Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia
Hey all,

Quite often when dl'ing new programs, updates or firefox plug ins, I get a 'file is corrupt' or 'windows has found a problem with this file' when I attempt to install them.
It used to happen A LOT, but since then I have reformatted and most such updates go fine (formerly WMP 11, IE7, various other files would give me these errors; since the reformat most of these go off without a hitch - windows live messenger's new version won't update and results in one of these messages').

Anyway, I just installed BF2, then Special Forces, and then downloaded the full 1.41 patch.  When I try to patch the game, the patch setup.exe results in a '...encountered a problem and needs to close, send to microsoft blah blah blah' error, every time.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I got the patch from EA's site and haven't tried anywhere else, as it's not only this patch that gives me installation problems.

If anyone has any useful advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks group.

edit: sorry, I'm using XP SP2, and have never had a hardware problem so I didn't include specs.

Last edited by Rygar (2007-02-16 05:22:22)

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6730|Oregon
how much HDD space do you have left on the drive you are trying to install the patch on? i believe you need 1.1gb or something ridiculous.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

how much HDD space do you have left on the drive you are trying to install the patch on? i believe you need 1.1gb or something ridiculous.
About 150G.  The patch doesn't even open the installation window.  I double click it, and it takes a few minutes to actually do anything (it always did this, even when the old patches worked) then I get the error.

This is the first time I had to deal with 1.41 too.

Last edited by Rygar (2007-02-16 07:48:36)

LoonykStephane
+34|6545|Kingston,Ontario,Canada
Stop Right NOW...

I've wasted 7 Hrs of my time...

I assume you did your windows update!!!

If so, you have to Reformat again!!! Because it's messing around with the patching.

Install windows, update your sound and video drivers...and install WinRAR / WinZIP BF2, SF, EF, AF.......patch it up and then AND ONLY THEN do the rest of the windows update.

(Look like net framework 3.0 and other security update (don't know witch one) is fucking around patch 1.1 for BF2-SF....) and other shit.

Last edited by LoonykStephane (2007-02-16 07:49:49)

Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia

LoonykStephane wrote:

Stop Right NOW...

I've wasted 7 Hrs of my time...

I assume you did your windows update!!!

If so, you have to Reformat again!!! Because it's messing around with the patching.

Install windows, update your sound and video drivers...and install WinRAR / WinZIP BF2, SF, EF, AF.......patch it up and then AND ONLY THEN do the rest of the windows update.

(Look like net framework 3.0 is fucking around patch 1.1 for BF2-SF....) and other shit.
When I installed SF it patched BF2 to 1.1 no probs, but I did hear this about framework somewhere else.
LoonykStephane
+34|6545|Kingston,Ontario,Canada
I know...maybe it was one of my post...(if it was on this site)

I'm telling you man...i was pissed each and every time I tryed to apply patch's

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard