lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA
from boortz.com

THE AMAZING AIR PELOSI MESS

I thought this woman was supposed to be a shrewd political operative. Sure isn't looking that way lately. How could a super-political like Nancy Pelosi let this kafuffle over how she gets back and forth to her home district get so out of control?

The story is really a bit pathetic, and it just won't go away! Nancy Pelosi wants the Pentagon to fly her back and forth between Washington and San Francisco. Fine, that' s fair. Republican Speaker Dennis Hastert had access to a Pentagon Gulfstream III to fly him back and forth to Illinois. Good enough for him, good enough for her.

But wait! Evidently that isn't good enough for her? Princess Nancy wants a bigger plane! She wants a 757! Something, I think, about being able to fly non-stop to San Francisco. Well, the G-III is fully capable of that mission ... if, that is, the airplane isn't loaded down with an entourage. But evidently that is what Pelosi wants! She wants friends, family members and other members of the California delegation to be able to fly with her! More people, less fuel. Less fuel, less range. Oops! Now she needs a 757? And don't forget her wealthy friends in the tuna industry! They might want a ride too!

She even delivered a backhanded suggestion that she was being discriminated against because she's a woman. Then she suggested that Don Rumsfeld may be behind the Pentagon's turn-down of the 757 request.

Now Pelosi says she is even said willing to fly commercial, as long as it was a direct (I think she means non-stop) flight. Here's an idea...why not take her up on that? Wait! I think I see the problem here. There are no non-stop flights between Washington-Reagan and San Francisco. That means Nancy might have to go to Dulles airport. Well ... there is one flight from Dulles to San Francisco that I could find, but then any self-respecting congressman just flat-out doesn't want to have to go to Dulles to catch a flight. Andrews Air Force Base is MUCH closer.

And then .. in the middle of this whole mess .. we have John Murtha spouting off! You remember Murtha, don't you? He's the man who has been slamming our troops in Iraq .. accusing them of killing Iraqi civilians "in cold blood." Well now this Democrat hero is dropping dark hints that funding for the Pentagon may suffer if they don't cave and hand Nancy her 757! Come on, folks. Can you believe this? We have a Democrat congressman ... a congressman that was being considered for the position of House Majority Leader ... virtually threatening the our military with a loss of funding if they don't give his benefactor, Nancy Pelosi, a nice plush 757 to fly back and forth from DC to San Francisco!

Imagine how much fun this is all going to be when they increase their control of the Congress and get The Hildabeast in the White House!

END

Oh, and before you knock the source, this story is all over the internet.

I don't care if your republican or democrat, this is a load of shit.

Last edited by lowing (2007-02-11 04:54:05)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Surely a G4 is capable of travelling that distance?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

According to the article precedence has already been set with a G3 and another congressman. I guess that isn't big enough for her.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

ghettoperson wrote:

G4 no problem at all, even fully loaded.  Fact.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

According to the article precedence has already been set with a G3 and another congressman. I guess that isn't big enough for her.
Yeah I know, I just seemed to think the G4 had more range, and so would be more suitable for the longer trip.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah I know, I just seemed to think the G4 had more range, and so would be more suitable for the longer trip.
Hmmmmmmmmm, might have to look up her stance on global warming. Could be interesting.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

lowing wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm, might have to look up her stance on global warming. Could be interesting.
http://www.house.gov/pelosi/press/relea … rming.html

“We already have many of the technology and techniques that we need to reduce global warming pollution, and American ingenuity will supply the rest. It is time to act.”

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-11 07:00:35)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

usmarine2007 wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.house.gov/pelosi/press/relea … rming.html
LOL,,,oops!............+1
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6541|Amherst, MA
Wow, you guys really just follow everything Fox News tells you..

Honestly, what would be so terrible about a larger plane, what does she want to like throw gigantic party in the sky, or move lots of cargo. I think its pretty obvious she just wants a flight that doesn't stop for gas, considering it was the DODs recommendation for safety issues, and she offered even to fly on commercial flights...

THIS IS A NON-STORY being use to smear Pelosi, fuck.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/07/pelosi-smear/

Last edited by LawJik (2007-02-11 07:10:35)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

LawJik wrote:

I don't watch Fox.  And it is a story about double standards.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

I don't see why this gets so much news coverage. Oh wow, someone wants to fly on a big jet. Big deal, we're in debt up to our knees as it's usually been so I don't think a private 757 flight's gonna be much worse. But if a G-IV can fly nonstop I don't see the problem in using that.

edit: Hildabeast=hillary? ROFL that's a good one

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-02-11 07:15:46)

Reciprocity
+721|6591|the dank(super) side of Oregon
what the fuck is a kafuffle?

by reading the above sentence, is it abundantly clear as to exactly how little of a shit I give about this non-story?

Last edited by Reciprocity (2007-02-11 07:16:58)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

Hurricane wrote:

I don't see why this gets so much news coverage. Oh wow, someone wants to fly on a big jet. Big deal, we're in debt up to our knees as it's usually been so I don't think a private 757 flight's gonna be much worse. But if a G-IV can fly nonstop I don't see the problem in using that.
It is not necessary, that is the story.  People voted democrat for things to change, not to stay the same correct?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

LawJik wrote:

Honestly, what would be so terrible about a larger plane, what does she want to like throw gigantic party in the sky, or move lots of cargo. I think its pretty obvious she just wants a flight that doesn't stop for gas, considering it was the DODs recommendation for safety issues, and she offered even to fly on commercial flights...

THIS IS A NON-STORY being use to smear Pelosi, fuck.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/07/pelosi-smear/

She is offered the same thing her predecessor was offered, it was good enough for him. Also there are plenty of small jets that can make that trip non-stop. The 757-200 is not the only airplane that can fly from coast to coast. It is laughable that you really do not think this has anything to do with prestige or status.

If she offered to fly commercial then let her. She only offered that because she knew there was no way she was going to have to. Kinda like me saying I would throw myself in front of a bus to save Valliam, knowing damn well I will never have to. (  I hope I never get tested on that one, I wouldn't want to be liar)
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

usmarine2007 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

It is not necessary, that is the story.  People voted democrat for things to change, not to stay the same correct?
Touche good sir.

Yeah lowing, this seems like a case of both spoiled adultitis and bored mediaitis. She'd probably be in SF by now if she just settled with a G-III or G-IV.

edit: "Madame" speaker?

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-02-11 07:22:32)

CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6367|CA, USA
personally i consider this a 'do as i say not as i do' kind of thing.  demorats are the ones pushing the global warming issue down our throats.  it's a shame that they can't lead by example and perhaps telecommute or find alternative ways to meet their constituents.  i'm all for saving the planet but there comes a point where it really starts infringing on our way of life.

i pulled up one of the global warming websites (apologize i forget which one) but it had a handy carbon calculator there.  i live in CA and my parents are in PA.  I'd like to visit them once per year.  this single trip resulted in me being drastically over my carbon allotment (according to their rankings).  i telecommute every day (i'm fortunate) and drive my car about 1000 miles YEARLY.  i already use those special expensive bulbs, etc.  That is, all the items on that list i do already - just not the travel thing.

so here we have a lady who stands behind policies that encourage people to honor a carbon allotment yet they don't follow it themselves.  to me that is lame.  sorry.

it's also interesting that the global warming thing goes out the door when developing countries are considered.  what protocols and safeguards do they have to prevent huge amounts of greenhouse gasses to enter the atmosphere.  china?  russia?  do you think the saudi's care about the environment?

of course the argument is that 'we' in the US should know better and lead by example.  i say put your money where your mouth is, Pelosi.  but i'm a crazy telecommuter trying not to pollute.
Chappy556
+14|6710
pelosi does a fine job of smearing herself...she doesn't need fox news to help. 

there are at least 8 perfectly safe military airfields between dc and san fran...if they're good enough for them, why not her royal heinous?
dawndus
+1|6522
Not sure if you know this, but Pelosi is THIRD in line for the president. But sure, go ahead and smear her for wanting private transportation for someone that is in the 3rd highest position in this country.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6746|Salt Lake City

All politicians are crooks and thieves.  The only honest politician is a dead one.
Chappy556
+14|6710

dawndus wrote:

Not sure if you know this, but Pelosi is THIRD in line for the president. But sure, go ahead and smear her for wanting private transportation for someone that is in the 3rd highest position in this country.
so was hastert but he didn't go out of his way to act like a douche on a power trip

the phrase "President Pelosi" just made me throw up a little in my mouth

Last edited by Chappy556 (2007-02-14 11:25:04)

dawndus
+1|6522

Chappy556 wrote:

dawndus wrote:

-----
so was hastert but he didn't go out of his way to act like a douche on a power trip
She is requesting transportation, in the form of a jet. Not exactly a power trip.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6746|Salt Lake City

Chappy556 wrote:

dawndus wrote:

the phrase "President Pelosi" just made me throw up a little in my mouth
I think some one has been watching Dodgeball. 
Chappy556
+14|6710

dawndus wrote:

Chappy556 wrote:

dawndus wrote:

-----
She is requesting transportation, in the form of a jet. Not exactly a power trip.
she inherited by virtue of winning speaker's chair transportation that would seat 11 and wanted transportation that would seat 100 +...exactly my idea of a power trip
dawndus
+1|6522

Chappy556 wrote:

she inherited by virtue of winning speaker's chair transportation that would seat 11 and wanted transportation that would seat 100 +...exactly my idea of a power trip
When did she ever request something that seated 100+? Any information I have read on it says that she would take whatever the Air Force gave her, and because she needs to go a further distance then Hasert, she needs a bigger plane.

"After September 11, Pelosi's predecessor, Dennis Hastert, was afforded the use of an Air Force passenger plane to go back and forth to his Chicago-area district. The speaker is, of course, after the vice president in the presidential line of succession."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/02/07/51817.aspx
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

dawndus wrote:

and because she needs to go a further distance then Hasert, she needs a bigger plane.
100% wrong.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard