TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6684|Colorado
Because they cannot think for themselves.
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6417

CameronPoe wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

I belive in God cause hes the one who makes our life so good, without him we wouldnt even be able to play bf2/having fun/eat well food......i am greatful to him!
Yeah it's great that we live in a world free from starvation, thirst, natural disaster, disease, war, debauchery, exploitation, slavery, brutality, bloodshed, social injustice, persecution and racism. God FTW!
About that, lol man these natural disaster like hurricanes are cause humans them selves, the Co2 thing, makes the temprature goes like 30- 800 meters up from the earth, and its like 2+ on the earth, sounds logical to me.....just saw a video about it tho, so most natural disasters is cause humans themselves, so you better thank your self, slavery brutality, bloodshed, social injustice, persecution and racism is all cause human them selves and how they wanna act, but they dont act like Gods want to, if they did it wouldnt have been like this.....
Ratzinger
+43|6403|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Ah, so he's (Fuck sorry He's) responsible for the good stuff, but all the bad things are OUR fault.....

It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic......
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6751
There's nothing wrong with a person having some form of faith, its the blind faith people that are worrying.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6666|United States of America
Allah made Pigs.  Allah made Pigs taste real good.  Allah won't let us eat Pigs.

This explains everything.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Major_Spittle wrote:

Allah made Pigs.  Allah made Pigs taste real good.  Allah won't let us eat Pigs.

Not sure if it's just me, but you haven't made a useful post in weeks.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6417

Ratzinger wrote:

Ah, so he's (Fuck sorry He's) responsible for the good stuff, but all the bad things are OUR fault.....

Yeah most of it....if like someone likes to rape kids, issent that "The raper's" fault?.......If someone like to shoot people, issent that the "pistolman's" fault?
Just use ur brain and you'll figure it out that most bad things who is happening on this earth is made by humans
BVC
+325|6707

Major_Spittle wrote:

We make pigs taste good.  Cured, thinly sliced with mustard tho...or thick slices of ham in manuka honey on the BBQ mmm mmm mmm...why the fuck have my last 3 posts been about food?

Last edited by Pubic (2007-02-18 00:28:51)

Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

Ratzinger wrote:

Yeah most of it....if like someone likes to rape kids, issent that "The raper's" fault?.......If someone like to shoot people, issent that the "pistolman's" fault?
Just use ur brain and you'll figure it out that most bad things who is happening on this earth is made by humans
And how many earthquakes or volcanic eruptions have humans caused... ever?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6417

Spark wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

Ratzinger wrote:

Look...im not God, but im sure he got a good reason for it....ask him ur self
|CoR| CrossFire
+0|6289

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

Spark wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

That sums it up - if you do believe in a God as great as mine, it doesn't even make sense to question him about those types things (disasters, diseases, sin,) since we really understand so little of His big picture.

see spark, before sin (according to Christians) there was no death, so yea, we really did somehow cause deadly earthquakes and death.  Things changed when we disobeyed.

later!
-CrossFire
Ratzinger
+43|6403|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

|CoR| CrossFire wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

Spark wrote:

That sums it up - if you do believe in a God as great as mine, it doesn't even make sense to question him about those types things (disasters, diseases, sin,) since we really understand so little of His big picture.

see spark, before sin (according to Christians) there was no death, so yea, we really did somehow cause deadly earthquakes and death.  Things changed when we disobeyed.

later!
-CrossFire
See, no matter how illogical or spurious the statement they make, they believe it 100%.

This is how faith works.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573
So then explain how we came to be here with science.

And no, Big Bang won't do it.  What created that?
Smitty5613
+46|6538|Middle of nowhere, California
well, wouldn't you rather believe in God and die and find out there is no God.... or not believe in God, and die and find out you are going to hell???
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

|CoR| CrossFire wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

Spark wrote:

later!
-CrossFire
Don't dodge the question. How many earthquakes or volcanic eruptions have humans caused... ever?

Also, your logic makes no sense whatsoever - it should be pretty obvious why. Another thing: no priest, reverend or other clergy that I have met supports a literal interpretation of Genesis. They know as well as I do that doing so is stupid.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Smitty5613 wrote:

well, wouldn't you rather believe in God and die and find out there is no God.... or not believe in God, and die and find out you are going to hell???
I would rather believe what I believe than take the easy option out. Stand for something or fall for anything.
~ Richard Feynman
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
~ Richard Feynman
Smitty5613

Spark wrote:

|CoR| CrossFire wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

later!
-CrossFire
Don't dodge the question. How many earthquakes or volcanic eruptions have humans caused... ever?

Also, your logic makes no sense whatsoever - it should be pretty obvious why. Another thing: no priest, reverend or other clergy that I have met supports a literal interpretation of Genesis. They know as well as I do that doing so is stupid.
then don't believe it, its your choice whether you want to or not, it all part of God's plan whether you like it or not...... if you read the Bible, you would see that adam and eve (not adam and steve lol) were in the garden of eden, and when they sinned they were thrown out, im sure there were no volcanos or earthquakes in the garden, so it is mans fault that we were thrown out, so wouldnt that make it our fault for volcanos and earthquakes in our lives????
Smitty5613

Spark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

I would rather believe what I believe than take the easy option out. Stand for something or fall for anything.
whats the easy option, believing in God? i think the easy option is not believing in God, and just dicking around with your life.... being a christian is alot harder than that..... being a christian is like when you are in high-school or college, you work now and it pays off later... being an athiest is like being the kid who throws spit wads in the back of he class and doesnt do any work, but he gets screwed later cuz he cant get a job because he didnt graduate
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573
Is it?  Atheists can't turn to divine guidance to solve their problems, they have to do it themselves.  Further, they can't pray for divine intervention, or rest easy in the knowledge that their god protects them.  They have to take full responsibility for everything.
Smitty5613

Bubbalo wrote:

Is it?  Atheists can't turn to divine guidance to solve their problems, they have to do it themselves.  Further, they can't pray for divine intervention, or rest easy in the knowledge that their god protects them.  They have to take full responsibility for everything.
If you are an athiest, then you believe there is no God, so in your eyes, christians are just praying to nothing, so how can you say we are getting divine guidance if you dont believe it exists? God doest always protect us from harm, but we can rest easy knowing that we are going to heaven. and when was the last time you heard a Christian say "God made me do it!"?
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Smitty5613 wrote:

Spark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

whats the easy option, believing in God? i think the easy option is not believing in God, and just dicking around with your life.... being a christian is alot harder than that..... being a christian is like when you are in high-school or college, you work now and it pays off later... being an athiest is like being the kid who throws spit wads in the back of he class and doesnt do any work, but he gets screwed later cuz he cant get a job because he didnt graduate
What's easier - saying that a rock was formed by natural processes (which makes far, far more sense) or that someone 'made' it?

And fuck you and your analogy. If that's (the last sentence or so) what you believe you can haul you and your God to your heaven, the rest of us don't want you here.
~ Richard Feynman
Smitty5613

Spark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Spark wrote:

What's easier - saying that a rock was formed by natural processes (which makes far, far more sense) or that someone 'made' it?

And fuck you and your analogy. If that's (the last sentence or so) what you believe you can haul you and your God to your heaven, the rest of us don't want you here.
if a rock was formed by natural processes, then were did the "ingredients" it was made from come from? and how did such a complex process start happening?

and do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
Smitty5613
so go right a book and I'll read it later........

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard