klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6593|Sweden
Ok deeznuts.
I can see that you and me are a bit different since we live in two different countries, but  I respect your decision at the time of the incident. in sweden it's illegal to carry concealed firearms, so we kind of don't have that problem. I would have swallowed my pride and gived the kid a cigarette just too se if it worked, before pulling out the sidearm. But my goal is to avoid violence at all costs. And i'm also a coward.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6500|Connecticut

klassekock wrote:

Ok deeznuts.
I can see that you and me are a bit different since we live in two different countries, but  I respect your decision at the time of the incident. in sweden it's illegal to carry concealed firearms, so we kind of don't have that problem. I would have swallowed my pride and gived the kid a cigarette just too se if it worked, before pulling out the sidearm. But my goal is to avoid violence at all costs. And i'm also a coward.
I doubt you are a coward. It takes bravery to stand behind your convictions, ours are just different thats all.
Malloy must go
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6703|NJ

deeznutz1245 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok because the OP wasn't the most discriptive... That's why I"m asking questions, I might have just read it wrong..

Here's the picture that's painted in my head.. You left the mall, they were all just hanging around, you lite up a cig. The kid askes you for one in "street talk" you say no... The he says "how about we knock you out" and they stand up.. You show the firearm, that was the picture that was painted in my head, more of a pissing contest up to the firearm part..

But seriously, they were going to start a fight in front of a mall?? How stupid can one be, with all the security there and usually the police patroling they would have been arrested in 5 mins, unless it was a strip mall.
Maybe our malls are different. Most have security but not this one. There is a PD about 2 miles away but they are not very responsive, especially to a mall fight.
We have security in all of our indoor malls, the strip malls or ones where you have to walk outside to get to store to store are different.. Our indoor malls have mostly off duty police working patrol in there uniforms and decent security. But I also live in the state that has most police per square mile.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6662|United States of America

deeznutz1245 wrote:

1) Not provoking so to speak, more the less concerned with someone following at a to close range and establishing lack of fear.

2) I stated if necessary I had fully intended on using it. That is why it was coming out of my holster. They ran like they saw a ghost and I had deemed the situation difused.

3)If any of them had a gun then they would be dead. Like I mentioned earlier I carry a Glock 19c, which is a single action. No hammer. I am a proponent of the theory if you are unholstering your firearm it should be to use it. Not to say that they werent trained but I am comfortable in my abilities. I am a licensed BEA agent in the state of Connecticut and I do that as a second job. I shoot at least 3 times per week at my gun club. It would not have been show and tell at all.

4) I didnt teach them anything and you and I both know it. They are scummy baggy pants wearing peices of shit who you and I will unfortunately support through liberal social services for the rest of their wastefull, reckless lives. They have parental shortcomings and infatuations with a thug lifestyle that I can assure you did not stem from our encounter that they initiated.

PS- I had later stated that I did not want to engage them for the fear of my own firearm being used on us. Or for them to steal it and harm anyone else later. Perhaps you missed that part.
Your right, I was not there and my statement was uncalled for.  I pictured something different in my head.  I am not saying at all that you would have been wrong to shoot 'em if they approched you after threatening you and your wife, I just pictured being able to walk back into the mall and calling the police without saying anything else to them after being threatened.

I actually think it is great to have people packing especially when they are trained law abiding citizens.  In Montana, where I'm from originally, you can carry in the open but have to get a permit to conceal it.  Quite a few of the Montana Militia would pack on their hip just as an affirmation of their rights, alway felt more secure when they were around.  Like being in the presence of a policeman.  +1 to you.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6532|South Florida

deeznutz1245 wrote:

klassekock wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I have my concealed weapon permit already and if they had engaged me I would have used it. How is that dumb again? A licensed, trained permitee protecting his family from unwarranted violence?
Now you're acting that hostile again...

Calm down and give him a cigarette next time. Must be better than shooting someone, even though he's a punk?
Absolutely not. I do not reciprocate improper behavior with reward. Ever. My god damned dog is disciplined better than these punks. I allow them to be rude and bully like, and I am supposed to conform to the agenda of giving them what they want to avoid conflict. Fuck that. They later evolve into fucking theives if they arent already, with a sense of owed entitlement because they were continuously rewarded by society with "treats". You see, training my yellow lab to flush birds is very similar. Ask nicely and I would open the pack and say take a few for later. Be a bully and you get what you deserve. I dismiss the logic that I should have folded to their demands to disolve anything. Good citizens should not live like that. I would rather die on my feet than live on my fucking knees. Long live America and Her liberties.
Fuck yes!!! You are the kind of american we need more of! You represent the america that i want to live in! Thank you! Long live America and Her liberties.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6682|Belgium

klassekock wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

LOL, kind of a dumb move on your part.  You are the reason you have to take a class in many counties before you can get a conceiled weapon permit.
I have my concealed weapon permit already and if they had engaged me I would have used it. How is that dumb again? A licensed, trained permitee protecting his family from unwarranted violence?
Now you're acting that hostile again...

Calm down and give him a cigarette next time. Must be better than shooting someone, even though he's a punk?
Rule # 1: never let any stranger come close to you so he can attack you with a conceiled knife or weapon.
Erkut.hv
+124|6742|California

klassekock wrote:

Ok deeznuts.
Odds are they were going to try and beat his ass regardless. The gun probably saved him from some head trauma, and his girlfriend from requiring therapy.

Scenario: You give them a cigarette. They kick your ass. Now you are still in the hospital, and you gave the guys who kicked your ass your last cigarette. Now you can't even have a post ass whipping smoke.
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6593|Sweden
In my world I try to do things in a certain order.
!. Give him a cigarette. To aviod a fight if possible.
2. If he still wants to kick your ass then flash your piece.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6662|United States of America

klassekock wrote:

In my world I try to do things in a certain order.
!. Give him a cigarette. To aviod a fight if possible.
2. If he still wants to kick your ass then flash your piece.
You're from Sweden.

Last edited by Major_Spittle (2007-02-16 10:11:44)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6703|NJ
I kinda want a more descriptive story.. Where they black/white, what store you were leaving.. Time of night, where there other people around... I want a better picture to make my decision
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6403|Indianapolis, IN

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Miller wrote:

Liberals.
There isn't a thing wrong with that, I would have done the same thing, I would have waited on them to jump on me first and then cap one of them.

You have a permit, meaning you've not been convicted of a felony, naturally a court/cop would see you as a law abiding citizen. Kudos to you my friend, I hope they shit their pants.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6669|USA
@ op

Smack the kid, get arrested.

Or Shoot and kill the kid, get arrested. Prove self-defense against an unarmed person. Very hard to do.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6743|Salt Lake City

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

@ op

Or Shoot and kill the kid, get arrested. Prove self-defense against an unarmed person. Very hard to do.
AT 5:1 odds, it wouldn't be that hard to prove self defense.
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6771

Tompie913 wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Tompie913 wrote:

It's possible to be a conservative democrat, just a democrat who doesn't want *alot* of change. You can't be a liberal republican beacause liberal is a synonym for democrat
i kno a guy who is registered democrat, but is against gun laws, watches fox news, and votes almost exclusively republican....... so i guess that would make him a conservative democrat?
Yes. And on '08, I want Obama to win
Please tell me his stance on anything, please.  I've yet to hear his opinions, he's running stances, etc.  Everyone just wants him as a favorite because he is a pretty face not to mention black.  Some people just want1st African American President in the US even if they don't know his stance on topics.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6723|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

@ op

AT 5:1 odds, it wouldn't be that hard to prove self defense.
And not just the odds, but they also stated their intent to do brutal bodily harm.  With witnesses, it wouldn't be that hard to prove in court.
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6771
As for Deeznuts, I would say that because they had 5 words to your 1 you would lose in the American Courts.  The United States is shifting to a more liberal stance for some reason.  The reason is far beyond my reach of mind.  Because of this we are shifting from freedom to's (of) to freedom from's.
We started as:
freedom of Speach
freedom to worship
etc. etc.

Since the New Deal (Liberal means of ending the Great Depression):
Freedom from Fear (Social Security)
Freedom from Want (welfare)

Now some of these new freedoms sound great, but you have to understand that the money comes from taxes.  This was the end of privilage for the few (as so called by the New Deal and the left).  What it actually meant that there was less reaping the benefits of what you sow. 

You can sow the same amount but your returns decreased and decreased.  Same with our freedoms of choice and freewill.  If you look at what is going on is that everyones' lives in the United States there is less and less choice.  You cannot defend yourself without the risk of being prosecuted, you cannot make money without a significent chunk of it going to supporting people who have not the selfwill or self discipline to either get the already free education or work ethic to move up in any field of employment.

The far left of the political spectrum is as follows:
Anarchy: You immediately think that there is no government how can this be.  This is because everyone thinks the same thing, everyone acts the same, everyone dresses the same.  There is no need for government because everyone is so like minded that no one would dare do something that required a government.

The far right is:
State of Chaos:  Again no government but you also have free will, choice and risks.  This is Darwin's world.  The strongest survive because you can go to anyone and take what you will as long as you can either physically or mentally or manuever them.  Life is risky, life is dangerous, but you can do whatever you want anytime you want, for whatever reason you want.

The United States first started as a very far right country with the Bills of Confederancy.  The only problem was that the central government (National Government) was so limited and small that it could not raise an army, levy taxes, or even negociate with other countries.  This last reason was the straw that broke the camel's back when the U.S. tried to negoiate with Great Britan shortly after the Revolutionary War and they declined stating that the individual state governments held so much more power that they would rather talk directly with them.

Call this government halfway between moderate and State of Chaos.  Great Britan was more left at the time, being rather totalitarian, everyone has to bend to the King's will. 

Today the United States still leands a little bit to the right of moderate while nearly every other 1st world country leans on the left of the moderate.  This makes us rather at odds over some issues.  Some of our citizens are rather far to the left, this is one of the oldest freedoms we have, freedom of expression and our own personal beliefs.  If we don't watch what happens, be it a Democrate, Republican, Indepent, or some other new political party may even take away this right.
alpinestar
+304|6603|New York City baby.
yo you gotta cig, na ? don't make me knock you the fuck out in front of all forum members.
13rin
+977|6486

deeznutz1245 wrote:

So I was out with my wife the other night because we had the rare occurance of the grandparents babysitting for us. Coming out of the mall we encountered some punks in their early twenties loitering outside the mall entrance. One of them said " yo my man, let me get a cigarette" and then I replied "I dont have any". Even though I did he didnt know that and then he said " well you better get some or you'll get knocked out in front of your bitch". To which I turned around and replied " go fuck off you 6th grade drop out". I am sure I dont have to tell you that him and his friends were clearly looking for a fight and now had found one. They began to approach me and I opened my jacket rocking my sidearm out of its level 2 holster and all of a sudden they were no longer tough. Now, my question is this: when is it acceptable to to just beat the shit out of someone for just being an asshole? I would have lost, I was outnumbered 5 to 1, so I was taking no chances but if it were only two of them (and the wife wasnt there) I would have made it interesting. To make this serious, why do people get away with being punks and why do we not get to slap the shit out of them without getting arrested?
Good for you.  Here in FL (not just parts of it) you no longer have the obligation to run away until cornered like a rat before "you have the right" to defend yourself.  You can now lawfully protect you self and any others from a forcible felony.  I was on the Senate floor hearing the debate as Senator Peaden brought that bill forth.  Good stuff.  It made me proud to be an American.  You were facing 5-1 odds?  Yea, I'd say you could be in fear for your life.  I'm glad your concealed permit and weapon stopped a violent crime.  +1 for the good guys!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
tjm0264
+0|6400|Downingtown,PA
you would be arrested.  if you fired, involuntary manslaughter at the least.  In Pennsylvania anyway
tjm0264
+0|6400|Downingtown,PA
Also, articulate the "fear" of you life...you can't.  At least not with the information provided.  People who carry guns are scared.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6286
You had me with you right up until you asked why you can't just slap the shit out of someone for being an asshole. Everybody, everybody, has the right to defend themselves against an aggressor with an appropriate level of force. Period, end statement. As such, showing them that you had the upper hand as far as force is completely appropriate. End result, nobody hurt, punks not feeling quite so tough, situation pretty much dealt with.

Now, lame liberal-baiting aside, you know why you can't just dope-slap someone for being an asshole, or at least why you shouldn't? Simple. Everybody's an asshole to someone. Unless I napped through the formation of a legislative body dedicated entirely to the establishment of a legal definition of assholery, anyone can fall under the definition by someone else's standards. So, everybody prepared to accept the consequences of "we should be able to beat the crap out of someone for being an asshole" when everybody gets to decide what an asshole is using their own arbitrary criteria? I'm sure as hell not, I don't have enough free hours in the day for that.

There is a huge, yawning chasm between the idea of defending yourself or someone else from harm and just whomping on someone who you personally don't like for whatever reason. The very idea of the latter is an insult to the former, since it's pretty much just the same kind of thuggery those five tried to perpetrate on you. You hadn't caused them any real harm, maybe some ego-bruising but they had that coming, they just didn't like you. Maybe, perish the thought, they saw you as an asshole. I don't think they were right, but again we go into arbitrary personal standards of what's an asshole.

Oh and folks, you would really honestly be surprised how many people you consider "liberals" not only own guns but want nothing to do with ridiculous feel-good anti-gun legislation like the Assault Weapons Ban. But maybe you guys could do us a favor and ask the supposedly pro-gun NRA why they're so interested in creating more divisions among gun owners with their "God, guns and guts" schtick and perpetuation of "hippie gun-grabber lefty" stereotypes instead of doing something more substantial towards a sane national policy on firearms. They lost my support when they stopped concentrating on protecting the freedoms of all Americans and started playing this "Well you're not like me so you're not a real American and you don't deserve any rights, let alone the right to bear arms" game.

Last edited by HunterOfSkulls (2007-02-17 01:48:24)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6500|Connecticut

Major_Spittle wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

1) Not provoking so to speak, more the less concerned with someone following at a to close range and establishing lack of fear.

2) I stated if necessary I had fully intended on using it. That is why it was coming out of my holster. They ran like they saw a ghost and I had deemed the situation difused.

3)If any of them had a gun then they would be dead. Like I mentioned earlier I carry a Glock 19c, which is a single action. No hammer. I am a proponent of the theory if you are unholstering your firearm it should be to use it. Not to say that they werent trained but I am comfortable in my abilities. I am a licensed BEA agent in the state of Connecticut and I do that as a second job. I shoot at least 3 times per week at my gun club. It would not have been show and tell at all.

4) I didnt teach them anything and you and I both know it. They are scummy baggy pants wearing peices of shit who you and I will unfortunately support through liberal social services for the rest of their wastefull, reckless lives. They have parental shortcomings and infatuations with a thug lifestyle that I can assure you did not stem from our encounter that they initiated.

PS- I had later stated that I did not want to engage them for the fear of my own firearm being used on us. Or for them to steal it and harm anyone else later. Perhaps you missed that part.
Your right, I was not there and my statement was uncalled for.  I pictured something different in my head.  I am not saying at all that you would have been wrong to shoot 'em if they approched you after threatening you and your wife, I just pictured being able to walk back into the mall and calling the police without saying anything else to them after being threatened.

I actually think it is great to have people packing especially when they are trained law abiding citizens.  In Montana, where I'm from originally, you can carry in the open but have to get a permit to conceal it.  Quite a few of the Montana Militia would pack on their hip just as an affirmation of their rights, alway felt more secure when they were around.  Like being in the presence of a policeman.  +1 to you.
Wow, I have never been told I was right on this forum. Thanks.
Malloy must go
Smitty5613
+46|6533|Middle of nowhere, California

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Wow, I have never been told I was right on this forum. Thanks.
ur wrong.....................
CommieChipmunk
+488|6577|Portland, OR, USA
you're two months late.............
JimmyBotswana
+82|6592|Montreal
conservatives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard