..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6655

ssonrats wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

OakLeaves wrote:

just fucking live with it its a game, I would be pissed if this were RL though
Says the man who up untill recently couldnt live without his stats,
I thought you two were buds?
We are, we always bitch at eachother.. I still like oakleaves (newcastle accent)
ecnerwaL[det]
+4|6328
Woah, I offer a piece of advice and I get flamed; whowouldathunkit.  But seriously man, if you've already tried tinkering with your client side settings to no avail, you're left with 2 choices: 1) accept the fact that you won't hit anything moving and adapt your playing style or 2) kill yourself.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.
Here's what I used to run.

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 2
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 2

Give it a shot. It worked for me.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6655

BigmacK wrote:

KK ill try that
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6627|Gold coast, Aus.
When i put my latencycompensation does shitloads (like to 2) it feels like im playing with 10000 ping....
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6574
Contweaking, no matter if used for sound or networksettings has totally ruined this game. You may not notice this on public playing but in competition gaming. Not only did someone figure out that you can increase your hitreg, but others even found out that you can totally ruin the hitreg your opponents have on you. Thus it makes you almost invincible and gives you an immense advantage over your opponents.

I do not want to go into detail what you can do with sound tweaking, SargeV1.4 already posted some hints what is possible.

Though i really wonder why a thread, where i post an harmless 2142 bug gets closed, but something like that is still open.

#resign u #fail

Thx to DICE & Even Balance (Punkbuster) for not protecting these values.

Last edited by fierce (2007-02-15 16:02:03)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

BigmacK wrote:

I would be under the impression that the latency compensation at 2 would make it quite, well, shitty. Also, isn't it U32Set for both commands?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.

Hurricane wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

I would be under the impression that the latency compensation at 2 would make it quite, well, shitty. Also, isn't it U32Set for both commands?
I haven't observed anything like that. My game was always smooth running.

From my tweaking, I noticed that the DefaultLatencyCompensation command designated when the game tried to compensate for a ping at the level you set it at. When I set it to react at a ping of 2 million, the game stopped trying to compensate for ping. In fact, I experienced fairly smooth game play on servers with up to a 200 ping.

As for the U32Set command, I don't know for sure. What you see above is how I always entered them, and I rarely had a problem while playing.

Last edited by BigmacK (2007-02-15 18:11:41)

BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6301|Malaysia
OR....you could always aim a little behind the target. The hitboxes lags behind a player when they move. No wonder my leading shots when I'm sniping misses them most of the time lol.

P/S : I've little problems with hit reg, but it's funny knowing that you killed someone and the X (confirmation of hit) doesnt appear. Happened plenty of times to me already, especially when sniping.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
Get better internets!

Only real way besides bitching to DICE to improve it.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6655

fierce wrote:

Contweaking, no matter if used for sound or networksettings has totally ruined this game. You may not notice this on public playing but in competition gaming. Not only did someone figure out that you can increase your hitreg, but others even found out that you can totally ruin the hitreg your opponents have on you. Thus it makes you almost invincible and gives you an immense advantage over your opponents.

I do not want to go into detail what you can do with sound tweaking, SargeV1.4 already posted some hints what is possible.

Though i really wonder why a thread, where i post an harmless 2142 bug gets closed, but something like that is still open.

#resign u #fail

Thx to DICE & Even Balance (Punkbuster) for not protecting these values.
I don't know whether you are bitching at me?... I completely agree with you though and I wouldn't have to be asking this question if those players just didn't tweak.

As for the mods closing your topic--I don't know and frankly a lot of threads are being closed for no reasons these days.

fiSH--Say hi to Gizmo from me
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6574

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I don't know whether you are bitching at me? [...]

fiSH--Say hi to Gizmo from me
No, it's a general bitching at contweaking and i will say hi to Gizz.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6501|Sydney, Australia
This is what I'm thinking, based on all the info that's cropped up on this thread.

1st, hitboxes lag behind the player.
2nd, high ping causes a delay between when your computer sends the information of you shooting, and when the server receives this data, meaning that when you're shooting AT someone moving, they would have already moved out of the way by the time your bullet registers on the server.

So......
Adding these two symptoms together, shouldn't playing on high ping servers allow you to shoot AT a target AND get the hit? Thereby solving the hitreg problem.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6691|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
yea i love how top fucks everything up stupid bitches
da_schmitty
+14|6270
Can we at least have the specs on your rig?  I had a POS, with terrible hit reg, then I upgraded to something much better (GFX card, processor, RAM, etc.).   I noticed a difference, not earth shaking, but I definetly noticed it.  If you have a super 1337 uber gaming rig, then ignore this comment.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6655

Tushers wrote:

yea i love how top fucks everything up stupid bitches
Yay!!you're gay!! Go die wo0kie I am in a bad mood.
Simon
basically
+838|6664|UK
Yeah, don't tweak. Seriously
imm0rtal
+18|6278|UK
imm0rtal>GamaX
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic
After spending a large amount of time trying to figure this out myself I came to a conclusion.

The best way to get your bullets to hit the target is to aim at it, those who moan constantly are missing.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

Towelly wrote:

After spending a large amount of time trying to figure this out myself I came to a conclusion.

The best way to get your bullets to hit the target is to aim at it, those who moan constantly are missing.
wow, finally some one speaks the truth.  GG
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6655
Well, considering that this thread is old let me update you.

I have tweaked, my hitreg has gotten much better, Sarge's guide sucks the donkey dick, my sexy values are hidden.

^^ All who say tweaking doesnt help=wrong.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I have tweaked, my hitreg has gotten much better, Sarge's guide sucks the donkey dick, my sexy values are hidden.

didn't say tweaking doesn't help, its just that the best way to go about it is to aim better.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6655

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

didn't say tweaking doesn't help, its just that the best way to go about it is to aim better.
Before, this would always happen to me:

I would shoot my first burst into an enemy, it would ALWAYS hit dust. Every single time I shot my first burst, I even experimented with a guy laying still. Just general info, nothing to do with above comment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard