alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6675|Houston, Texas
Do you pay for the server? If so, it's my personal view you can do whatever the F you want. Cry babies have made things like the BF2ROE to say you pay all that money, but you can't do what you want. meh
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

• No
  • Yes
  • Yes
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
i would ban an "ubersturmbannfuhrer", too. even if it is meant to be funny - i don´t know this from the name. nazi-names = permban.
Valefor
Banned
+0|6281
how is ubersturmbahnfuhrer a nazi name?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
He's from Finland. I doubt it's a nazi name.

Last edited by BigmacK (2007-02-17 12:02:49)

-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6795|South Cybertown, Texas
I have been Kicked and Ban from servers for:

Being too good!
In a plane or chopper the admin wanted!
Killing a sniper in a Uncap who was shooting me from within!
kill the Admin/Commander in an uncap while taking out assests!
Killing too many people in an uncap while taking out Assests!
Killing an Admin too many times in a row!

(96 / 5)! That doen't include all the Kick votes that nerver materialized.

It sucks, it happens, who cares! It's just a game!
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6495|Berlin, Germany

Valefor wrote:

how is ubersturmbahnfuhrer a nazi name?

BigmacK wrote:

He's from Finland. I doubt it's a nazi name.
do you guys read the threads you post in? FFS it was a (high)Rank in the SS. an if you don't know what the SS was and did - you better go back to school and learn a little bit about WWII and "the third Reich"
Valefor
Banned
+0|6281
So you're telling a university student to go back to school?
I tried translation utilities available to me online, no avail.

He probably chose a high ranking name, because, well, to be honest, he's good.

I've played against (and with) him and DonFck (Sturmpanzerjager) and they're a good chopper team.
NordsternMN
+1|6306
Some people are just plain PRICKS.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/germanboy/screen007.png[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/germanboy/screen008.png[/img]

I reported him to EA, then got one of those generic responses that said "please include blah blah blah info" even though I did.

Got another response a few days later saying he was investigated.

He got wiped. Yay!
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6495|Berlin, Germany

Valefor wrote:

So you're telling a university student to go back to school?
I tried translation utilities available to me online, no avail.

He probably chose a high ranking name, because, well, to be honest, he's good.

I've played against (and with) him and DonFck (Sturmpanzerjager) and they're a good chopper team.
LOL! Dude... as it was said before. its nothing personal and if hes good or not doesn't matter. He can choose whatever he wants as his name, but if his name contains nazi or racist content thats a ban on many servers. PERIOD.

And yes, if you don't know what the SS and Nazis did then u better go back to school Which Universtity takes students who have no clue of History??? Also, trying to translate a rank that is combined from Nazi-and  Leetspeak wont help you... but try looking it up on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmbannf%C3%BChrer

so:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

i would ban an "ubersturmbannfuhrer", too. even if it is meant to be funny - i don´t know this from the name. nazi-names = permban.
QFT
Drexel
+43|6478|Philadelphia

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

There should be an official software bot that takes care of the kicking and banning, cause the human nature can´t handle such "power"
There is...

It's called BF2cc and that's what I use to run our clan's server.  The auto admin is amazing, because if a guy starts cursing, all I do is sit back and start smiling.  I know exactly what's going to happen next.

I'm not sure how many know about BF2cc, but the auto admin has many settings that can automatically do what you'd do most of the time.  You can set the low score kick, language filters, ping tk, tk punish, and all that good stuff.  You can also set it where you get banned if you get kicked twice.

So if you ever do get kicked/banned in our server, 89% of the time it will be by that program, not some "lame admin who is so young he can't see over the keyboard"

**PS**  I was reading more of the posts after I posted.  =WFC= has a server up.  It's not always running, but we encourage both clans and pubs to join.  We don't even open the admin program unless someone won't listen to the posted rules. (happens like 2 times a week)

Last edited by Drexel (2007-02-19 13:40:20)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Drexel wrote:

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

There should be an official software bot that takes care of the kicking and banning, cause the human nature can´t handle such "power"
There is...

It's called BF2cc and that's what I use to run our clan's server.  The auto admin is amazing, because if a guy starts cursing, all I do is sit back and start smiling.  I know exactly what's going to happen next.

I'm not sure how many know about BF2cc, but the auto admin has many settings that can automatically do what you'd do most of the time.  You can set the low score kick, language filters, ping tk, tk punish, and all that good stuff.  You can also set it where you get banned if you get kicked twice.

So if you ever do get kicked/banned in our server, 89% of the time it will be by that program, not some "lame admin who is so young he can't see over the keyboard"
Yes, Uber and I use bf2cc for adminning our server. and to be honest the Auto-admin sucks ass. We have no language filter - the game's rated 16+. That means that words like ****, ***** and ****** ****-****** shouldn't be that unknown to the users of the game.

As far as insta banning/-kicking me and Uber for our game nicks goes, is of course in our opinion being so "politically correct" that it becomes a problem (and are actions not by bf2cc, but admins themselves). This happens usually in German servers (big surprise there, right?). And the kick reason is usually : "Du bist ein Nazi, Uber, du auch Sturmpanzerjager". There's just about as much nazi in me and Uber, as there is in Woody Allen or Anne Frank (waits for someone to post a clip from Clerks 2). So you can't have angry-sounding military ranks as nicks? I think that's just about as absurd as the existance of a "Christian gaming Server" for this game!

wait.. never mind..

/rant

Last edited by DonFck (2007-02-19 13:59:48)

I need around tree fiddy.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6437|UK
see its shit like this, that that thread was about

i join the server im in it for less that 10 mins then i get this..

https://img405.imageshack.us/img405/879/lolxh9.png

i think he meant aimbot though..

12 year old.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6625|Camp XRay

k
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Simon
basically
+838|6660|UK
Why did you feel the need to create a new thread?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard