13rin
+977|6487
Ok.. I know that there are threads adressing how fast you've driven... But.  What is the biggest speeding ticket you have gotten and how old were you?  Also, what were you driving at the time?  Aaand.. How fast were you really going?

I'll kick it off. 

1996 North Carolina I-95 south, Acura Integra 95', 80mph in a 55mph zone.  Reality, Saw cop slowed from 120 to 80.

Here's the poor bastard who got me thinking back...

http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/ind … eedingteen
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
=MI5=CHRISTIAN
Me Gusta Karma Mucho
+49|6553|Leftern America
search...
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6590|Brisbane Australia
17 years old, 185km/h in a 60km/h zone riding a '94 CBR 900-RR Fireblade.

On my learners (restricted to 250cc) carrying a pillion (also not allowed on learners)

End result:
4 years loss of license (of any type of motor vehicle), $2500 in fines (rsisting arrest for not shutting bike down, evading police, speeding, breach of license rules and a few others) and norrowly avoiding jail term due to age.

I spent a good couple of years begging rides from my mates to get anywhere thanks to that little effort.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6478|New York
3 weeks or so after aquiring my license I got a 63mph in a 30mph zone.

Reality: Radar starts chirping K band (Police car with radar functioning) and slowed down from around 75. If my dad had replaced the brakes on the car (2002 Toyota Corrola) 2 days earlier I easily could have gotten the car down to 45 - 50 and it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Luckily my dad is a cop. A desk cop, but still has a badge and cops help other cops out and that's why I still have a license.

hehehe
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I was 18. It was 4:30 am. I was going only 80. Limit was 65. So fucking lame. I was on the freeway to Los Angeles and there was practically no one on the road. Also, I thought I was only going 70, but I happened to be holding my mapquest directions over the spedometer If I remember correctly, ticket was around $200, traffic school was $40 I believe, and I think there were some other fees or something, because I remember all in all it cost me at least $300.

That's the only time I've been caught speeding. It's kinda funny because all my friends have gotten tickets at home or nearby, but I got mine when I was at least 30 miles away.

Oh, and I was driving a 1992 Nissan Quest Pimp mini-van ftw.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2006-12-12 23:45:36)

JE3146
+109|6579|Oregon
Never been ticketed(or pulled over for that matter). *knock on wood*

I've been driving for almost 7 years.

Last edited by JE3146 (2006-12-12 23:56:45)

nakayama1
+0|6486
i was 19 when i got pulled over in houston,tx. i was going 70 on a 70mph hwy. state trooper pulled me over.. saying i was going 75 on a 70.. i was on cruise control btw.. then trooper told me to turn off my car put my hands on the hood, searched me.. then flipped my whole car inside out saying he suspect me for having drugs.. searched my whole car for about a good 2 hrs while i was still standing by my hood .. tired as fuk! god damn dat stupid pig.. he aint even clean up his mess and he gave me a ticket btw
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

nakayama1 wrote:

i was 19 when i got pulled over in houston,tx. i was going 70 on a 70mph hwy. state trooper pulled me over.. saying i was going 75 on a 70.. i was on cruise control btw.. then trooper told me to turn off my car put my hands on the hood, searched me.. then flipped my whole car inside out saying he suspect me for having drugs.. searched my whole car for about a good 2 hrs while i was still standing by my hood .. tired as fuk! god damn dat stupid pig.. he aint even clean up his mess and he gave me a ticket btw
Are you black or hispanic? Because if you are, that would explain a lot... especially being in Texas (just messing, don't get offended all you Texans)
Darky
Hi..
+71|6569|Here.
Worst was 73 in a 60 zone from a stationary red light/speed camera. Fine was $154.
dubbs
+105|6639|Lexington, KY
Twice I got tickets for going ove 20.  The first was in a 2001 S10 Xtream.  i was doing 75 in a 55.  I was told that if it had not been my first ticket then I would have been in jail that night.

The other one, I think the cop was profiling.  I was suppose to be going 45 in a 25, and turning the corner when he caught me.   I was in neighborhood that is known for drugs and being a rough part of town.  I was 22 at the time, driving a 2002 Grand Prix SE (sunroof and all).  To bad I was just delivering pizza.  The cop told me that the home owners were saying people were speeding in the area, this is an area that most people are living off the government, or Section 8.  He also asked me if he could follow me to the place that ordered the pizza.  I told him no, because it would look bad for the company.  I bet that if I did he would have let me go.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6800
Never had a ticket while driving.  Never been in a car that's been ticketed for speeding. However, when I was 17, I was back seat passenger (one of three) in a Peugeot 205, Madonna blaring out the stereo, and got pulled over for jumping a red light.  Result: £30 fine and 3 points on the driver's licence.

Worst one though is doing 65mph in a 30mph zone - should be automatic loss of licence for doing double the speed limit - and only had a telling off.  I was working security at the time and we were travelling to a suspected break-in at a car lot, at 3 AM.  The roads were absolutely clear, so we were bombing it through a small town and suddenly there's blue lights behind us.  Got pulled over and we explained the situation, apologised profusely and just got told not to do it again.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6717|Charlie One Alpha
I've been ticketed three times... all while riding my 1979 Datsun Cherry.
Really anal, all three of them:

59 km/h in a 50 zone
129 km/h in a 120 zone
128 km/h in a 120 zone

In total those cost me about 60 euros, not too bad. I frequently hit 140 (~87 m/ph) on freeways (quite nice for a 79 Datsun if you ask me) but luckily I've never been caught for that.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6693|Hell's prison

=MI5=CHRISTIAN wrote:

search...
Looks like the people shut you up pretty fast.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
lol never been ticketed. On the motorway like every other driver i go over the limit, sometimes maybe 110mph if its pretty empty i make sure im not always driving that fast though as its dangerous to other people as well as me.
bootsy
Banned
+9|6294
1976 honda 754 4 cyl,140mph+, didnt even hear the sirens, saw light flickering off other cars, took me 3 highway exits to slow down,suspened lic for 6 months,and a $500 ticket,there for awhile i thought i was seeing through time,lol

Last edited by bootsy (2007-02-14 05:39:37)

jessefer
+6|6678|Florida,U.S.A
65 in a 30 lost my lisence for a while. the cop took me to the posted sighn that was laying on the ground....i wanted to cock punch him sooooo bad 1983 s10 with 350 conversion

Last edited by jessefer (2007-02-14 06:32:51)

Shadow893
lel
+75|6700|England
200 in a 30 zone and... oh wait... real life? never. (mainly cos i'm not old enough to drive) :p
bootsy
Banned
+9|6294

jessefer wrote:

65 in a 30 lost my lisence for a while. the cop took me to the posted sighn that was laying on the ground....i wanted to cock punch him sooooo bad 1983 s10 with 350 conversion
did you knock it down to the ground?? if not you could had faught that ticket, because if the post was laying on the ground that means there was no visible posting=you would had beat that ticket
penguin.killer
+75|6488
neva
arson
+99|6644|New York
I was on Malibu Canyon riding a CBR600,  my speedometer was disconnected at the time but they impounded  my bike and took me to jail for about 5 hours before I was released.  They said I was doing 105 but it felt like only 80..My friend came to get me but he came in the wrong door  and they threw him in a cell too for a few hours. real pricks
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6787|Great Brown North
never
stratozyck
+35|6640
Yeah sure its easy to call em pigs - I was ticketed while going 70 in a 55 (it was usually a 70 but there was construction).

But I have one story that for the rest of my life will reassure me that there are some good cops out there.

I was smoking weed and going to a friend's house to smoke more (her dad was a cop, but unrelated to this story).  I had some really high quality nug and a good pipe.  There was someone ahead of me going below the speed limit so I sped up to pass them when a cop rushed on from an onramp and flashed his lights. 

I was thinking, damn I hope he has some donuts.  Really, I was pretty baked and the gravity of the situation hadn't really hit me.  Now, what happened is 100% true, and to this day I don't really understand it.  But all he did was walk up to the window, take a big sniff, and told me to get the hell out of there.  I had my license, registration, etc all in my hand and he didn't even want to see it.  He drove off while I still dangled my license out the window. 

To this day, I thank my lucky stars that happened.  The drug laws are pretty rediculous - eseentially they amount to "you're screwing up your life so we're going to screw it up more for you by giving you a criminal record."  I wasn't screwing up my life... got a degree and a great job and all... but to think if he had been a typical cop none of that would have happened.
Glennwood_Quagmire
+3|6834
91 in a 65 I-95S in South Carolina (just before I crossed this very long bridge doing about 110). Radar detector went BEEP... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Side note never tell the cops your on your way to Miami at 4am in I-95, they will want to search your car.

GQ
too_money2007
+145|6316|Keller, Tx
15 over, not much here. But, I shut down at 115mph heading S on I-45, limit was 70mph. He had someone else pulled over, so he didn't pay any attention to me.
SuperMike
Banned
+11|6467|KENT
1987 Ilminster bypass (S.W. England) caught by unmarked cop car (cowards)
doing 98mph on a 60mph dual carriageway ?
Fined £250 - a lot in 1987 plus a 2 week ban.
But 20 minute earlier on an "A" road was doing 137mph (bad boy)
Car was "Audi Quattro"  sex on wheels

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard