De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6545|Belgium

well, I searched, but couldn't find a combined thread, my question is: How do you evade Air to Air missiles in dogfights for each jet?

I have been flying for a while now, but in some planes it just don't work. Especially for bombers people seem to be selfish and want to keep the tricks for themselves. I haven't figured it out yet, and I'm tired of flying wonderful, timing the flares correct, only to have the second plane in my back and release hell on me.

Anyway:what I know:
J10: basicly fly, not straight though, but when you turn most missiles pass you, I usually go for the loop up while turning a bit too. (or a barrel roll)

F35b: this is a hard one, it's all about timing the flares and then you have to make sure they don't regain a lock on you or you die. (although I have seen missiles go past them, so if anyone knows this trick?). This is without doubt the worst plane in evading.

F-18: Just do a loop up, till all 6 missiles have passed you, then start turning and other tricks so you don't get shot by the MG

Mig, I haven't used this jet for a long time now, Still need to figure it out.

Su-34, F15, Su 30: NO idea,slowing down sometimes helps but not always.

So if any of you know how to evade missiles in the bombers or Mig (or F35b decently), then I would love to know!
SteikeTa
+153|6765|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
F35b.... You can actually keep them behind you untill they explode or something similar. Just get an alt. of 700 and up... not too high of course and hit the afterburner. I didnt get it on fraps but one time i had 2 after me and I was looking behind and saw them explode. Looked like they had the same speed as I did. Many times when I am out of flares and they regain lock I am usually high up and press on the afterburner. When I was fooling around with the joystick I once bought, I was actually trying to.... don't remember, but I couldn't use the joystick and ended up just rolling around with great speed and high up and saw them fly past me. That was pure luck
simmy.uk
+117|6455
Barrelling rolling in US planes helps you avoid the j10 missiles. Try and fly really low to break the lockon the missile has.

Slow down, turn sharply and hit the thrusters. J10''s just turn sharply.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6345

Best way to evade missles from another jet? Heres the secret, you ready for it?

Ready...?

Hold on to your seat!

Its just one simple rule....

Press 'E' !
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6486

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Ready...?

Hold on to your seat!

Press 'E' !
That doesn't work always, you just might get hit by loose missile if you are unlucky.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6666|Norway

simmy.uk wrote:

Barrelling rolling in US planes helps you avoid the j10 missiles. Try and fly really low to break the lockon the missile has.

Barrel rolling does not help at all, i laugh my ass off when i see people do that...

Look behind you, watch the missiles, when they are just about to hit, flare. Oh yes, and turn like hell, turn all the time, turn in different directions, The F35b have a much shorter response time than the other planes, so you might shake them off this way.

Then try to gain as much altitude as possible, make sure you have not used all of your afterburner^^
When you fly above 600 feet and afterburn, you can shake the j10/mig off easily because you can go 2-3 times as fast at high altitudes.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6486

Fredrik wrote:

simmy.uk wrote:

Barrel rolling does not help at all, i laugh my ass off when i see people do that...

Look behind you, watch the missiles, when they are just about to hit, flare. Oh yes, and turn like hell, turn all the time, turn in different directions, The F35b have a much shorter response time than the other planes, so you might shake them off this way.

Then try to gain as much altitude as possible, make sure you have not used all of your afterburner^^
When you fly above 600 feet and afterburn, you can shake the j10/mig off easily because you can go 2-3 times as fast at high altitudes.
I think we should belive him since he owns too much in F35 Seriously.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6333|Newcastle UK
lol i figured like a trick which if i can manage can do 80% of missiles miss and i am defiantly not telling any one that. First of all try a split which looses lock.

In the f-18, f15 rolling to the side helps greatly and boosts the missile deflection to around 80%.

The only thing that tends to work in the bomber is correct flaring and i have also found that if you are higher up (more speed) your maneuvers have more chance or working and FFS DON'T SLOW DOWN.

If you get a jet on your tail in the mig you should be able to out turn them or if you cant try by any means making the angle of the missile to the rear of the plane as big as possible by either rolling or looping.

What i will say about the f35 is that you can actually out run missiles when you are between 810 and 890 ( you still have control) another thing would be to do a split s to avoid the lock but i haven't really found anything thats affective if your locked with no flares.
simmy.uk
+117|6455
From experience. barrel rolling helps in conjuntion with turning sharply, use of thrusters, gaining altitude and firing your countermeasures at the last possible second.

Barrel rolling does help imo if used correctly.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6695|Middle of nowhere
i find that using the Split-S with afterburners AFTER they have fired their missiles works the best, but that's just me, also, use your flares on the upswing of the Split-S so they have double effect.  After the split S, just do random maneuvers to lose your pursuer.

So my advice:

SPLIT-S!!
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6345

Fredrik wrote:

simmy.uk wrote:

wtf? A ratio of 28:1 in a jet? WOw. So is that with an F-35? Hmmm, you should join me on a server and let me chase you around with a J10, i'd like to see how exactly you evade my never miss missles.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
SteikeTa
+153|6765|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

simmy.uk wrote:

wtf? A ratio of 28:1 in a jet? WOw. So is that with an F-35? Hmmm, you should join me on a server and let me chase you around with a J10, i'd like to see how exactly you evade my never miss missles.
I can do that with you
Even though I don't play as much as before...

Anyway, I think he more wants to know how to evade missiles AFTER he is out of flares. So telling him that drop the flares just before impact(witch is correct) is not the answer he wants guys.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6666|Norway

OakLeaves wrote:

What i will say about the f35 is that you can actually out run missiles when you are between 810 and 890 ( you still have control) another thing would be to do a split s to avoid the lock but i haven't really found anything thats affective if your locked with no flares.
I agree with everything. The only trick i know is to avoid the lock in the first place. It`s easy to avoid missiles with all the other jets really.

My sig is actually a joke, i made it by kicking my self from my own karkand server
Check out my f35/wake account if you want, video coming soon
paper_pieon
+7|6321

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Ready...?

Hold on to your seat!

Press 'E' !
so true!
chile1
+2|6323
when they shoot the missle change views so u can see behind u and when u see the missle pretty close let go of the flares and do loop
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6666|Norway

chile1 wrote:

when they shoot the missle change views so u can see behind u and when u see the missle pretty close let go of the flares and do loop
This is correct, and just what i said. Only with punctuation...
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6504|Melbourne

OakLeaves wrote:

lol i figured like a trick which if i can manage can do 80% of missiles miss and i am defiantly not telling any one that. First of all try a split which looses lock.

In the f-18, f15 rolling to the side helps greatly and boosts the missile deflection to around 80%.

The only thing that tends to work in the bomber is correct flaring and i have also found that if you are higher up (more speed) your maneuvers have more chance or working and FFS DON'T SLOW DOWN.

If you get a jet on your tail in the mig you should be able to out turn them or if you cant try by any means making the angle of the missile to the rear of the plane as big as possible by either rolling or looping.

Thats exactly what i was going to say....

Its all right there  but first thing is never allow the lock in the first place.  Practice.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6345

If I have to contribute an actual tip it would be this: wait nevermind, you said AFTER you release flares right? Well then, i revert to my previous Post above ^ (Bail!)

But joking aside here's the tip: Always check your view behind ESPECIALLY after a bomb run, if you see a jet far behind you, hit the afterburners and fly STRAIGHT up into the clouds, once your at like, 600 alt, level out and lower your alt. until you can see everything below you. Continue back to the carrier for a reload, or circle the map in cockpit view, and free look left and right below you for enemy jets. It helps if you bank your jet to the left so when you look left, you can see better and vise versa.

Also, if you get a missle lock, change view, if he fires just one missle try to evade it but dont use flares and DONT use afterburners its just more of a heat lock. You'll likely get hit, but after it hits, bank downwards hit your flares so they go UP into the sky, then hit your burners, pull back on the stick and fly up as fast as you can the flares should cover you for awhile. Do a split S and hope you loose him. Also, if you keep your camera behind you, you can see him trying to follow, you will know what direction he is turning, so turn in the opposite.

Also always watch behind so if he breaks off, if you feel man enough, cut around and try to chase him.

Another tip: Invite the other pilot to join your squad, and use VOIP chat. Let eachother know where the jets are.

If this helped at all don't forget there is more then one way to say thanx

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-02-16 16:52:59)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6664
I've said what the trick is before but people ignore it so I really don't care.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6687
Split-S. Release your flares just before apex of the first climb, so they release on a verticle trajectory. Then you can fly through them on the second loop. Remember to cease burn just before rolling into straight and level, or you'll change direction far too much and miss your flares on the second pass. Burn into the next loop.

Don't lose too much altitude.

Don't flame out.

Full burn on all turns/climbs.

If all else fails, and you can't shake him/her, sometimes doing insanely-close-to-the-ground flying can make em fly into a building. (No, not really, but at least you die very spectacularly. >.>)

Remember altitude is stored speed. Be aware of your own flight ceiling and the flight ceilings of the other aircraft; some of the birds lose control much, much earlier, and this means you can just take em up to their flight ceiling and shake em there.

If you hear constant tone, you are 5x more likely to escape, as they're flying with lock, which means they're stupid. If you hear fleeting, quick tones, be afraid. Evade harder, as they're switching from bomb sight to air-to-air quickly to get a lock and release missiles without you realising they're on your six.

Rear view is your friend.

If you're in one of those F35 jobbies, you're already dead, so just make sure to be behind them next time.

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2007-02-16 20:22:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard