ifandbut
+1|6290
I'v been thinking about getting 2142 for the past week. I played the beta and the demo and really enjoyed titan mode along with the hover tank. I just have a few questions before I make up my mind.

1. How is the lag? When I was playing the beta, full servers with a ping around 100ms would lag like crazy, mainly when running around defending the titan. Has this been fixed or decreased?

2. I play Anti-Tank on BF2. Durning the beta I worked up to the AT unlock and I noticed that it really kinda sucked. The pullet moved too slow to be real effective, only advantage I could see with useing it was no lock on warning. Has this been improved?

That's all I can think of now. Thanks for the responces,
Ifandbut
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6366|Florida, USA
Pilum eats tank ass. We need more engineers in this game. BUY IT
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6637|Ohio
the lag has been a little fixed that you cant move the titan when the shield is down.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6613|Gold coast, Aus.
1, slightly
2, no

You will get bored after awhile....But its fun during the ride
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
Titan mode is still laggy if you're inside the titan in a server with more than 32 players. Just don't play on any titan servers with more than 32 players. Pilum owns everything you shoot it at. If the projectile was any faster it would be insanely overpowered.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
1. Not bad if you got a decent machine

2. Pilum>you
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

In the next patch I believe there is a no moving Titan server option, so that coupled to tweaks etc should get rid of the lag issue almost completly.

Engi class is actually a lot of fun in this game I think, may not be the highest scorin though that is ur choice.  Pilum is awsome!  And the anti air will take down those fly boys who think there awsome every time.  Motion balls can be great on e.g fall of berlin, going through usually full apcs a nice 6 kills for u sir!  And tht defuser to protect urself and others makes it a great kit and great game.

Defo buy it!  If only it keeps u occupied for about 2-300 hours then u become a l337 general like the 10000 other ppl already!!!!!!

Martyn
Volatile
+252|6696|Sextupling in Empire

Get it, but just stay away from my the gunships.
Zukabazuka
+23|6677
1 Well depends on the server I guess and if you don't have that good connection Titan mode might be trouble for you sometimes.

2. Pillum is the worst nightmare for anyone in a tank, walker or APC, It goes faster than the other rockets and deal more damage. Place motion mines behind corner and you will se people getting killed or jump of the vechile to survive.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

1. Lags some on titan if asshats move them to close together.

2. Pilum is a dildo for tanks "."
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6549|Brisbane, Aus

1. even with 50 or less ping on titan mode you can still get extreme lag, but it's a bit better with the 'band-aid fix' of the titans stopping after shield go down.

2. as everyone has said above pillum is the king.

but keep in mind knife detection/walker animations/and other small but annoying glitches are still everywhere in 2142.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6752
Pilum is only king in short range. I used to play AT on Smoke Screen and Dragon alot, and it would utterly useless there.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6753|Internet!
Ah, but there is no Smoke Screen or Dragon Valley in 2142, now is there?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51
In the beginning this game was fun, and I started playing it more and more, but then I got to like Colonel and it started to get boring, ranks just came to easy and I saw no point in continueing, and 2142 started to be overran by total n00b cakes.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6648|UK
lag= depends on your settings and set up, but they are working on it and it has got a little better

ANTI TANK= well its the engineer kit in 2142, and the mines rule, as long as you hode them well, and the pilum fucking hell, you get hit in the arse with one of them, you kiss it goodbye
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
The Pilum H-AVR is fantastic. I had just finished capturing a Silo (flag that releases missiles) when an enemy APC came up. It had around 70HP as there was only a thin trail of smoke. I ran around, aimed and hit the back of it. That was 3 kills, one shot.
Krysiss
+15|6466|NL
If you want to be a noob then get Bf2142
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6437|Australia.
Typical.

Just ignore the people that say "omgz lolz 2142 is liek teh sukzor".
It's still a BF game, and a good one at that. I'm glad I spent my money on it.

Lag = Its okay. I don't notice it much on Titan. If you play Titan, go for /32 servers more than the /48 servers. Little less lag that way.

Anti-Tank = Friggen awesome. The Pilum is one of the best weapons. Even the motion mines will get you get kills, just leave em at a Silo and move on to the next.

In all, whatever choice you make will be the right one. It's up to you.
Krysiss
+15|6466|NL

Macca wrote:

Typical.

Lag = Its okay. I don't notice it much on Titan. If you play Titan, go for /32 servers more than the /48 servers. Little less lag that way.

Anti-Tank = Friggen awesome. The Pilum is one of the best weapons. Even the motion mines will get you get kills, just leave em at a Silo and move on to the next.

Do you know why.

They nerfed the shit of all vehicles.
and I'm a big infantry player, but the mecha of Bf2142 is just an apc in BF2

They makes everything easy to handle but the power of a vehicle in the future, igive me a hear attack.
1 Person can take easy a apc/tank or a mecha. out, with litte effort.

and not to forgot all the unlocks are freaking the same, so seeing your enemy walking with the same unlock is retard ass hell.

Last edited by Krysiss (2007-02-18 05:45:38)

Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6437|Australia.

Krysiss wrote:

Macca wrote:

Typical.

Do you know why.

They makes everything easy to handle but the power of a vehicle in the future, igive me a hear attack.

and not to forgot all the unlocks are freaking the same, so seeing your enemy walking with the same unlock is retard ass hell.
Hey, it's Battlefield:2142, not Battlefield:2. EA/Dice decided to make a new Battlefield title, not release another booster pack for BF:2.
Krysiss
+15|6466|NL

Macca wrote:

Krysiss wrote:

Macca wrote:

Typical.

Do you know why.

Hey, it's Battlefield:2142, not Battlefield:2. EA/Dice decided to make a new Battlefield title, not release another booster pack for BF:2.
I am comparing it you retard.
just stay away from Frontlines or ET:QW
ifandbut
+1|6290

Krysiss wrote:

Macca wrote:

Typical.

Do you know why.

Thanks for all the replies.

Tanks should not be the end-all one-man army they are in bf2. From my experience in the demo it takes a good 3+ shots if you hit them anywhere besides the ass (which is hard to do on the hover tank cause a good driver will keep strafeing).
I was messing around with the walker on the demo and THAT was the 2-man army killing machine. Maybe the  real servers are different because everyone has experience at takeing them down.

Anyways, I'm leaveing now to get it. If I understod some other post correctly, all unlocks are aviable untill monday so it apears to be the best time to get it.

See you all on east coast servers,

Ifandbut
Krysiss
+15|6466|NL

ifandbut wrote:

Krysiss wrote:

Macca wrote:

Typical.

Do you know why.

Thanks for all the replies.

Tanks should not be the end-all one-man army they are in bf2. From my experience in the demo it takes a good 3+ shots if you hit them anywhere besides the ass (which is hard to do on the hover tank cause a good driver will keep strafeing).
I was messing around with the walker on the demo and THAT was the 2-man army killing machine. Maybe the  real servers are different because everyone has experience at takeing them down.

Anyways, I'm leaveing now to get it. If I understod some other post correctly, all unlocks are aviable untill monday so it apears to be the best time to get it.

See you all on east coast servers,

Ifandbut
Me not playing Bf2142 and will never spend mony on it.
I;m just waiting for Frontlines:fuel of war.

something that is not maked by EA monky coders
l41e
+677|6640

Krysiss wrote:

Why you have 300 hours on your BF2 account is beyond me, then.

(by the way, DICE makes the code.)
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6702|Sweden

Krysiss wrote:

Me not playing Bf2142 and will never spend mony on it.
I;m just waiting for Frontlines:fuel of war.

If you actually haveĀ“nt played the game ( beside the demo ) your input in this topic is pretty much worthless. Stick to the things you have a clue about and spare us your nonsense.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard