking into improving lag, but I have no news on that matter as of yet. As far as load times go, if we find something that will help, we will surely include it.

TotalBF2.com: We noticed an issue on maps with rough terrain. We have found a problem with the invisible collision mesh on some vehicles, the most noticeable being the M1A1 as illustrated here verses the T90 model seen here. What happens is they take an EXTREME amount of damage when they hit the rough terrain, so much more than the other it is a HUGE disadvantage.

Armando: Yes, we are aware of this. The issue isn't as straight forward as you might expect. Altering the collision creates other issues. We need to find a solution that fixes the problem without creating another in its wake.

We'd like to thank Armando Marini from DICE for taking the time to answer our questions once again! Remember, DICE always reads the forums to find out what you guys are looking for in the next patches. The more feedback available for them, the faster they can come out with patches and prioritize the more important bugs.
regarding that last bit, before everyone starts whining because they think the guy reads everyone's posts, this came from totalBF2, so the interviewer is referring to their forums, and I reckon he was *probably just being polite...

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-09 20:05:03)

Anima05
+1|6762
yay the G3 is being improved
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
i got to me 50,000 mark and am savin me unloks for the patch (plus the added bonus of saving ur unloks is the lil drum beat you get when u log in)
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
Since we got two less unlocks with SF (didn't get one until Sergeant as opposed to Lance Corporal) , they may just give us two more unlocks with the patch.  That would mean we could immediately unlock two more weapons after installing the patch.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)
So, it appears I was wrong (about the next patch probably not having new unlocks)... cool... I wonder what they'll be... and how it'll work - will we get two free unlocks? who knows (well, obviously, EA/Dice and the beta testers is the answer to that one)...

But, then in the interview he says the further content additions will not come in patches, so in a way I was right... sort of...
Scorpion0x17
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)

oberst_enzian wrote:

hey! i was wrong! look:

totalBF2 wrote:

Remember, DICE always reads the forums to find out what you guys are looking for in the next patches. The more feedback available for them, the faster they can come out with patches and prioritize the more important bugs.
regarding that last bit, before everyone starts whining because they think the guy reads everyone's posts, this came from totalBF2, so the interviewer is referring to their forums, and I reckon he was *probably just being polite...
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at DICE does read the BF2s forums - I've worked in a games dev company and they do take this stuff seriously - most big companies employ people to read all the press, web and forum coverage of their products - it's how they know what to do and what not to do... And we do know that DICE are aware of BF2s's existence.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)

Drunkaholic wrote:

I never played 1942 or Vietnam, so I didn't know this... anyhoo, it's an odd way to go about things - introducing new content pottentially introduces new bugs. Patches should be about reducing bugs, not adding them...

But then, we are dealing with EA here, so anything goes, particularly if it's buggy...
Bubba_Bubberson
I crap bigger than you
+0|6714|America!! Fuck Yeah!!!
What is "Prone Spamming" and the "Sprint exploit" that is being fixed?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard